Re: [pcgen] facing of large Rhino

    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 5, 2011
      Hi,

      Hm, no SIZE change? I'll look at it.

      Medium Facing is 5
      Large Facing is 5x10 if long, like a horse OR 10x10.

      The Reach is 5 for Long Large, and 10 for the standard Large.

      Cheers,

      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 5, 2011
        Hi,

        Okay, the face is something I don't know how to fix. We set it in the race, but it's not adjusted by
        BONUS:SIZEMOD.

        I tested the Rhino, it works fine.

        I created an 8th level druid. I added the Rhino companion. Switched tabs, set the Bonus Stat due to
        the RHino, added the Rhino Advancement, as opposed to just take the Stat alternative. Ignored the 9
        Bonus Skill Tricks.

        Size was Large.

        On 2/5/2011 11:05 AM, Andrew Maitland wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > Hm, no SIZE change? I'll look at it.
        >
        > Medium Facing is 5
        > Large Facing is 5x10 if long, like a horse OR 10x10.
        >
        > The Reach is 5 for Long Large, and 10 for the standard Large.
        >
        > Cheers,
        >

        > On 2/5/2011 10:38 AM, Sheng Long Gradilla wrote:
        >> Ok, I think I see the problem now... I created a PF Druid, made it level 7,
        >> and the Rhino is still Medium. Raised to level 8 and updated the animal
        >> companion, still Medium... Took the druid to level 20, the rhino is still
        >> medium...
        >>

        >> On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Sheng Long Gradilla<
        >> sheng.long.gradilla@...> wrote:
        >>
        >>> "facing"? Where can we look at that stat? Do you mean reach? If so, reach
        >>> for Large quadrupeds is 5 ft, not 10!

        >>> --
        >>> - Sheng Long Gradilla
        >>> -=={UDIC}==-

      • Rick Pikul
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 5, 2011
          On Saturday 05 February 2011 14:05, Andrew Maitland wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > Hm, no SIZE change? I'll look at it.
          >
          > Medium Facing is 5
          > Large Facing is 5x10 if long, like a horse OR 10x10.

          Um, PF uses the 3.5 space rule of "always square". Large creatures are
          10'X10', be they tall or long.

          --
          Chakat Firepaw - Inventor & Scientist (Mad)
        • David R. Bender
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 5, 2011
            Table 8–4: Creature Size and Scale, PFCR - Page 195
            Creature Size Space* Natural Reach*
            Fine 1/2 ft. 0
            Diminutive 1 ft. 0
            Tiny 2-1/2 ft. 0
            Small, Medium 5 ft. 5 ft.
            Large (tall) 10 ft. 10 ft.
            Large (long) 10 ft. 5 ft.
            Huge (tall) 15 ft. 15 ft.
            Huge (long) 15 ft. 10 ft.
            Gargantuan (tall) 20 ft. 20 ft.
            Gargantuan (long) 20 ft. 15 ft.
            Colossal (tall) 30 ft. 30 ft.
            Colossal (long) 30 ft. 20 ft.
            * Typical for creatures of the indicated size. Some exceptions exist.

            -- david
            Papa.DRB

            My better half and me
            Love Me If You Can by Toby Keith

            Rule of thumb for software: The first 80% of the development takes 80%
            of the planned time. The last 20% takes the other 80%.

            On 2/5/2011 8:53 PM, Rick Pikul wrote:
            > On Saturday 05 February 2011 14:05, Andrew Maitland wrote:
            >> Hi,
            >>
            >> Hm, no SIZE change? I'll look at it.
            >>
            >> Medium Facing is 5
            >> Large Facing is 5x10 if long, like a horse OR 10x10.
            > Um, PF uses the 3.5 space rule of "always square". Large creatures are
            > 10'X10', be they tall or long.

          • Rick Pikul
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 7, 2011
              On Saturday 05 February 2011 22:05, David R. Bender wrote:
              > Table 8–4: Creature Size and Scale, PFCR - Page 195
              > Creature Size Space* Natural Reach*
              > Fine 1/2 ft. 0
              > Diminutive 1 ft. 0
              > Tiny 2-1/2 ft. 0
              > Small, Medium 5 ft. 5 ft.
              > Large (tall) 10 ft. 10 ft.
              > Large (long) 10 ft. 5 ft.

              Yes, both tall and long have a space of 10'. That's what I said.

              Large (long) creatures, like all long creatures, have a reduced reach when
              compared to tall creatures.

              --
              Chakat Firepaw - Inventor & Scientist (Mad)
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 7, 2011
                Hi,

                No, he's giving the chart that said what I stated.

                Large (tall) 10 ft. 10 ft.
                10x10
                Large (long) 10 ft. 5 ft.
                10x5

                Means the face is 5 feet wide by 10 feet long.

                Regardless of that, we don't have any obvious way to adjust the FACE or SPACE. I'll open a JIRA for it.

                On 2/7/2011 9:23 AM, Rick Pikul wrote:
                > On Saturday 05 February 2011 22:05, David R. Bender wrote:
                >> Table 8�4: Creature Size and Scale, PFCR - Page 195
                >> Creature Size Space* Natural Reach*
                >> Fine 1/2 ft. 0
                >> Diminutive 1 ft. 0
                >> Tiny 2-1/2 ft. 0
                >> Small, Medium 5 ft. 5 ft.
                >> Large (tall) 10 ft. 10 ft.
                >> Large (long) 10 ft. 5 ft.
                > Yes, both tall and long have a space of 10'. That's what I said.
                >
                > Large (long) creatures, like all long creatures, have a reduced reach when
                > compared to tall creatures.

              • Stefan Radermacher
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 7, 2011
                  Andrew, you are mistaken, check the original chart again. In 35e and
                  Pathfinder, *all* spaces are square.

                  Stefan.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 7, 2011
                    Hi,

                    I stand corrected. But doesn't negate the fact we can't adjust it.