Pathfinder Advanced Players Guide OOC Data Set Update 2 Released!

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 6, 2011
      The PCGen Team is proud to announce the release and immediate availability of the latest update to the Pathfinder Advanced Players Guide OOC Data Set!

      Download your copy today:

      https://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/files/PCGen%20Stable%20Datasets/5.16.4%20OOC%20Data%20Sets/

      This release is the second in a series of updates aimed at bringing the most current fixes for the Pathfinder APG data set to v5.16.4. Besides delivering the latest APG data set, this file patches the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook. For more information about this release, including OOC installation instructions, please check out the full release notes here:

      http://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pcgen/Trunk/content/outofcycledatasets/release-notes/pcgen-pathfinder-apg-dataset-update-release-notes-5164.html?revision=14332

      This release is an "alpha" release and therefore will contain errors. The PCGen Team is dedicated to providing full support for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game so we ask you, the PCGen Community, to help us by putting this data set through its paces and reporting any bugs you find to the PCGen Team by posting them here on PCGen@Yahoo!. Please include [PATHFINDER] in the subject line for your report.

      PCGen is an RPG character generator and maintenance program (d20 systems). All datafiles are ASCII text files so they can be modified by users for their own campaigns. For more information about PCGen, join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/ or visit our website at http://pcgen.sourceforge.net <http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/> and wiki at http://wiki.pcgen.org/.

      This dataset uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC, which are used under Paizo's Community Use Policy. We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This dataset is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Publishing. For more information about Paizo's Community Use Policy, please visit http://paizo.com/communityuse. For more information about Paizo Publishing and Paizo products, please visit http://paizo.com

      PCGen Team

    • Ainvar G
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 8, 2011
        Eric, when I looked at the release notes, the link that appears to be for the
        actual OOC set actual references the release notes, so it just takes you back to
        the page you are looking at. Or a copy in your local cache.

        Is that intentional?

        Thanks for your work in getting the updates available for folks.

        AinvarG

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 8, 2011
          Hmmm, let me go look at it, and fix it! :-)

        • Eric C Smith
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 8, 2011
            I have fixed the link. The Release Notes are here . . .

            http://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pcgen/Trunk/content/outofcycledatasets/release-notes/pcgen-pathfinder-apg-dataset-update-release-notes-5164.html?revision=14343

          • distant_scholar
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 12, 2011
              I haven't seen anyone else mention this, so it very well may be that I am Doing Something Wrong, but after installing this data set, I get a bunch of duplicate definition warnings when I load both the Core Rulebook and the Bestiary. [Nothing else is loaded; just the Core Rulebook and the Bestiary.]

              The duplicates seem to be pertaining to Crocodiles, Dragons, and Bite ~ Claw templates. There also seems to be an unconstructed reference to Hold Breath.

              Is anyone else getting these messages? Or is it just me?

              > The PCGen Team is proud to announce the release and immediate availability of the latest update to the Pathfinder Advanced Players Guide OOC Data Set!
              >
              > Download your copy today:
              >
              > https://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/files/PCGen%20Stable%20Datasets/5.16.4%20OOC%20Data%20Sets/
              >
              > This release is the second in a series of updates aimed at bringing the most current fixes for the Pathfinder APG data set to v5.16.4. Besides delivering the latest APG data set, this file patches the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook. For more information about this release, including OOC installation instructions, please check out the full release notes here:
              >
              > http://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pcgen/Trunk/content/outofcycledatasets/release-notes/pcgen-pathfinder-apg-dataset-update-release-notes-5164.html?revision=14332
              >
              > This release is an "alpha" release and therefore will contain errors. The PCGen Team is dedicated to providing full support for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game so we ask you, the PCGen Community, to help us by putting this data set through its paces and reporting any bugs you find to the PCGen Team by posting them here on PCGen@Yahoo!. Please include [PATHFINDER] in the subject line for your report.
              >
              > PCGen is an RPG character generator and maintenance program (d20 systems). All datafiles are ASCII text files so they can be modified by users for their own campaigns. For more information about PCGen, join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/ or visit our website at http://pcgen.sourceforge.net <http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/> and wiki at http://wiki.pcgen.org/.
              >
              > This dataset uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC, which are used under Paizo's Community Use Policy. We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This dataset is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Publishing. For more information about Paizo's Community Use Policy, please visit http://paizo.com/communityuse. For more information about Paizo Publishing and Paizo products, please visit http://paizo.com
              >
              > PCGen Team

