Re: [pcgen] Re: Cavalier Question, Eidolon Observation, General Question

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2011
      The HP may be manually adjusted despite whatever rule is in force. You can change whatever the Rule
      in force is, from your own percentage, to average, to Max. The Max HD at 1st level is another
      option, since most people use PCGen to create PCs, it makes sense that be the Default. However, a
      Feature Request to allow NPCs or Companions not use that, well that would be fine.

      Lots of people make requests, the big difference in what is coded up and used, well that depends on
      many things:
      Priority - is it going to affect a large group?
      Usability - Will it see use?
      Scope of Cycle - A major thing otherwise the versions would never get done
      Was the Proposal -
      * Coherent
      * Logical
      * Give rationale on how it would work with existing code and if it was backwards compatible.
      etc.
      Another major factor is time - Can the user supply the patch to make it easier to implement or will
      it require an actual coder to implement?

      The fact of the matter is this little tidbit. PCGen residing on your PC [Personal Computer] is
      essentially yours to do with as you please. Make whatever data sets, or whatever you like for your
      personal use or groups' needs. Open Source is cool like that. There are restrictions on that of
      course, but I'm not going to delve into that.

      This group is set up to answer such questions as - is this a bug?, can we add this to the program?,
      what can I do to help?, etc.

      We even have another group set up to help users learn and master LST code where novices and masters
      gather together to help out. Want a book that doesn't exist in the program? Need the Bracers of
      Awesome Coolness by tonight? Need a Class your GM wants you to play now? That's the group to seek
      assistance from. And If I don't answer, somebody will most certainly try. I'll be honest, PF stuff,
      I haven't memorized the rule books, the only reason I know the Animal Companion stuff, is cause I'm
      the one that worked on it to make that work properly. [Having to create entirely new creatures to be
      companions, not always fun, but the only way to make it all work].

      Anyways, welcome to the community. Learn and teach. We're all gamers around here and most
      importantly we're here to "Have a good game!" [Okay, that might not be true, but I do, so there :P]

      Cheers,