Re: [pcgen] Re: [bug] Pathfinder Bard Bonus Spell Not Working Correctly

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 8, 2011

      I can adjust the code, but it looks like it should work. What indication are you getting that it's
      not working?

      And to aid me, send your pcg file (Character) direct so I can test it myself. Thanks.

      On 3/8/2011 7:16 AM, Allen Cohn wrote:
      > Yes, I'm using update 4.
      >
      > Many thanks for your attention to this.
      >
      > Allen

      > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

    • Allen Cohn
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 9, 2011
        Good morning,

        It was my friend's character, which I don't have. I just built up a generic
        bard from scratch and was able to reproduce the error. So I have no pcg file
        to send you.

        The indicator that it only works once is that the first time I applied the
        class feature it invoked a pop up window asking me which level spell I
        wanted to choose as the bonus spell. That did not happen any subsequent time
        I applied the feature (which one can do once at every leveling up).

        Many thanks,
        Allen
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 9, 2011

          Okay, it's caused by using the template choose instead of an ability choose. I'll have to convert it
          to an ability chooser. It'll be awhile before I can tackle it though.

          Can you please open a JIRA Data Bug for me.

          Thanks,

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 9, 2011
            Done!

            Thanks.

            Allen

            > Okay, it's caused by using the template choose instead of an ability choose. I'll have to convert it
            > to an ability chooser. It'll be awhile before I can tackle it though.
            >
            > Can you please open a JIRA Data Bug for me.
            >
            > Thanks,

          • Allen Cohn
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 10, 2011
              Hi, Andrew,

              I see you've coded the fix already. Thanks!

              How do I get this for my 5.16.4?

              Or do I need to upgrade to 5.17.6?

              (And if I upgrade to 5.17.6 will my homebrew data that works in 5.16.4 migrate automatically or do I need to do some sort of conversion step?)

              Or will this only appear in 5.17.7 when it comes out?

              Or will this appear in a Pathfinder data update 5 at some point?

              Or do I just grab one data file off of the system (the "trunk"?) and replace a data file in my current set?

              Thanks,
              Allen
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 10, 2011

                On 3/10/2011 9:39 AM, Allen Cohn wrote:
                > Hi, Andrew,
                >
                > I see you've coded the fix already. Thanks!

                You're welcome.

                > How do I get this for my 5.16.4?

                Grab the fixed file from the SVN, wait for the #5 Release and Install it, or grab 5.17.7 when it
                comes out.

                > Or do I need to upgrade to 5.17.6?

                5.17.6 doesn't have the fix.

                > (And if I upgrade to 5.17.6 will my homebrew data that works in 5.16.4 migrate automatically or do I need to do some sort of conversion step?)

                Depends on your set up.

                > Or will this only appear in 5.17.7 when it comes out?

                It will appear in 5.17.7 when it comes out.

                > Or will this appear in a Pathfinder data update 5 at some point?

                Yes, this too.

                > Or do I just grab one data file off of the system (the "trunk"?) and replace a data file in my current set?

                It's three files actually.

                *MODIFY*
                /Trunk/pcgen/data/alpha/paizo/pathfinder_rpg/advanced_players_guide/pfapg_abilities_racial.lst
                <http://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pcgen/Trunk/pcgen/data/alpha/paizo/pathfinder_rpg/advanced_players_guide/pfapg_abilities_racial.lst?pathrev=14706&view=diff&r1=14706&r2=14705&diff_format=h>

                *MODIFY*
                /Trunk/pcgen/data/alpha/paizo/pathfinder_rpg/advanced_players_guide/pfapg_abilitycategories.lst
                <http://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pcgen/Trunk/pcgen/data/alpha/paizo/pathfinder_rpg/advanced_players_guide/pfapg_abilitycategories.lst?pathrev=14706&view=diff&r1=14706&r2=14705&diff_format=h>

                *MODIFY* /Trunk/pcgen/data/alpha/paizo/pathfinder_rpg/advanced_players_guide/pfapg_templates.lst
                <http://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pcgen/Trunk/pcgen/data/alpha/paizo/pathfinder_rpg/advanced_players_guide/pfapg_templates.lst?pathrev=14706&view=diff&r1=14706&r2=14705&diff_format=h>

                You can grab those three individually here:
                http://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pcgen/Trunk/pcgen/data/alpha/paizo/pathfinder_rpg/advanced_players_guide/?diff_format=h&pathrev=14706

                or you can just replace the entire folder with:
                http://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pcgen/Trunk/pcgen/data/alpha/paizo/pathfinder_rpg/advanced_players_guide/?view=tar&pathrev=14706

                Cheers,
                > Thanks,
                > Allen

                > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

              • Eric C Smith
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 10, 2011
                  Hi Folks!

                  Allen Cohn wrote:

                  > Hi, Andrew,
                  >
                  > I see you've coded the fix already. Thanks!
                  >
                  > How do I get this for my 5.16.4?

                  I'll take a loo at how many updates have been made to the Core/Bestiary/APG sets. If we've had a good number since the last update then I'll process Update 5. then you'll be able to d/l and install that update.