            • Abigail Michell
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 12, 2011
                I get the following messages when I load stuff:

                LSTERROR SOURCEWEB may not have empty argument
                LSTERROR Illegal Token 'SOURCEWEB' '' for pcgen.cdom.inst.ObjectCache null
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: EquipmentModifier REACH
                SEVERE More than one Spell with key/name Invisibility (Greater/Self Only)
                was built
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Air Mastery ~ Air
                Elemental
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Attach ~ Stirge
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Blood Drain ~ Stirge
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Boiling Rain ~ Steam
                Mephit
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Breath Weapon ~ Air
                Mephit
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Breath Weapon ~ Dust
                Mephit
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Breath Weapon ~
                Earth Mephit
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Breath Weapon ~ Fire
                Mephit
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Breath Weapon ~ Ice
                Mephit
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Breath Weapon ~
                Magma Mephit
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Breath Weapon ~ Ooze
                Mephit
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Breath Weapon ~ Salt
                Mephit
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Breath Weapon ~
                Steam Mephit
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Breath Weapon ~
                Water Mephit
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Change Shape ~ Imp
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Change Shape ~
                Quasit
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Change Size ~ Earth
                Mephit
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Dehydrate ~ Salt
                Mephit
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Diseased ~ Stirge
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Docile ~ Horse
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Drench ~ Water
                Elemental
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Earth Glide ~ Earth
                Elemental
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Earth Mastery ~
                Earth Elemental
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Fast Healing ~ Air
                Mephit
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Fast Healing ~ Dust
                Mephit
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Fast Healing ~ Earth
                Mephit
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Fast Healing ~ Fire
                Mephit
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Fast Healing ~ Ice
                Mephit
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Fast Healing ~ Magma
                Mephit
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Fast Healing ~ Ooze
                Mephit
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Fast Healing ~ Salt
                Mephit
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Fast Healing ~ Steam
                Mephit
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Fast Healing ~ Water
                Mephit
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Magma Form ~ Magma
                Mephit
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Poison ~ Homunculus
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Poison ~ Imp
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Poison ~
                Pseudodragon
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Poison ~ Quasit
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Poison ~ Venomous
                Snake
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Sprint ~ Cheetah
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Summon ~ Mephit (Air
                Mephit)
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Summon ~ Mephit
                (Dust Mephit)
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Summon ~ Mephit
                (Earth Mephit)
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Summon ~ Mephit
                (Fire Mephit)
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Summon ~ Mephit (Ice
                Mephit)
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Summon ~ Mephit
                (Magma Mephit)
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Summon ~ Mephit
                (Ooze Mephit)
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Summon ~ Mephit
                (Salt Mephit)
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Summon ~ Mephit
                (Steam Mephit)
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Summon ~ Mephit
                (Water Mephit)
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Telepathic Link ~
                Homunculus
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Vortex ~ Water
                Elemental
                SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Water Mastery ~
                Water Elemental
                All Done

                Hope that helps.

                Abby.

                On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 12:42 AM, distant_scholar
                <adventure@...>wrote:

                > I haven't seen anyone else mention this, so it very well may be that I am
                > Doing Something Wrong, but after installing this data set, I get a bunch of
                > duplicate definition warnings when I load both the Core Rulebook and the
                > Bestiary. [Nothing else is loaded; just the Core Rulebook and the Bestiary.]
                >
                > The duplicates seem to be pertaining to Crocodiles, Dragons, and Bite ~
                > Claw templates. There also seems to be an unconstructed reference to Hold
                > Breath.
                >
                > Is anyone else getting these messages? Or is it just me?
                >

                > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>, Eric C Smith
                > <maredudd@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > The PCGen Team is proud to announce the release and immediate
                > availability of the latest update to the Pathfinder Advanced Players Guide
                > OOC Data Set!
                > >
                > > Download your copy today:
                > >

                > https://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/files/PCGen%20Stable%20Datasets/5.16.4%20OOC%20Data%20Sets/
                > >
                > > This release is the second in a series of updates aimed at bringing the
                > most current fixes for the Pathfinder APG data set to v5.16.4. Besides
                > delivering the latest APG data set, this file patches the Pathfinder
                > Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook. For more information about this release,
                > including OOC installation instructions, please check out the full release
                > notes here:
                > >

