Pathfinder Druid - adding levels doesn't add levels to animal companion

  • UnclePete
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 19, 2011
      Evening, All.

      I'm having a small issue with PCGen in our game - the druids' animal
      companion stats don't auto level up when the host does.

      I'll use my character as an example - the other player's character has
      exactly the same problem. I have a druid with an animal companion -
      small cat (cheetah) - which I created at level 1 and systematically
      upgraded to level 5. At level 5, the cheetah was also level 5 and all
      was good. When I upgraded the character to L6, the cheetah did not
      upgrade, and has not moved since. The druid is now L8.

      Any ideas?

      PCGen 5.16.4 + OoC datasets update4. One player uses Windoze - I use
      Ubuntu. Sun java on both systems (JRE6). Same result on both systems.
    • David R. Bender
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 19, 2011
        Load your druid and animal companion.

        Step 1: On the animal companion tab, under "inventory" -> "resources",
        you can click a button to "update from master".

        Step 2: On the animal companion tab, under "feats & abilities" -> "class
        abilities", you can update the companions "level increase choice".

        Remember you have one of two choices at the increase level, either +2 to
        abilities (str, dex?, -con?) or the listed abilities and PCGen doesn't
        know which one you want to take.

        -- david
        Papa.DRB

        My better half and me (jpg)

        Rule of thumb for software: The first 80% of the development takes 80%
        of the planned time. The last 20% takes the other 80%.

        On 3/19/2011 5:41 AM, UnclePete wrote:
        > Evening, All.
        >
        > I'm having a small issue with PCGen in our game - the druids' animal
        > companion stats don't auto level up when the host does.
        >
        > I'll use my character as an example - the other player's character has
        > exactly the same problem. I have a druid with an animal companion -
        > small cat (cheetah) - which I created at level 1 and systematically
        > upgraded to level 5. At level 5, the cheetah was also level 5 and all
        > was good. When I upgraded the character to L6, the cheetah did not
        > upgrade, and has not moved since. The druid is now L8.
        >
        > Any ideas?
        >
        > PCGen 5.16.4 + OoC datasets update4. One player uses Windoze - I use
        > Ubuntu. Sun java on both systems (JRE6). Same result on both systems.

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      • UnclePete
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 19, 2011
          Hi David,

          Thanks for the reply.

          Step2 has been set to "level increase choice", and this worked fine for
          5 levels.

          I've tried the Step1 button - no effect.

          What I normally do when increasing level is this:
          - open druid character
          - open animal companion from inventory>resources>animal companion
          - on master character, use class>add xp to add xp to next level
          - get 'you can level up with that much experience' pop-up
          - go to Summary tab and add level
          - select skill, feats, spells, etc from appropriate tab
          - go to animal companion - no change. Click update from master button.
          no change

          Any ideas?

          Pete

          On 03/19/2011 11:41 PM, David R. Bender wrote:

          > Load your druid and animal companion.
          >
          > Step 1: On the animal companion tab, under "inventory" -> "resources",
          > you can click a button to "update from master".
          >
          > Step 2: On the animal companion tab, under "feats & abilities" -> "class
          > abilities", you can update the companions "level increase choice".
          >
          > Remember you have one of two choices at the increase level, either +2 to
          > abilities (str, dex?, -con?) or the listed abilities and PCGen doesn't
          > know which one you want to take.
          >
          > -- david
          > Papa.DRB
          >
          > My better half and me (jpg)
          > <http://mysite.verizon.net/vze16ni4g/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>

          > Rule of thumb for software: The first 80% of the development takes 80%
          > of the planned time. The last 20% takes the other 80%.
          >
          > On 3/19/2011 5:41 AM, UnclePete wrote:
          > > Evening, All.
          > >
          > > I'm having a small issue with PCGen in our game - the druids' animal
          > > companion stats don't auto level up when the host does.
          > >
          > > I'll use my character as an example - the other player's character has
          > > exactly the same problem. I have a druid with an animal companion -
          > > small cat (cheetah) - which I created at level 1 and systematically
          > > upgraded to level 5. At level 5, the cheetah was also level 5 and all
          > > was good. When I upgraded the character to L6, the cheetah did not
          > > upgrade, and has not moved since. The druid is now L8.
          > >
          > > Any ideas?
          > >
          > > PCGen 5.16.4 + OoC datasets update4. One player uses Windoze - I use
          > > Ubuntu. Sun java on both systems (JRE6). Same result on both systems.
          > >

          > > ------------------------------------
          > >
          > > Related Lists
          > > PCGen's Online Docs:
          > > PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs:
          > >
          > > PCGen List File Help:
          > >
          > > PCGen Experimental:
          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • papa_drb
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 19, 2011
            Hmmm... My reply to this did not show up.. Strange...

            Anyway, please send me the two .pcg files and I will take a look at them,

            -- david
            Papa.DRB

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, UnclePete <uncle@...> wrote:

            > Hi David,
            >
            > Thanks for the reply.
            >
            > Step2 has been set to "level increase choice", and this worked fine for
            > 5 levels.
            >
            > I've tried the Step1 button - no effect.
            >
            > What I normally do when increasing level is this:
            > - open druid character
            > - open animal companion from inventory>resources>animal companion
            > - on master character, use class>add xp to add xp to next level
            > - get 'you can level up with that much experience' pop-up
            > - go to Summary tab and add level
            > - select skill, feats, spells, etc from appropriate tab
            > - go to animal companion - no change. Click update from master button.
            > no change
          • UnclePete
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 20, 2011
              Hi David,

              Here's a pair of files that exhibit this problem.

              The really weird thing is that I've tried a level-up using these files
              and the level up works OK, except the companion (Ming) is still one
              level behind the master (Zian). I'm guessing that there was a glitch at
              some combination of PCGen and dataset level (the 5th level character
              mentioned earlier) that introduced the problem, and the current
              installation has fixed that problem.

              I've rebuilt the animal companion file and all is good now. Level
              progression works correctly. If you want to diagnose using these files,
              be my guest. However, I'm happy to just play the game...

              Thanks for your help.

