Spellbook Output in bbcode format

  • Terry Milnes
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 12, 2011
      Anyone have a homemade output sheet that does the same as the html
      spellbook output sheet? I would like to provide my players the spells
      in a NPC's spellbook and don't want to copy one by one.
    • FerretDave
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 13, 2011
        Greetings,

        If you want it to do the same as the html spellbook output sheet, why not use that very same sheet? What difference do you actually need?

        I take it you've created an NPC character, setup their spells, and then just output it to share the spell pages section of the printout... ?

        Cheers

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 13, 2011
          However, bbcode is similar but different to html. I accomplished what I
          needed, but it would be nice to be able to export the spellbook into bbcode
          for posting on sites like Obsidian Portal or EpicWords.

        • Chuck
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 13, 2011
            If you have converted an Output Sheet (OS) to BBCode, why not share it? If you want to send it to me, I'd be happy to include it in the available OSs.

            BTW, for at least the simpler OSs it should be just a search and replace to change most of the HTML to BBCode. Tables would be the biggest problem, and we use a lot of tables in the HTML OSs.

            Chuck
            OS Chimp

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 13, 2011
              I didn't make a output sheet. I just used the spellbook output sheet for
              HTML and used notepad++ to manually replace <b> with [b] and so forth. Yes,
              the tables were a killer as there is no equivalent in bbcode.