                > http://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pcgen/Trunk/content/outofcycledatasets/release-notes/pcgen-pathfinder-apg-dataset-update-release-notes-5164.html?revision=14332
                > >
                > > This release is an "alpha" release and therefore will contain errors. The
                > PCGen Team is dedicated to providing full support for the Pathfinder
                > Roleplaying Game so we ask you, the PCGen Community, to help us by putting
                > this data set through its paces and reporting any bugs you find to the PCGen
                > Team by posting them here on PCGen@Yahoo!. Please include [PATHFINDER] in
                > the subject line for your report.
                > >
                > > PCGen is an RPG character generator and maintenance program (d20
                > systems). All datafiles are ASCII text files so they can be modified by
                > users for their own campaigns. For more information about PCGen, join us at
                > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/ or visit our website at
                > http://pcgen.sourceforge.net <http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/> and wiki at
                > http://wiki.pcgen.org/.
                > >
                > > This dataset uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing,
                > LLC, which are used under Paizo's Community Use Policy. We are expressly
                > prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This dataset is
                > not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Publishing. For
                > more information about Paizo's Community Use Policy, please visit
                > http://paizo.com/communityuse. For more information about Paizo Publishing
                > and Paizo products, please visit http://paizo.com
                > >
                > > PCGen Team

              • distant_scholar
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 13, 2011
                  I remember getting messages like that when I had installed the Data Set Update 2, but not the Data Set Update 1. [Data Set Update 1 by itself had a smaller list of messages; I don't have that list handy.]

                  I have a text file with the messages I get, but I don't want to post large e-mails to the mailing list. I can go ahead and do that, if someone wants to see it.

                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Abigail Michell <funky.abigail@...> wrote:

                  > I get the following messages when I load stuff:

                  [removed for brevity]
                • walkingivy
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 13, 2011
                    I installed update 1 followed by update 2 and I get the same messages that distant_scholar described. They all appear to be duplicates of data in files in pathfinder_rpg/core_rulebook/bestiary_core/ versus files in pathfinder_rpg/bestiary/. It's as if I got a partial update somewhere, part of one version, part of another.

                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "distant_scholar" <adventure@...> wrote:

                    > I remember getting messages like that when I had installed the Data Set Update 2, but not the Data Set Update 1. [Data Set Update 1 by itself had a smaller list of messages; I don't have that list handy.]
                    >
                    > I have a text file with the messages I get, but I don't want to post large e-mails to the mailing list. I can go ahead and do that, if someone wants to see it.
                    >
                    > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Abigail Michell <funky.abigail@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I get the following messages when I load stuff:
                    >
                    > [removed for brevity]

                  • walkingivy
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 13, 2011
                      I installed a new copy of 5.16.4 in another location (on my Mac running OS 10.5.8), without any of my custom data. Pathfinder Core Rulebook and Bestiary loaded fine without any errors.

                      I then installed update 1. The two sets load with three warnings (followed by some other warnings about the same three objects):

                      SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Death Roll ~ Crocodile
                      SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Hold Breath ~ Crocodile
                      SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Sprint ~ Crocodile

                      All three are complaining of duplicates between pathfinder_rpg/core_rulebook/bestiary_core/pfb_abilities_monsters_general.lst and pathfinder_rpg/bestiary/pfb_abilities_monsters_abc.lst

                      Installing update 2 results in duplicate object name warnings for these objects: Bite ~ Claw (Colossal), Bite ~ Claw (Diminutive), Bite ~ Claw (Fine), Bite ~ Claw (Gargantuan), Bite ~ Claw (Huge), Bite ~ Claw (Large), Bite ~ Claw (Medium), Bite ~ Claw (Small), Bite ~ Claw (Tiny), Crush ~ Dragon, Dragon (Colossal), Dragon (Gargantuan), Dragon (Huge), Dragon (Large), Dragon (Medium), Dragon (Small), Dragon (Tiny), Dragon Age Category (Adult), Dragon Age Category (Ancient), Dragon Age Category (Great Wyrm), Dragon Age Category (Juvenile), Dragon Age Category (Mature Adult), Dragon Age Category (Old), Dragon Age Category (Very Old), Dragon Age Category (Very Young), Dragon Age Category (Wyrm), Dragon Age Category (Wyrmling), Dragon Age Category (Young Adult), Dragon Age Category (Young), Sorcerer Cleric Spells, Tail Sweep ~ Dragon

                      Conflicts are listed between these pairs of files:
                      (core_rulebook/bestiary_core/) (bestiary/)
                      pfb_abilities_monsters_general.lst pfb_abilities_monsters_dragons.lst
                      pfb_templates_dragons.lst pfb_templates_dragons.lst
                      pfb_templates.lst pfb_templates.lst

                      It's quite repeatable.

