XML error when exporting to PDF

  • danskmacabre@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2011
      Hi I have PCGEN 5164.
      Using the Pathfinder dataset (whatever came with 5164)
      I have found that the export to pdf crashes on an invalid symbol in th xml file.
      After some testing I found it was the world traveller trait that caused the problem. I assume it inserts an invalid character somewhere there.
      If I remove the world traveller trait, it exports fine.

      Just a heads up :)
    • papa_drb
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2011
        http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-242

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2011

          I'm not finding World Traveller, which data sets did you say you were using?

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 2, 2011

            never mind, traveler was miss-spelled in my search. I'm guessing it's all fixed in the Release 4
            version, cause nothing in my editor says is illegal characters.

            Please grab the latest version, and let me know if you still have the issue.

            World Traveler KEY:World Traveler ~ Trait CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:Trait.RaceTrait
            PREMULT:1,[PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,World Traveler ~
            Trait],[!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,TYPE.RaceTrait]
            PRERACE:1,Human%,RACESUBTYPE=Human DESC:Your family has taken the love of travel to an extreme,
            roaming the world extensively. You've seen dozens of cultures and have learned to appreciate the
            diversity of what the world has to offer.
            STACK:NO MULT:YES CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|SKILLSNAMED|Knowledge (Local)|Diplomacy|Sense
            Motive BONUS:SKILL|LIST|1|TYPE=Trait
            CSKILL:LIST SOURCEPAGE:p.332

            On 3/2/2011 6:25 PM, Andrew wrote:
            > Hi,
            >
            > I'm not finding World Traveller, which data sets did you say you were using?
            >
            > On 3/2/2011 12:47 PM, danskmacabre@... wrote:
            >> Hi I have PCGEN 5164.
            >> Using the Pathfinder dataset (whatever came with 5164)
            >> I have found that the export to pdf crashes on an invalid symbol in th xml file.
            >> After some testing I found it was the world traveller trait that caused the problem. I assume it inserts an invalid character somewhere there.
            >> If I remove the world traveller trait, it exports fine.
            >>
            >> Just a heads up :)
            >>

            >> ------------------------------------
            >>
            >> Related Lists
            >> PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

            >> Yahoo! Groups Links

          • papa_drb
            Message 5 of 5 , May 10, 2011
              danskmacabre,

              This appears to have been fixed. Please download the latest Pathfinder data sets (OOC release #5) and confirm,

              thanks,

              -- david
              Papa.DRB