Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [pcgen] pathfinder - animal companion partial implementation

Expand Messages
  • Saxum Caribetum
    ... Aha! a randomly created new Druid has *All* of the above, but a randomly created new Ranger lacks all the one I listed and only has the Animal Companions
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2011
    • 0 Attachment
      On 05/02/2011 14:50, Saxum Caribetum wrote:
      > Using Pcgen 5.16.4 + apg update 0.3
      > "PFRPG for game masters"
      >
      > I was changing a ranger's animal companion from hawk to rhino - and hit
      > a problem: not all of the creatures (followers and mounts) with the name
      > "Companion (x)" are available under the list of actual Companions.
      > This affects
      >

      Aha!

      a randomly created new Druid has *All* of the above,
      but a randomly created new Ranger lacks all the one I listed and only
      has the Animal Companions listed in the PFRPG

      Sounds like the problem is a simple one of letting Rangers have access
      to all the companions a druid might have (at -3 level).


      --
      Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
      ArM Code 1.5 5++ Ca++ R++p H++ ?L Y(96) T(5)- SG+++ G++++ P++ HoH(Ma++ Q+ Hg+) Fz(E)++ C++ :-) Cd++
      Saga site at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/saxum.caribetum/
      Sub Rosa Ars Magica zine - http://www.subrosamagazine.org/
    • David R. Bender
      That would be a house-rule. James Jacobs mentioned that on the Paizo boards somewhere in answer to that exact issue. At the time I was thinking about just that
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 5, 2011
      • 0 Attachment
        That would be a house-rule. James Jacobs mentioned that on the Paizo
        boards somewhere in answer to that exact issue. At the time I was
        thinking about just that for an upcoming campaign and did the research.
        Sorry, don't have a link.

        -- david
        Papa.DRB

        My better half and me
        <http://mysite.verizon.net/vze16ni4g/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>
        Love Me If You Can by Toby Keith
        <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qu7jGYzS_A>

        Madness takes its toll - please have exact change.
        Rule of thumb for software: The first 80% of the development takes 80%
        of the planned time. The last 20% takes the other 80%.

        On 2/5/2011 10:06 AM, Saxum Caribetum wrote:
        > On 05/02/2011 14:50, Saxum Caribetum wrote:
        >> Using Pcgen 5.16.4 + apg update 0.3
        >> "PFRPG for game masters"
        >>
        >> I was changing a ranger's animal companion from hawk to rhino - and hit
        >> a problem: not all of the creatures (followers and mounts) with the name
        >> "Companion (x)" are available under the list of actual Companions.
        >> This affects
        >>
        > Aha!
        >
        > a randomly created new Druid has *All* of the above,
        > but a randomly created new Ranger lacks all the one I listed and only
        > has the Animal Companions listed in the PFRPG
        >
        > Sounds like the problem is a simple one of letting Rangers have access
        > to all the companions a druid might have (at -3 level).
        >
        >
      • Andrew Maitland
        Hi, Rangers don t have the same selection of companions, I was the one that coded them up. In order to add new companions to the Ranger, you need to modify the
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 5, 2011
        • 0 Attachment
          Hi,

          Rangers don't have the same selection of companions, I was the one that coded them up.

          In order to add new companions to the Ranger, you need to modify the ability that grants the Animal
          Companions.


          On 2/5/2011 7:10 AM, David R. Bender wrote:
          > That would be a house-rule. James Jacobs mentioned that on the Paizo
          > boards somewhere in answer to that exact issue. At the time I was
          > thinking about just that for an upcoming campaign and did the research.
          > Sorry, don't have a link.
          >
          > -- david
          > Papa.DRB
          >
          > My better half and me
          > <http://mysite.verizon.net/vze16ni4g/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>
          > Love Me If You Can by Toby Keith
          > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qu7jGYzS_A>
          >
          > Madness takes its toll - please have exact change.
          > Rule of thumb for software: The first 80% of the development takes 80%
          > of the planned time. The last 20% takes the other 80%.
          >
          > On 2/5/2011 10:06 AM, Saxum Caribetum wrote:
          >> On 05/02/2011 14:50, Saxum Caribetum wrote:
          >>> Using Pcgen 5.16.4 + apg update 0.3
          >>> "PFRPG for game masters"
          >>>
          >>> I was changing a ranger's animal companion from hawk to rhino - and hit
          >>> a problem: not all of the creatures (followers and mounts) with the name
          >>> "Companion (x)" are available under the list of actual Companions.
          >>> This affects
          >>>
          >> Aha!
          >>
          >> a randomly created new Druid has *All* of the above,
          >> but a randomly created new Ranger lacks all the one I listed and only
          >> has the Animal Companions listed in the PFRPG
          >>
          >> Sounds like the problem is a simple one of letting Rangers have access
          >> to all the companions a druid might have (at -3 level).
          >>
          >>
          >
          > ------------------------------------
          >
          > Related Lists
          > PCGen's release site: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net
          > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/
          > PCGen's Roadmap: http://wiki.pcgen.org/index.php?title=Roadmap
          > PCGen's alpha build: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php
          > PCGen's Online Docs: http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/index.html
          > PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs: http://pcgen.akozakis.id.au/autobuilds/download.html
          >
          > PCGen List File Help: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PCGenListFileHelp/
          > (for assistance in creating new homebrew or official list files)
          >
          > PCGen Experimental: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen_experimental/
          > (for new official data source development)
          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >
          >
          >
          >

          --
          Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          Admin Silverback - PCGen Board of Directors
          Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
          Unique Title "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
          Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"


          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.