              Pete

              On 03/20/2011 03:25 AM, papa_drb wrote:

              > Hmmm... My reply to this did not show up.. Strange...
              >
              > Anyway, please send me the two .pcg files and I will take a look at them,
              >
              > -- david
              > Papa.DRB
              >
              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <mailto:pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>,
              > UnclePete <uncle@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi David,
              > >
              > > Thanks for the reply.
              > >
              > > Step2 has been set to "level increase choice", and this worked fine for
              > > 5 levels.
              > >
              > > I've tried the Step1 button - no effect.
              > >
              > > What I normally do when increasing level is this:
              > > - open druid character
              > > - open animal companion from inventory>resources>animal companion
              > > - on master character, use class>add xp to add xp to next level
              > > - get 'you can level up with that much experience' pop-up
              > > - go to Summary tab and add level
              > > - select skill, feats, spells, etc from appropriate tab
              > > - go to animal companion - no change. Click update from master button.
              > > no change

              ----------

              PCGVERSION:2.0

              # System Information
              CAMPAIGN:Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary|CAMPAIGN:Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
              VERSION:5.16.4
              ROLLMETHOD:2|EXPRESSION:Standard Fantasy
              PURCHASEPOINTS:Y|TYPE:Standard Fantasy
              POOLPOINTS:2
              POOLPOINTSAVAIL:15
              GAMEMODE:Pathfinder_RPG
              TABLABEL:0
              AUTOSPELLS:Y
              USEHIGHERKNOWN:N
              USEHIGHERPREPPED:N
              LOADCOMPANIONS:N
              USETEMPMODS:Y
              AUTOSORTGEAR:Y
              SKILLSOUTPUTORDER:0
              IGNORECOST:N
              ALLOWDEBT:N
              AUTORESIZEGEAR:N

              # Character Bio
              CHARACTERNAME:Ming
              TABNAME:
              PLAYERNAME:
              HEIGHT:0
              WEIGHT:0
              AGE:0
              GENDER:Male
              HANDED:Right
              SKINCOLOR:
              EYECOLOR:
              HAIRCOLOR:
              HAIRSTYLE:
              LOCATION:
              CITY:
              BIRTHDAY:
              BIRTHPLACE:
              PERSONALITYTRAIT1:
              PERSONALITYTRAIT2:
              SPEECHPATTERN:
              PHOBIAS:
              INTERESTS:
              CATCHPHRASE:
              PORTRAIT:/home/peterw/Dropbox/PCGen/Portraits/ming.jpg

              # Character Attributes
              STAT:STR|SCORE:10
              STAT:DEX|SCORE:11
              STAT:CON|SCORE:11
              STAT:INT|SCORE:10
              STAT:WIS|SCORE:10
              STAT:CHA|SCORE:10
              ALIGN:NG
              RACE:Companion (Cat (Small (Cheetah)))

              # Character Class(es)
              CLASS:Companion|SUBCLASS:None|LEVEL:7|SKILLPOOL:1
              CLASSABILITIESLEVEL:Companion=1|HITPOINTS:8|SKILLSGAINED:1
              CLASSABILITIESLEVEL:Companion=2|HITPOINTS:4|SKILLSGAINED:1
              CLASSABILITIESLEVEL:Companion=3|HITPOINTS:4|SKILLSGAINED:1
              CLASSABILITIESLEVEL:Companion=4|HITPOINTS:4|SKILLSGAINED:1
              CLASSABILITIESLEVEL:Companion=5|HITPOINTS:5|SKILLSGAINED:1
              CLASSABILITIESLEVEL:Companion=6|HITPOINTS:5|SKILLSGAINED:1
              CLASSABILITIESLEVEL:Companion=7|HITPOINTS:0|SKILLSGAINED:1|SKILLSREMAINING:1

              # Character Experience
              EXPERIENCE:0

              # Character Templates

              # Character Region

              # Character Skills
              SKILL:Acrobatics|OUTPUTORDER:1|
              SKILL:Acrobatics (Jump)|OUTPUTORDER:2|
              SKILL:Appraise|OUTPUTORDER:3|
              SKILL:Bluff|OUTPUTORDER:4|
              SKILL:Climb|OUTPUTORDER:5|
              SKILL:Craft (Untrained)|OUTPUTORDER:6|
              SKILL:Diplomacy|OUTPUTORDER:7|
              SKILL:Disguise|OUTPUTORDER:8|
              SKILL:Escape Artist|OUTPUTORDER:9|
              SKILL:Fly|OUTPUTORDER:10|
              SKILL:Heal|OUTPUTORDER:11|
              SKILL:Intimidate|OUTPUTORDER:12|
              SKILL:Perception|OUTPUTORDER:13|CLASSBOUGHT:[CLASS:Companion|RANKS:3.0|COST:1|CLASSSKILL:Y]
              SKILL:Perform (Untrained)|OUTPUTORDER:14|
              SKILL:Ride|OUTPUTORDER:15|
              SKILL:Sense Motive|OUTPUTORDER:16|
              SKILL:Stealth|OUTPUTORDER:17|CLASSBOUGHT:[CLASS:Companion|RANKS:1.0|COST:1|CLASSSKILL:Y]
              SKILL:Survival|OUTPUTORDER:18|CLASSBOUGHT:[CLASS:Companion|RANKS:2.0|COST:1|CLASSSKILL:Y]
              SKILL:Swim|OUTPUTORDER:19|

