Resolved: Unable to access SourceForge svn (was Re: [pcgen] [Pathfinder]Draconic Bloodline feat)

  • Ainvar G
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2011
      After some more back-and-forth with James, I located the issue and wanted to
      share it so someone else can avoid the same irritation.

      Background: I use a password generator (and related database) for my passwords
      for SourceForge. As a result, I knew I was not fat-fingering the password
      because I was literally copying it directly from the application that created it
      (and stored it) and pasting it directly into the authentication prompt.

      However, I had changed my settings in the password generator since the last time
      I'd created my SF password, allowing special characters. Apparently, there are
      special characters that SourceForge will allow to authenticate into the website
      and your profile (because I could do those things with the password) that the
      svn system will not accept (because I could not access that with the password).

      Ultimately, I changed the password a second time - special characters disallowed
      - and everything worked as expected. In the end, the only thing that changed
      between "it still won't work" and "wunderbar!" was the second password change.

      I would have tried that much, much sooner if my access to SF had failed, but
      that signaled to me that the password was fine, so I spent the weekend barking
      up one wrong tree after another. Hope this saves someone some time later on.

      AinvarG