Re: [pcgen] [Pathfinder]Draconic Bloodline feat

  • Ainvar G
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 1, 2011
      So the "solution" is to reset the password which is being changed due to
      security concerns and then change it back to what it was when it was a potential
      security concern?

      I'm no expert, either, but I'm involved enough with security to be uncomfortable
      with that course of action. Besides, I replaced the old SF password thinking it
      was no longer valid -- as should be the case.

      SO... I guess what you are really saying is that the problem is not with my new
      password, it's with TurtleSVN not trying to use it to authenticate because it
      thinks it's the wrong password. Guess I'll have to fight with that app some
      more...

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 1, 2011

        Tortoise should prompt you for a password when you try to commit (when
        SF rejects the old credentials). You then enter your password and check
        the save password box and it should be fine.

        I agree, reusing the potentially compromised credentials is a bad idea.

        PS: Also see http://svn.haxx.se/tsvnusers/archive-2006-08/0210.shtml

        Cheers,
        James.

        On 1/02/2011 7:13 PM Ainvar G wrote
        > So the "solution" is to reset the password which is being changed due to
        > security concerns and then change it back to what it was when it was a potential
        > security concern?
        >
        > I'm no expert, either, but I'm involved enough with security to be uncomfortable
        > with that course of action. Besides, I replaced the old SF password thinking it
        > was no longer valid -- as should be the case.
        >
        > SO... I guess what you are really saying is that the problem is not with my new
        > password, it's with TurtleSVN not trying to use it to authenticate because it
        > thinks it's the wrong password. Guess I'll have to fight with that app some
        > more...
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Ainvar G
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 1, 2011
          Thanks for that, James.

          Problem is, I never saved my original credentials in TortoiseSVN (don't know why
          I keep calling it TurtleSVN), so clearing them didn't have any effect. I had
          actually located that and tried it before you replied.

          I'm going to reboot to make sure everything's really cleared out of memory.

          ________________________________
          Tortoise should prompt you for a password when you try to commit (when
          SF rejects the old credentials). You then enter your password and check
          the save password box and it should be fine.

          I agree, reusing the potentially compromised credentials is a bad idea.

          PS: Also see http://svn.haxx.se/tsvnusers/archive-2006-08/0210.shtml

          Cheers,
          James.

          On 1/02/2011 7:13 PM Ainvar G wrote
          > So the "solution" is to reset the password which is being changed due to
          > security concerns and then change it back to what it was when it was a
          >potential
          > security concern?
          >
          > I'm no expert, either, but I'm involved enough with security to be
          >uncomfortable
          > with that course of action. Besides, I replaced the old SF password thinking
          >it
          > was no longer valid -- as should be the case.
          >
          > SO... I guess what you are really saying is that the problem is not with my
          new
          > password, it's with TurtleSVN not trying to use it to authenticate because it
          > thinks it's the wrong password. Guess I'll have to fight with that app some
          > more...
          >

          > ________________________________

        • James Dempsey
          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 1, 2011
            Hi Ainvar,

            You can also check the SVN cache in

            Application Data\Subversion\auth\ under your user directory.

            Cheers,
            James.

            On 1/02/2011 8:00 PM Ainvar G wrote

            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 1, 2011
              I confirmed that those directories were all empty last night after a little
              documentation surfing.

              I am still unable to commit my change this morning after the reboot. I thought
              maybe there was some synchronization on SF's side that I wasn't allowing time
              for, but I'm pretty sure that's not the case by now.

              I'll contact them to see if they have any ideas.