Barbarian Fast Movement - changes?

  • distant_scholar
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 24, 2011
      I was updating a (partial Barbarian) character of mine, and noticed that his move was 5 feet faster than before. Poking into the data, it seems that the "Barbarian Fast Movement" ability (in data/d20ogl/srd35/basics/rsrd_abilities_class_base.lst) has been changed. It adds 15 feet to movement now, and the PRExxx tag has been changed. (I believe the old version is still there, but commented out.)

      Before I file a bug report, I wanted to check if there was some other reason why this was changed. Was it someone's house rule that accidentally got put into the data? Did the ability actually change and no one told me? Is the new PRExxx tag more efficient, and the 15 instead of 10 bonus is a typo?

      It seemed like a very unusual change, and it also seems strange that it hasn't been noticed by someone.
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 24, 2011
        Hi Doug,

        Which Version of PCGen?

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 24, 2011

          It was present in the trunk, so I've fixed it there.

          Completed: At revision: 14734

          Barbarian Fast Movement got changed <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-248>

          On 3/24/2011 9:17 AM, Andrew wrote:
          > Hi Doug,
          >
          > Which Version of PCGen?
          >

          > On 3/24/2011 4:15 AM, distant_scholar wrote:
          >> I was updating a (partial Barbarian) character of mine, and noticed that his move was 5 feet faster than before. Poking into the data, it seems that the "Barbarian Fast Movement" ability (in data/d20ogl/srd35/basics/rsrd_abilities_class_base.lst) has been changed. It adds 15 feet to movement now, and the PRExxx tag has been changed. (I believe the old version is still there, but commented out.)
          >>
          >> Before I file a bug report, I wanted to check if there was some other reason why this was changed. Was it someone's house rule that accidentally got put into the data? Did the ability actually change and no one told me? Is the new PRExxx tag more efficient, and the 15 instead of 10 bonus is a typo?
          >>
          >> It seemed like a very unusual change, and it also seems strange that it hasn't been noticed by someone.
          >>

          >> ------------------------------------
          >>
          >> Related Lists
          >> PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

          >> Yahoo! Groups Links

        • distant_scholar
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 26, 2011
            I did forget to mention the version, didn't I? I found it in 5.16.4, but checked out the SVN file, and it was changed in there, too. (That's what you refer to as 'in the trunk', right?)

            I am curious how it got changed, and if there's a way to check if anything else got changed improperly.

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 26, 2011

              We can find who did it, but not really worth - I'm betting it was done around when the Barbarian
              Fast Movement wasn't working.