              # Character Languages

              # Character Feats
              FEATPOOL:-3.0

              # Character Abilities
              ABILITY:FEAT|TYPE:NORMAL|CATEGORY:FEAT|KEY:Combat Reflexes|TYPE:Combat|DESC:You can make additional attacks of opportunity.
              ABILITY:FEAT|TYPE:NORMAL|CATEGORY:FEAT|KEY:Stealthy|TYPE:General|DESC:You are good at avoiding attention and slipping out of bonds.
              ABILITY:FEAT|TYPE:NORMAL|CATEGORY:FEAT|KEY:Power Attack|TYPE:Combat.AttackOption.AbyssalBloodline.DraconicBloodline.ElementalBloodline|DESC:You can make exceptionally deadly melee attacks by sacrificing accuracy for strength.
              USERPOOL:FEAT|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Internal|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Special Ability|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Ability Bonus|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Favored Class|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Favored Class Bonus|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Obsessive Bonus|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Adaptability Bonus Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Traits|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Campaign Traits|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Archetype|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Class Archetype|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Dwarf Racial Trait|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Elf Racial Trait|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Gnome Racial Trait|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Half Elf Racial Trait|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Half Orc Racial Trait|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Halfling Racial Trait|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Human Racial Trait|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Fighter Bonus Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Monk Bonus Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Combat Trick Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Weapon Training|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Aberrant Bloodline Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Abyssal Bloodline Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Arcane Bloodline Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Celestial Bloodline Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Destined Bloodline Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Draconic Bloodline Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Elemental Bloodline Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Fey Bloodline Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Infernal Bloodline Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Undead Bloodline Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Ranger Bonus Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Wizard Bonus Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Rage Power|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Versatile Performance|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Channel Energy|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Weapon Training I|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Weapon Training II|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Weapon Training III|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Weapon Training IV|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Mercy|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Divine Bond|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Favored Enemy|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Favored Enemy Bonus|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Favored Terrain|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Favored Terrain Bonus|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Combat Style|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Hunter's Bond|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Rogue Talent|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Sorcerer Bloodline|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Arcane Bond|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Arcane Opposition School|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Expert Class Skills|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Nature Bond|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Druid Domain|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Weapon Mastery|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Necromancer Channeling|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Knowledge Class Skill|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Arcane Bloodline School Power|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              ABILITY:Animal Trick|TYPE:NORMAL|CATEGORY:Special Ability|KEY:Animal Trick ~ Attack|TYPE:AnimalTrick|DESC:The animal attacks apparent enemies.|DESC:Animal will attack all creatures&pipe;PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Animal Trick,Animal Trick ~ Attack II
              ABILITY:Animal Trick|TYPE:NORMAL|CATEGORY:Special Ability|KEY:Animal Trick ~ Attack II|TYPE:AnimalTrick
              ABILITY:Animal Trick|TYPE:NORMAL|CATEGORY:Special Ability|KEY:Animal Trick ~ Fetch|TYPE:AnimalTrick|DESC:The animal goes and gets something. If you do not point out a specific item, the animal fetches a random object.
              ABILITY:Animal Trick|TYPE:NORMAL|CATEGORY:Special Ability|KEY:Animal Training ~ Fighting|TYPE:AnimalTrick.AnimalTraining.General.SpecialQuality|DESC:An animal trained to engage in combat knows the tricks attack, down, and stay. Training an animal for fighting takes 3 weeks.
              ABILITY:Animal Trick|TYPE:NORMAL|CATEGORY:Special Ability|KEY:Animal Trick ~ Defend|TYPE:AnimalTrick|DESC:The animal defends you (or is ready to defend you if no threat is present), even without any command being given. Alternatively, you can command the animal to defend another specific character.
              ABILITY:Animal Trick|TYPE:NORMAL|CATEGORY:Special Ability|KEY:Animal Trick ~ Guard|TYPE:AnimalTrick|DESC:The animal stays in place and prevents others from approaching.
              ABILITY:Animal Trick|TYPE:NORMAL|CATEGORY:Special Ability|KEY:Animal Trick ~ Track|TYPE:AnimalTrick|DESC:The animal tracks the scent presented to it. (This requires the animal to have the scent ability.)
              USERPOOL:Animal Trick|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              ABILITY:Companion Level Increase Choice|TYPE:NORMAL|CATEGORY:Special Ability|KEY:Companion Advancement (Cat (Small (Cheetah)))|TYPE:CompChoice
              USERPOOL:Companion Level Increase Choice|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              ABILITY:Companion Stat Increase|TYPE:NORMAL|CATEGORY:Special Ability|KEY:Companion Stat ~ CON|APPLIEDTO:|TYPE:CompStatChoice
              USERPOOL:Companion Stat Increase|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Loremaster Secret|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Intelligent Item|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Intelligent Item Alignment|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Intelligent Item Languages|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Intelligent Item Power|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Intelligent Item Purpose|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Intelligent Item Purpose Power|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Afflictions|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Affliction|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Class Level +4 Ability Adjustment|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Class Level +2 Ability Adjustment|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Class Level -2 Ability Adjustment|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Animated Object Ability|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Ghost Ability|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Half-Celestial Ability Bonus|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Half-Dragon Type|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Half-Fiend Ability Bonus|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Lycanthrope Type|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Lycanthrope Kind|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Cloud Giant Oversized Weapon|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Giant Spider Type|POOLPOINTS:0.0

              # Character Weapon proficiencies
              WEAPONPROF:[WEAPON:Bite|WEAPON:Claws]

              # Character Equipment
              MONEY:0
              EQUIPNAME:Bite (Natural/Primary)|OUTPUTORDER:0|COST:0|WT:0.0|QUANTITY:1.0|CUSTOMIZATION:[BASEITEM:Bite|DATA:KEY=Bite]
              EQUIPNAME:Claws (Natural/Secondary)|OUTPUTORDER:0|COST:0|WT:0.0|QUANTITY:1.0|CUSTOMIZATION:[BASEITEM:Claws|DATA:KEY=Claws]
              EQUIPSET:Default Set|ID:0.1|USETEMPMODS:Y
              EQUIPSET:Natural-Primary|ID:0.1.1|VALUE:Bite (Natural/Primary)|QUANTITY:1.0|USETEMPMODS:Y
              EQUIPSET:Natural-Secondary|ID:0.1.2|VALUE:Claws (Natural/Secondary)|QUANTITY:1.0|USETEMPMODS:Y
              CALCEQUIPSET:0.1

              # Temporary Bonuses

              # EquipSet Temp Bonuses

              # Character Deity/Domain

              # Character Spells Information

              # Character Description/Bio/History
              CHARACTERBIO:
              CHARACTERDESC:
              CHARACTERCOMP:
              CHARACTERASSET:
              CHARACTERMAGIC:
              CHARACTERDMNOTES:

              # Kits
              KIT:Companion ~ Small Cat

              # Character Master/Follower
              MASTER:Zian Del'Orto|TYPE:Animal Companion|HITDICE:5|FILE:/home/peter/Dropbox/fng/characters/Zian 8th.pcg|ADJUSTMENT:0

