Problem Uploaded

  • James K
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 21, 2011
      I uploaded my character sheet that is not showing the CMD and CMB bonuses. The file name is Cynefrid.pcg
      I am running 5.6.14 Pathfinder with the players guide, advanced players guide, Council of thieves Players Guide and the Cheliax guide.
    • David R. Bender
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 21, 2011
        Which output sheet are you using?

        -- david
        Papa.DRB

        My better half and me
        Love Me If You Can by Toby Keith

        Rule of thumb for software: The first 80% of the development takes 80%
        of the planned time. The last 20% takes the other 80%.

        On 1/21/2011 9:09 PM, James K wrote:
        > I uploaded my character sheet that is not showing the CMD and CMB bonuses. The file name is Cynefrid.pcg
        > I am running 5.6.14 Pathfinder with the players guide, advanced players guide, Council of thieves Players Guide and the Cheliax guide.
      • Chuck
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 22, 2011
          I'm not seeing any problem with the internal preview OS, or the PDF OS. Not all OS show CMB. If you are using one of those, then its doing exactly what it was designed to do.

          So without some more information, I'm afraid I can't help you.

          Chuck
          OS Chimp

          > Which output sheet are you using?
          >
          > -- david
          > Papa.DRB
          >
          > My better half and me
          > <http://mysite.verizon.net/vze16ni4g/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>
          > Love Me If You Can by Toby Keith

          > Rule of thumb for software: The first 80% of the development takes 80%
          > of the planned time. The last 20% takes the other 80%.
          >
          > On 1/21/2011 9:09 PM, James K wrote:
          > > I uploaded my character sheet that is not showing the CMD and CMB bonuses. The file name is Cynefrid.pcg
          > > I am running 5.6.14 Pathfinder with the players guide, advanced players guide, Council of thieves Players Guide and the Cheliax guide.

        • James Kent
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 22, 2011
            I am using the default sheet And I am finding a lot of problems with the sheet according to the math
            If there are other sheets where do I find them.

          • Chuck
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 24, 2011
              Ok, let's take this a step at a time. Are you using File|Print, File|Print Preview, File|Export, or the Character Sheet tab? If you are using File|Print or File|Export, the first thing that comes up is a selection box. Which item are you selecting? If you are using the Character Sheet tab, what does the control box on the upper right show? If you are using File|Print Preview, then go into Settings|Preferences. On the PCGen|Output tab, what are the first two selections set to? Those are "Default HTML Output Sheet" and "Default PDF Output Sheet".

              Once I know that information, I should be able to help you. The above information should also give you a few ideas as to how to change to a different output sheet as well.

              Thanks,

              Chuck
              OS Chimp

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 25, 2011
                I am using the character sheet Tab and the only radio button there is the default set.

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 25, 2011

                  On 1/25/2011 9:15 AM, James Kent wrote:
                  > I am using the character sheet Tab and the only radio button there is the default set.

                  The Character Sheet Tab is so you may view your character in the UI. The Radio buttons have nothing
                  to do with printing, those are actually set up when you have Temporary Modifiers - You can turn them
                  on and off with a nice check box.

                  Again, the Character Sheet Tab is used for dynamic character use at say the table top while gaming.
                  It's completely separate from anything regarding Printing Direct or Exporting to PDF, HTM or TXT.

                  FIle > Export Choose PDF, that will give you a list of characters open in PCGen, default selection
                  is the Character you have active; the default character sheet is whatever you happen to have set in
                  the preferences, but you can change it. I'd recommend the Standard Character Sheet Light Grey, less
                  ink intensive but some gray outlines, for those with minimal ink usage, I'd recommend the White (IIRC).
                  What is the difference between SIMPLE and STANDARD - Weapon Box Output. Simple will have a
                  simplified Weapon Box - Whatever is the standard use of a weapon (One Hand or Two Hand) and the
                  Damage. No extra TWF stuff.

                  For the HTM, that is if you want to view the character sheet in your browser, again table side (It's
                  got some interactive fields you can edit during game play).

                  Print Direct is a beast I don't use, so I'll defer to those who use it. I normally export to PDF,
                  review it to make sure it's complete, and then use the PDF Print Function to print out nice
                  double-sided character Sheets for my players.

                  I'm on IRC and IM if you want to discuss or walk through some items. Otherwise I think Chuck was
                  solving your issue initially.

                  > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

                • Chuck
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 25, 2011
                    Ok, so you are using the Character Sheet tab. Above the radio button is the list box titled "Character Sheet". To the right of the label is the current selection of exactly which character sheet you have. The default (I think, I'm not 100% sure) is "preview.html". That certainly does have the CMB and CMD on it. Not all of the others have CMD, most only have a simple CMB.

                    If you want to use the Statblocks, I think that only "statblock4.htm" and "statblock5.htm" show CMB and CMD.

                    If that doesn't help, please let me know.

                    Chuck
                    OS Chimp

                    > On 1/25/2011 9:15 AM, James Kent wrote:
                    > > I am using the character sheet Tab and the only radio button there is the default set.
                    >
                    > The Character Sheet Tab is so you may view your character in the UI. The Radio buttons have nothing
                    > to do with printing, those are actually set up when you have Temporary Modifiers - You can turn them
                    > on and off with a nice check box.
                    >
                    > Again, the Character Sheet Tab is used for dynamic character use at say the table top while gaming.
                    > It's completely separate from anything regarding Printing Direct or Exporting to PDF, HTM or TXT.
                    >
                    > FIle > Export Choose PDF, that will give you a list of characters open in PCGen, default selection
                    > is the Character you have active; the default character sheet is whatever you happen to have set in
                    > the preferences, but you can change it. I'd recommend the Standard Character Sheet Light Grey, less
                    > ink intensive but some gray outlines, for those with minimal ink usage, I'd recommend the White (IIRC).
                    > What is the difference between SIMPLE and STANDARD - Weapon Box Output. Simple will have a
                    > simplified Weapon Box - Whatever is the standard use of a weapon (One Hand or Two Hand) and the
                    > Damage. No extra TWF stuff.
                    >
                    > For the HTM, that is if you want to view the character sheet in your browser, again table side (It's
                    > got some interactive fields you can edit during game play).
                    >
                    > Print Direct is a beast I don't use, so I'll defer to those who use it. I normally export to PDF,
                    > review it to make sure it's complete, and then use the PDF Print Function to print out nice
                    > double-sided character Sheets for my players.
                    >
                    > I'm on IRC and IM if you want to discuss or walk through some items. Otherwise I think Chuck was
                    > solving your issue initially.
                    >
                    > Cheers,

                    > > Related Lists

                    > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                    > >

                    > --
                    > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                    > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
                    > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

                  • Paul
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 25, 2011
                      The default radio button is actually for different equipment sets so you can have one for dungeon, in city etc.