Re: [pcgen] PF Versatile Performance Not Working As Expected

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 8, 2011
      Hi,

      In answer to the question - I don't know off the top of my head. I'd have to look at it. I'm
      assuming this is a Core Class Ability of the Bard, and as such it should have been coded to work,
      unless the coder found it wasn't possible.

      I'll have to dig or hope Stefan is monitoring the list and can reply.

      Cheers,

      On 3/8/2011 10:22 AM, Allen Cohn wrote:
      > Hi folks,
      >
      > I'm helping a friend create a Pathfinder bard (5.16.4, PF data update 4). At
      > 2nd level all bards get versatile performance. This class feature allows
      > them to select one type of performance skill and then substitute its bonus
      > for certain other skills (each performance type is associated with different
      > skill).
      >
      > When we select this class skill it shows up as a special quality on the
      > output sheet, but does not affect the associated skills on the skill table
      > (such as by taking the maximum value of the associated skill bonus and the
      > performance bonus).
      >
      > Was this on purpose? My friend would like it to affect the skill table.
      >
      > Many thanks for your attention to this.
      >
      > Allen

      > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

    • Stefan Radermacher
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 8, 2011
        I think it's not trivially possible to implement this, as not only the
        ranks but everything from class skill status, possible Skill Focus
        bonus, etc. would have to transfer over. And the rule is not that you
        completely replace a skill's bonus with the appropriate Perform skill
        bonus, it just gives you the ability to use your Perform bonus instead.

        I agree that it would be nice to be able to see that on the character sheet.

        Hm... maybe the skills could be implemented as conditional skills, such
        as "Acrobatics (Perform (Dance))". Let me play around with that idea a bit.

        Regards,
        Stefan.

        On 08.03.2011 21:02, Andrew wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > In answer to the question - I don't know off the top of my head. I'd have to look at it. I'm
        > assuming this is a Core Class Ability of the Bard, and as such it should have been coded to work,
        > unless the coder found it wasn't possible.
        >
        > I'll have to dig or hope Stefan is monitoring the list and can reply.
        >
        > Cheers,
        >

        > On 3/8/2011 10:22 AM, Allen Cohn wrote:
        >> Hi folks,
        >>
        >> I'm helping a friend create a Pathfinder bard (5.16.4, PF data update 4). At
        >> 2nd level all bards get versatile performance. This class feature allows
        >> them to select one type of performance skill and then substitute its bonus
        >> for certain other skills (each performance type is associated with different
        >> skill).
        >>
        >> When we select this class skill it shows up as a special quality on the
        >> output sheet, but does not affect the associated skills on the skill table
        >> (such as by taking the maximum value of the associated skill bonus and the
        >> performance bonus).
        >>
        >> Was this on purpose? My friend would like it to affect the skill table.
        >>
        >> Many thanks for your attention to this.
        >>
        >> Allen

        >> Related Lists
        >> PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/