              # Character Notes Tab

              # Age Set Selections
              AGESET:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0

              ----------

              PCGVERSION:2.0

              # System Information
              CAMPAIGN:Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary|CAMPAIGN:Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
              VERSION:5.16.4
              ROLLMETHOD:0|EXPRESSION:0
              PURCHASEPOINTS:N
              POOLPOINTS:0
              POOLPOINTSAVAIL:15
              GAMEMODE:Pathfinder_RPG
              TABLABEL:0
              AUTOSPELLS:Y
              USEHIGHERKNOWN:N
              USEHIGHERPREPPED:N
              LOADCOMPANIONS:N
              USETEMPMODS:Y
              AUTOSORTGEAR:Y
              SKILLSOUTPUTORDER:0
              IGNORECOST:N
              ALLOWDEBT:N
              AUTORESIZEGEAR:Y

              # Character Bio
              CHARACTERNAME:Zian Del'Orto
              TABNAME:Zian
              PLAYERNAME:Peter
              HEIGHT:70
              WEIGHT:120
              AGE:20
              GENDER:Female
              HANDED:Right
              SKINCOLOR:Pale
              EYECOLOR:Amber
              HAIRCOLOR:Tawny
              HAIRSTYLE:Long - usually braided
              LOCATION:
              CITY:
              BIRTHDAY:
              BIRTHPLACE:
              PERSONALITYTRAIT1:
              PERSONALITYTRAIT2:
              SPEECHPATTERN:
              PHOBIAS:
              INTERESTS:
              CATCHPHRASE:
              PORTRAIT:/home/peterw/Dropbox/PCGen/Portraits/zian.jpg

              # Character Attributes
              STAT:STR|SCORE:12
              STAT:DEX|SCORE:12
              STAT:CON|SCORE:10
              STAT:INT|SCORE:12
              STAT:WIS|SCORE:16
              STAT:CHA|SCORE:10
              ALIGN:NG
              RACE:Human

              # Character Class(es)
              CLASS:Druid|SUBCLASS:None|LEVEL:7|SKILLPOOL:0|SPELLBASE:WIS|CANCASTPERDAY:4,4,3,2,1
              CLASSABILITIESLEVEL:Druid=1|HITPOINTS:8|SKILLSGAINED:6
              CLASSABILITIESLEVEL:Druid=2|HITPOINTS:1|SKILLSGAINED:6
              CLASSABILITIESLEVEL:Druid=3|HITPOINTS:2|SKILLSGAINED:6
              CLASSABILITIESLEVEL:Druid=4|HITPOINTS:6|PRESTAT:STR=1|SKILLSGAINED:6
              CLASSABILITIESLEVEL:Druid=5|HITPOINTS:4|SKILLSGAINED:6
              CLASSABILITIESLEVEL:Druid=6|HITPOINTS:5|SKILLSGAINED:6
              CLASSABILITIESLEVEL:Druid=7|HITPOINTS:5|SKILLSGAINED:6

              # Character Experience
              EXPERIENCE:35000

              # Character Templates
              TEMPLATESAPPLIED:[NAME:Human]

              # Character Region

              # Character Skills
              SKILL:Acrobatics|OUTPUTORDER:1|CLASSBOUGHT:[CLASS:Druid|RANKS:4.0|COST:1|CLASSSKILL:N]
              SKILL:Acrobatics (Jump)|OUTPUTORDER:2|
              SKILL:Appraise|OUTPUTORDER:3|
              SKILL:Bluff|OUTPUTORDER:4|
              SKILL:Climb|OUTPUTORDER:5|
              SKILL:Craft (Calligraphy)|OUTPUTORDER:6|CLASSBOUGHT:[CLASS:Druid|RANKS:3.0|COST:1|CLASSSKILL:Y]
              SKILL:Craft (Untrained)|OUTPUTORDER:7|
              SKILL:Diplomacy|OUTPUTORDER:8|
              SKILL:Disguise|OUTPUTORDER:9|
              SKILL:Escape Artist|OUTPUTORDER:10|
              SKILL:Fly|OUTPUTORDER:11|
              SKILL:Handle Animal|OUTPUTORDER:12|CLASSBOUGHT:[CLASS:Druid|RANKS:7.0|COST:1|CLASSSKILL:Y]
              SKILL:Heal|OUTPUTORDER:13|
              SKILL:Intimidate|OUTPUTORDER:14|
              SKILL:Knowledge (Local)|OUTPUTORDER:15|CLASSBOUGHT:[CLASS:Druid|RANKS:7.0|COST:1|CLASSSKILL:N]
              SKILL:Knowledge (Nature)|OUTPUTORDER:16|CLASSBOUGHT:[CLASS:Druid|RANKS:4.0|COST:1|CLASSSKILL:Y]
              SKILL:Knowledge (Religion)|OUTPUTORDER:17|CLASSBOUGHT:[CLASS:Druid|RANKS:2.0|COST:1|CLASSSKILL:N]
              SKILL:Perception|OUTPUTORDER:18|CLASSBOUGHT:[CLASS:Druid|RANKS:7.0|COST:1|CLASSSKILL:Y]
              SKILL:Perform (Untrained)|OUTPUTORDER:19|
              SKILL:Ride|OUTPUTORDER:20|CLASSBOUGHT:[CLASS:Druid|RANKS:2.0|COST:1|CLASSSKILL:Y]
              SKILL:Sense Motive|OUTPUTORDER:21|CLASSBOUGHT:[CLASS:Druid|RANKS:2.0|COST:1|CLASSSKILL:N]
              SKILL:Spellcraft|OUTPUTORDER:22|CLASSBOUGHT:[CLASS:Druid|RANKS:3.0|COST:1|CLASSSKILL:Y]
              SKILL:Stealth|OUTPUTORDER:23|CLASSBOUGHT:[CLASS:Druid|RANKS:1.0|COST:1|CLASSSKILL:N]
              SKILL:Survival|OUTPUTORDER:24|
              SKILL:Swim|OUTPUTORDER:25|

              # Character Languages
              LANGUAGE:Common|LANGUAGE:Druidic|LANGUAGE:Elven

              # Character Feats
              FEATPOOL:-5.0

              # Character Abilities
              ABILITY:FEAT|TYPE:NORMAL|CATEGORY:FEAT|KEY:Natural Spell|TYPE:General|DESC:You can cast spells even while in a form that cannot normally cast spells.
              ABILITY:FEAT|TYPE:NORMAL|CATEGORY:FEAT|KEY:Eschew Materials|TYPE:General|DESC:You can cast many spells without needing to utilize minor material components.
              ABILITY:FEAT|TYPE:NORMAL|CATEGORY:FEAT|KEY:Martial Weapon Proficiency|APPLIEDTO:Halberd|TYPE:Combat|DESC:You understand how to use your chosen martial weapon in combat.
              ABILITY:FEAT|TYPE:NORMAL|CATEGORY:FEAT|KEY:Combat Casting|TYPE:General.AberrantBloodline.ArcaneBloodline.UndeadBloodline|DESC:You are adept at spellcasting when threatened or distracted.
              ABILITY:FEAT|TYPE:NORMAL|CATEGORY:FEAT|KEY:Spell Focus|APPLIEDTO:Conjuration|TYPE:General.ArcaneBloodline.UndeadBloodline|DESC:Any spells you cast of your chosen school of magic are more difficult to resist.
              USERPOOL:FEAT|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Internal|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Special Ability|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              ABILITY:Ability Bonus|TYPE:NORMAL|CATEGORY:Special Ability|KEY:+2 Wisdom|TYPE:AbilityBonus
              USERPOOL:Ability Bonus|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              ABILITY:Favored Class|TYPE:NORMAL|CATEGORY:Special Ability|KEY:Druid|TYPE:FavoredClass
              USERPOOL:Favored Class|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              ABILITY:Favored Class Bonus|TYPE:NORMAL|CATEGORY:Special Ability|KEY:Bonus Skill Point|APPLIEDTO:Knowledge (Nature),Knowledge (Nature),Knowledge (Nature),Survival|TYPE:FavoredClassBonus
              ABILITY:Favored Class Bonus|TYPE:NORMAL|CATEGORY:Special Ability|KEY:Bonus Hit Point|APPLIEDTO:,,|TYPE:FavoredClassBonus
              USERPOOL:Favored Class Bonus|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Obsessive Bonus|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Adaptability Bonus Feat|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Traits|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Campaign Traits|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Archetype|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Class Archetype|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Dwarf Racial Trait|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Elf Racial Trait|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Gnome Racial Trait|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Half Elf Racial Trait|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Half Orc Racial Trait|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              USERPOOL:Halfling Racial Trait|POOLPOINTS:0.0
              ABILITY:Human Racial Trait|TYPE:NORMAL|CATEGORY:Special Ability|KEY:Bonus Feat ~ Human|TYPE:SpecialQuality.HumanRacialTrait.HumanRacialDefault.HumanBonusFeat|DESC:Humans select one extra feat at 1st level.
              ABILITY:Human Racial Trait|TYPE:NORMAL|CATEGORY:Special Ability|KEY:Skilled ~ Human|TYPE:SpecialQuality.HumanRacialTrait.HumanRacialDefault.HumanSkilled|DESC:Humans gain an additional skill rank at first level and one additional rank whenever they gain a level.
[...]
              ABILITY:Nature Bond|TYPE:NORMAL|CATEGORY:Special Ability|KEY:Nature's Bond ~ Animal Companion|TYPE:SpecialQuality.Extraordinary.NatureBond.AnimalCompanion
[...]

              WEAPONPROF:[WEAPON:Club|WEAPON:Dagger|WEAPON:Dart|WEAPON:Halberd|WEAPON:Quarterstaff|WEAPON:Scimitar|WEAPON:Scythe|WEAPON:Shieldbash (Heavy)|WEAPON:Shieldbash (Light)|WEAPON:Shortspear]
              WEAPONPROF:[WEAPON:Sickle|WEAPON:Sling|WEAPON:Spear|WEAPON:Spells (Ray)|WEAPON:Spells (Touch)|WEAPON:Unarmed Strike]

              # Character Equipment
              MONEY:1637.10
              EQUIPNAME:Outfit (Traveler's)|OUTPUTORDER:12|COST:0|WT:5.0|QUANTITY:1.0|CUSTOMIZATION:[BASEITEM:Outfit (Traveler's)|DATA:NAME=Outfit (Traveler's)$COSTMOD=-1]
              EQUIPNAME:Pouch (Belt)|OUTPUTORDER:13|COST:1|WT:0.5|QUANTITY:2.0
              EQUIPNAME:Bedroll|OUTPUTORDER:2|COST:0.1|WT:5.0|QUANTITY:1.0
              EQUIPNAME:Blanket (Winter)|OUTPUTORDER:3|COST:0.5|WT:3.0|QUANTITY:1.0
              EQUIPNAME:Flint and Steel|OUTPUTORDER:7|COST:1|WT:0.0|QUANTITY:1.0
              EQUIPNAME:Fishhook|OUTPUTORDER:6|COST:0.1|WT:0.0|QUANTITY:1.0
              EQUIPNAME:Sewing Needle|OUTPUTORDER:15|COST:0.5|WT:0.0|QUANTITY:1.0
              EQUIPNAME:Waterskin (Filled)|OUTPUTORDER:18|COST:1|WT:4.0|QUANTITY:1.0
              EQUIPNAME:Sickle|OUTPUTORDER:17|COST:6.0|WT:2.0|QUANTITY:1.0|CUSTOMIZATION:[BASEITEM:Sickle|DATA:NAME=Sickle$EQMOD=STEEL.TRIP]
              EQUIPNAME:Dagger|OUTPUTORDER:5|COST:2.0|WT:1.0|QUANTITY:2.0|CUSTOMIZATION:[BASEITEM:Dagger|DATA:NAME=Dagger$EQMOD=STEEL]
              EQUIPNAME:Shortspear|OUTPUTORDER:16|COST:1.0|WT:3.0|QUANTITY:2.0|CUSTOMIZATION:[BASEITEM:Shortspear|DATA:NAME=Shortspear$EQMOD=WOOD]
              EQUIPNAME:Handy Haversack|OUTPUTORDER:9|COST:2000|WT:5.0|QUANTITY:1.0
              EQUIPNAME:Cloak of Elvenkind|OUTPUTORDER:4|COST:2500|WT:1.0|QUANTITY:1.0
              EQUIPNAME:Amulet of Natural Armor +1|OUTPUTORDER:1|COST:2000|WT:0.02|QUANTITY:1.0
              EQUIPNAME:Mithral Shirt +1|OUTPUTORDER:10|COST:2100.0|WT:10.0|QUANTITY:1.0|CUSTOMIZATION:[BASEITEM:Mithral Shirt|DATA:NAME=Mithral Shirt +1$EQMOD=MITHRAL_ARMR_LT.PLUS1A$COSTMOD=0.0]
              EQUIPNAME:Rope (Silk/50 ft)|OUTPUTORDER:14|COST:10|WT:5.0|QUANTITY:1.0
              EQUIPNAME:Naginata Masterwork|OUTPUTORDER:11|COST:310.0|WT:12.0|QUANTITY:1.0|CUSTOMIZATION:[BASEITEM:Halberd|DATA:NAME=Naginata Masterwork$EQMOD=STEEL.BRACE.TRIP.MWORKW$SPROP=(Masterwork Halberd), (Masterwork Halberd)$COSTMOD=0.0]
              EQUIPSET:Default Set|ID:0.1|USETEMPMODS:Y
              EQUIPSET:Shoulders|ID:0.1.12|VALUE:Cloak of Elvenkind|QUANTITY:1.0|USETEMPMODS:Y
              EQUIPSET:Armor|ID:0.1.13|VALUE:Mithral Shirt +1|QUANTITY:1.0|USETEMPMODS:Y
              EQUIPSET:Equipped|ID:0.1.14|VALUE:Handy Haversack|QUANTITY:1.0|USETEMPMODS:Y
              EQUIPSET:Handy Haversack|ID:0.1.14.2|VALUE:Bedroll|QUANTITY:1.0|USETEMPMODS:Y
              EQUIPSET:Handy Haversack|ID:0.1.14.3|VALUE:Blanket (Winter)|QUANTITY:1.0|USETEMPMODS:Y
              EQUIPSET:Handy Haversack|ID:0.1.14.4|VALUE:Rope (Silk/50 ft)|QUANTITY:1.0|USETEMPMODS:Y
              EQUIPSET:Neck|ID:0.1.15|VALUE:Amulet of Natural Armor +1|QUANTITY:1.0|USETEMPMODS:Y
              EQUIPSET:Carried|ID:0.1.17|VALUE:Shortspear|QUANTITY:1.0|USETEMPMODS:Y
              EQUIPSET:Carried|ID:0.1.18|VALUE:Sickle|QUANTITY:1.0|USETEMPMODS:Y
              EQUIPSET:Carried|ID:0.1.20|VALUE:Shortspear|QUANTITY:1.0|USETEMPMODS:Y
              EQUIPSET:Carried|ID:0.1.21|VALUE:Dagger|QUANTITY:1.0|USETEMPMODS:Y
              EQUIPSET:Carried|ID:0.1.22|VALUE:Dagger|QUANTITY:1.0|USETEMPMODS:Y
              EQUIPSET:Both Hands|ID:0.1.23|VALUE:Naginata Masterwork|QUANTITY:1.0|USETEMPMODS:Y
              EQUIPSET:Equipped|ID:0.1.3|VALUE:Pouch (Belt)|QUANTITY:1.0|USETEMPMODS:Y
              EQUIPSET:Pouch (Belt)|ID:0.1.3.1|VALUE:Sewing Needle|QUANTITY:1.0|USETEMPMODS:Y
              EQUIPSET:Pouch (Belt)|ID:0.1.3.2|VALUE:Fishhook|QUANTITY:1.0|USETEMPMODS:Y
              EQUIPSET:Pouch (Belt)|ID:0.1.3.3|VALUE:Flint and Steel|QUANTITY:1.0|USETEMPMODS:Y
              EQUIPSET:Equipped|ID:0.1.4|VALUE:Pouch (Belt)|QUANTITY:1.0|USETEMPMODS:Y
              EQUIPSET:Torso|ID:0.1.5|VALUE:Outfit (Traveler's)|QUANTITY:1.0|USETEMPMODS:Y
              EQUIPSET:Equipped|ID:0.1.7|VALUE:Waterskin (Filled)|QUANTITY:1.0|USETEMPMODS:Y
              CALCEQUIPSET:0.1

              # Temporary Bonuses
              TEMPBONUS:SPELL=Bless|TBTARGET:PC|TBBONUS:COMBAT&pipe;TOHIT&pipe;1&pipe;TYPE=MORALE
              TEMPBONUS:SPELL=Aid|TBTARGET:PC|TBBONUS:COMBAT&pipe;TOHIT&pipe;1&pipe;TYPE=MORALE|TBBONUS:HP&pipe;CURRENTMAX&pipe;6&pipe;TYPE=ENHANCEMENT
              TEMPBONUS:SPELL=Owl's Wisdom|TBTARGET:PC|TBBONUS:STAT&pipe;WIS&pipe;4&pipe;TYPE=ENHANCEMENT|TBBONUS:STAT&pipe;WIS&pipe;4&pipe;TYPE=ENHANCEMENT
              TEMPBONUS:SPELL=Haste|TBTARGET:PC|TBBONUS:CHECKS&pipe;Reflex&pipe;1&pipe;TYPE=DODGE|TBBONUS:COMBAT&pipe;AC&pipe;1&pipe;TYPE=DODGE|TBBONUS:COMBAT&pipe;ATTACKS&pipe;1&pipe;TYPE=ENHANCEMENT|TBBONUS:COMBAT&pipe;TOHIT&pipe;1&pipe;TYPE=TEMPORARY|TBBONUS:POSTMOVEADD&pipe;TYPE.ALL&pipe;MIN(MOVEBASE,30)&pipe;TYPE=ENHANCEMENT
              TEMPBONUS:SPELL=Cat's Grace|TBTARGET:PC|TBBONUS:STAT&pipe;DEX&pipe;4&pipe;TYPE=ENHANCEMENT
              TEMPBONUS:SPELL=Barkskin|TBTARGET:PC|TBBONUS:COMBAT&pipe;AC&pipe;MIN(MAX(7/3+1,2),5)&pipe;TYPE=NATURALARMORENHANCEMENT
              TEMPBONUS:SPELL=Longstrider|TBTARGET:PC|TBBONUS:POSTMOVEADD&pipe;TYPE.WALK&pipe;10&pipe;TYPE=ENHANCEMENT

              # EquipSet Temp Bonuses

              # Character Deity/Domain
              DEITY:Gozreh|DEITYDOMAINS:[DOMAIN:Air|DOMAIN:Animal|DOMAIN:Plant|DOMAIN:Water|DOMAIN:Weather]|ALIGNALLOW:|DESC:God of nature, weather, the sea|HOLYITEM:|DEITYFAVWEAP:[WEAPON:Trident]|DEITYALIGN:TN

              # Character Spells Information
              SPELLBOOK:Prepared Spells|TYPE:2
              SPELLNAME:Barkskin|TIMES:1|CLASS:Druid|BOOK:Prepared Spells|SPELLLEVEL:2|SOURCE:[TYPE:CLASS|NAME:Druid]
              SPELLNAME:Bull's Strength|TIMES:1|CLASS:Druid|BOOK:Prepared Spells|SPELLLEVEL:2|SOURCE:[TYPE:CLASS|NAME:Druid]
              SPELLNAME:Cat's Grace|TIMES:1|CLASS:Druid|BOOK:Prepared Spells|SPELLLEVEL:2|SOURCE:[TYPE:CLASS|NAME:Druid]
              SPELLNAME:Cure Moderate Wounds|TIMES:1|CLASS:Druid|BOOK:Prepared Spells|SPELLLEVEL:3|SOURCE:[TYPE:CLASS|NAME:Druid]
              SPELLNAME:Detect Magic|TIMES:1|CLASS:Druid|BOOK:Prepared Spells|SPELLLEVEL:0|SOURCE:[TYPE:CLASS|NAME:Druid]
              SPELLNAME:Dispel Magic|TIMES:1|CLASS:Druid|BOOK:Prepared Spells|SPELLLEVEL:3|SOURCE:[TYPE:CLASS|NAME:Druid]
              SPELLNAME:Endure Elements|TIMES:1|CLASS:Druid|BOOK:Prepared Spells|SPELLLEVEL:1|SOURCE:[TYPE:CLASS|NAME:Druid]
              SPELLNAME:Entangle|TIMES:3|CLASS:Druid|BOOK:Prepared Spells|SPELLLEVEL:1|SOURCE:[TYPE:CLASS|NAME:Druid]
              SPELLNAME:Flame Strike|TIMES:1|CLASS:Druid|BOOK:Prepared Spells|SPELLLEVEL:4|SOURCE:[TYPE:CLASS|NAME:Druid]
              SPELLNAME:Hold Animal|TIMES:1|CLASS:Druid|BOOK:Prepared Spells|SPELLLEVEL:2|SOURCE:[TYPE:CLASS|NAME:Druid]
              SPELLNAME:Ice Storm|TIMES:1|CLASS:Druid|BOOK:Prepared Spells|SPELLLEVEL:4|SOURCE:[TYPE:CLASS|NAME:Druid]
              SPELLNAME:Light|TIMES:1|CLASS:Druid|BOOK:Prepared Spells|SPELLLEVEL:0|SOURCE:[TYPE:CLASS|NAME:Druid]
              SPELLNAME:Longstrider|TIMES:1|CLASS:Druid|BOOK:Prepared Spells|SPELLLEVEL:1|SOURCE:[TYPE:CLASS|NAME:Druid]
              SPELLNAME:Mending|TIMES:1|CLASS:Druid|BOOK:Prepared Spells|SPELLLEVEL:0|SOURCE:[TYPE:CLASS|NAME:Druid]
              SPELLNAME:Obscuring Mist|TIMES:1|CLASS:Druid|BOOK:Prepared Spells|SPELLLEVEL:1|SOURCE:[TYPE:CLASS|NAME:Druid]
              SPELLNAME:Restoration (Lesser)|TIMES:1|CLASS:Druid|BOOK:Prepared Spells|SPELLLEVEL:2|SOURCE:[TYPE:CLASS|NAME:Druid]
              SPELLNAME:Sleet Storm|TIMES:1|CLASS:Druid|BOOK:Prepared Spells|SPELLLEVEL:3|SOURCE:[TYPE:CLASS|NAME:Druid]
              SPELLNAME:Stabilize|TIMES:1|CLASS:Druid|BOOK:Prepared Spells|SPELLLEVEL:0|SOURCE:[TYPE:CLASS|NAME:Druid]

              # Character Description/Bio/History
              CHARACTERBIO:Currently November in the year of 515EK (EK is encanigo krienta)&cr;&nl;&cr;&nl;Zian Del'Orto&cr;&nl;&cr;&nl;Birth name Sylvana, but known to all as Zian. Friends with Ciara. Liberated Ming and Katia from passing circus as kittens. Family is well known as veterinarians and animal advocates. They hold an area of land on the edge of the river north of the keep and many of the area's herders use their expertise in breeding and animal health. &cr;&nl;&cr;&nl;Zian and Ming grew up among the domesticated herds surrounding the family property, but had plenty of opportunity to encounter the denizens of the forest and live by their rules.&cr;&nl;&cr;&nl;Herd makeup ��� no herd as such. A variable number of brood/stud animals may be owned before sale to a herder. Property has several animals in residence at any time ��� these are either recovering from illness/injury or breeding.&cr;&nl;&cr;&nl;Size of family - how many generations. Family is one of the 'originals' ��� settled the Mischiaro valley and established the village and developed it into the town it is now, 483years later.&cr;&nl;&cr;&nl;Any well-known family members&cr;&nl;&cr;&nl;Notable connections of family to town activities
              CHARACTERDESC:
              CHARACTERCOMP:
              CHARACTERASSET:
              CHARACTERMAGIC:
              CHARACTERDMNOTES:

              # Kits

              # Character Master/Follower
              FOLLOWER:Ming|TYPE:Animal Companion|RACE:COMPANION (CAT (SMALL (CHEETAH)))|HITDICE:0|FILE:/home/peterw/Dropbox/fng/characters/Ming 7th.pcg

              # Character Notes Tab
              NOTE:Character Sheet Notes|ID:1|PARENTID:-1|VALUE:
              NOTE:Hidden|ID:2|PARENTID:-1|VALUE:#Character Sheet Plugin Properties&cr;&nl;#Sat Jul 10 00:51:57 EST 2010&cr;&nl;cs.CombatPane1.woundsTb=&cr;&nl;cs.CombatPane1.subdualTb=&cr;&nl;

              # Age Set Selections
              AGESET:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0

              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 20, 2011
                Hi,

                I'm glad to hear the updated files fixed your issue.

                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 20, 2011
                  Pete,

                  Unless I *really* need a new pair of glasses, the animal companion is
                  correct with the files you sent to me. Now, I am at 5.17.5 so maybe it
                  was a bug that has been fixed, but I don't think so. The animal
                  companion levels to not equal the druid level. Zian = Druid 7 therefore
                  Ming = Animal Companion 6.

                  http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/classes/druid.html#animal-companions-animal-choices
                  (and page up a bit).

                  druid 1 = ac hd 2
                  druid 2 = ac hd 3
                  druid 3 = ac hd 3
                  druid 4 = ac hd 4
                  druid 5 = ac hd 5
                  druid 6 = ac hd 6
                  druid 7 = ac hd 6

                  On 3/20/2011 8:22 AM, UnclePete wrote:
                  > Hi David,
                  >
                  > Here's a pair of files that exhibit this problem.
                  >
                  > The really weird thing is that I've tried a level-up using these files
                  > and the level up works OK, except the companion (Ming) is still one
                  > level behind the master (Zian). I'm guessing that there was a glitch
                  > at some combination of PCGen and dataset level (the 5th level
                  > character mentioned earlier) that introduced the problem, and the
                  > current installation has fixed that problem.
                  >
                  > I've rebuilt the animal companion file and all is good now. Level
                  > progression works correctly. If you want to diagnose using these
                  > files, be my guest. However, I'm happy to just play the game...
                  >
                  > Thanks for your help.
                  >
                  > Pete
                  >
                  > On 03/20/2011 03:25 AM, papa_drb wrote:
                  >>
                  >> Hmmm... My reply to this did not show up.. Strange...
                  >>
                  >> Anyway, please send me the two .pcg files and I will take a look at them,
                  >>
                  >> -- david
                  >> Papa.DRB
                  >>
                  >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <mailto:pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>,
                  >> UnclePete <uncle@...> wrote:
                  >> >
                  >> > Hi David,
                  >> >
                  >> > Thanks for the reply.
                  >> >
                  >> > Step2 has been set to "level increase choice", and this worked fine
                  >> for
                  >> > 5 levels.
                  >> >
                  >> > I've tried the Step1 button - no effect.
                  >> >
                  >> > What I normally do when increasing level is this:
                  >> > - open druid character
                  >> > - open animal companion from inventory>resources>animal companion
                  >> > - on master character, use class>add xp to add xp to next level
                  >> > - get 'you can level up with that much experience' pop-up
                  >> > - go to Summary tab and add level
                  >> > - select skill, feats, spells, etc from appropriate tab
                  >> > - go to animal companion - no change. Click update from master button.
                  >> > no change

                • Martijn Verburg
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 7, 2011
                    Bump :)

                    On 19 March 2011 12:50, UnclePete <uncle@...> wrote:

> [...]
                    > > believe, no proof is possible. (Stuart Chase 1888-1985)
                    > >
                    > > On 3/19/2011 5:41 AM, UnclePete wrote:
                    > > > Evening, All.
                    > > >
                    > > > I'm having a small issue with PCGen in our game - the druids' animal
                    > > > companion stats don't auto level up when the host does.
                    > > >
                    > > > I'll use my character as an example - the other player's character has
                    > > > exactly the same problem. I have a druid with an animal companion -
                    > > > small cat (cheetah) - which I created at level 1 and systematically
                    > > > upgraded to level 5. At level 5, the cheetah was also level 5 and all
                    > > > was good. When I upgraded the character to L6, the cheetah did not
                    > > > upgrade, and has not moved since. The druid is now L8.
                    > > >
                    > > > Any ideas?
                    > > >
                    > > > PCGen 5.16.4 + OoC datasets update4. One player uses Windoze - I use
                    > > > Ubuntu. Sun java on both systems (JRE6). Same result on both systems.

                  • Martijn Verburg
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 5, 2011
                      Hi all,

                      Did this get resolved?

                      On 7 April 2011 18:44, Martijn Verburg <martijnverburg@...> wrote:

                      > Bump :)
                      >

                      > On 19 March 2011 12:50, UnclePete <uncle@...> wrote:
                      >

                      >> Hi David,
                      >>
                      >> Thanks for the reply.
                      >>
                      >> Step2 has been set to "level increase choice", and this worked fine for
                      >> 5 levels.
                      >>
                      >> I've tried the Step1 button - no effect.
                      >>
                      >> What I normally do when increasing level is this:
                      >> - open druid character
                      >> - open animal companion from inventory>resources>animal companion
                      >> - on master character, use class>add xp to add xp to next level
                      >> - get 'you can level up with that much experience' pop-up
                      >> - go to Summary tab and add level
                      >> - select skill, feats, spells, etc from appropriate tab
                      >> - go to animal companion - no change. Click update from master button.
                      >> no change
                      >>
                      >> Any ideas?
                      >>
                      >> Pete
                      >>
                      >> On 03/19/2011 11:41 PM, David R. Bender wrote:
                      >> >
                      >> > Load your druid and animal companion.
                      >> >
                      >> > Step 1: On the animal companion tab, under "inventory" -> "resources",
                      >> > you can click a button to "update from master".
                      >> >
                      >> > Step 2: On the animal companion tab, under "feats & abilities" -> "class
                      >> > abilities", you can update the companions "level increase choice".
                      >> >
                      >> > Remember you have one of two choices at the increase level, either +2 to
                      >> > abilities (str, dex?, -con?) or the listed abilities and PCGen doesn't
                      >> > know which one you want to take.
                      >> >
                      >> > -- david
                      >> > Papa.DRB
                      >> >
                      >> > My better half and me (jpg)
                      >> > <http://mysite.verizon.net/vze16ni4g/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>
                      >> > Love Me If You Can by Toby Keith (video)
                      >> > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qu7jGYzS_A>
                      >> >
                      >> > Madness takes its toll - please have exact change.
                      >> > Rule of thumb for software: The first 80% of the development takes 80%
                      >> > of the planned time. The last 20% takes the other 80%.
                      >> > For those who believe, no proof is necessary, for those who don't
                      >> > believe, no proof is possible. (Stuart Chase 1888-1985)

                      >> > http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/index.html
                      >> > http://pcgen.akozakis.id.au/autobuilds/download.html

                    • Eric C Smith
                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 5, 2011
                        Hi Folks!

                        Not yet but Jira issues have been raised.

                        http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-33

                        http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-194

                        Maredudd