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 13, 2011
                        Hi Folks!

                        Updatie 2 doesn't require Update 1.

                        Maredudd

                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 13, 2011
                          Hi Folks!

                          On Jan 13, 2011, at 7:24 PM, Eric C Smith wrote:

                          > Hi Folks!
                          >
                          > Updatie 2 doesn't require Update 1.

                          I take it back. There were changes to the Bestiary included in update 1 that were not included in update 2 so both updates are required.

                          Check your preferences to make sure the Preferences/PCGen/Sources/Allow newer sourses . . . is enabled. That will supress all of the Duplicate
                          object errors.

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 13, 2011
                            Hi Folks!

                            Ok, I know what the problem is and will fix it in the next update.

                            In a nutshell, changes were made in the Bestiary that should have been included in the second update. When update 3 comes out it will include all changes to date in the Core/Bestiary/APG sets.

                            Maredudd

                            On Jan 13, 2011, at 10:04 PM, Eric C Smith wrote:

                            > Hi Folks!
                            >
                            > On Jan 13, 2011, at 7:24 PM, Eric C Smith wrote:
                            >
                            > > Hi Folks!
                            > >
                            > > Updatie 2 doesn't require Update 1.
                            >
                            > I take it back. There were changes to the Bestiary included in update 1 that were not included in update 2 so both updates are required.
                            >
                            > Check your preferences to make sure the Preferences/PCGen/Sources/Allow newer sourses . . . is enabled. That will supress all of the Duplicate
                            > object errors.

                            > > Maredudd
                            > >
                            > > On Jan 13, 2011, at 6:47 PM, walkingivy wrote:
                            > >
                            > >> I installed a new copy of 5.16.4 in another location (on my Mac running OS 10.5.8), without any of my custom data. Pathfinder Core Rulebook and Bestiary loaded fine without any errors.
                            > >>
                            > >> I then installed update 1. The two sets load with three warnings (followed by some other warnings about the same three objects):
                            > >>
                            > >> SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Death Roll ~ Crocodile
                            > >> SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Hold Breath ~ Crocodile
                            > >> SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Sprint ~ Crocodile
                            > >>
                            > >> All three are complaining of duplicates between pathfinder_rpg/core_rulebook/bestiary_core/pfb_abilities_monsters_general.lst and pathfinder_rpg/bestiary/pfb_abilities_monsters_abc.lst
                            > >>
                            > >> Installing update 2 results in duplicate object name warnings for these objects: Bite ~ Claw (Colossal), Bite ~ Claw (Diminutive), Bite ~ Claw (Fine), Bite ~ Claw (Gargantuan), Bite ~ Claw (Huge), Bite ~ Claw (Large), Bite ~ Claw (Medium), Bite ~ Claw (Small), Bite ~ Claw (Tiny), Crush ~ Dragon, Dragon (Colossal), Dragon (Gargantuan), Dragon (Huge), Dragon (Large), Dragon (Medium), Dragon (Small), Dragon (Tiny), Dragon Age Category (Adult), Dragon Age Category (Ancient), Dragon Age Category (Great Wyrm), Dragon Age Category (Juvenile), Dragon Age Category (Mature Adult), Dragon Age Category (Old), Dragon Age Category (Very Old), Dragon Age Category (Very Young), Dragon Age Category (Wyrm), Dragon Age Category (Wyrmling), Dragon Age Category (Young Adult), Dragon Age Category (Young), Sorcerer Cleric Spells, Tail Sweep ~ Dragon
                            > >>
                            > >> Conflicts are listed between these pairs of files:
                            > >> (core_rulebook/bestiary_core/) (bestiary/)
                            > >> pfb_abilities_monsters_general.lst pfb_abilities_monsters_dragons.lst
                            > >> pfb_templates_dragons.lst pfb_templates_dragons.lst
                            > >> pfb_templates.lst pfb_templates.lst
                            > >>
                            > >> It's quite repeatable.

                            > > Related Lists

                            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                          • Chuck
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jan 14, 2011
                              Just remember, some of us install update 1. Then a few weeks later when it comes out, update 2. So update 2 should either require update 1, or be ready to overwrite as needed update 1. Same for update 3, just have include update 2 overwrites as well.

                              Thanks!

                              Chuck

                              > Hi Folks!
                              >
                              > Ok, I know what the problem is and will fix it in the next update.
                              >
                              > In a nutshell, changes were made in the Bestiary that should have been included in the second update. When update 3 comes out it will include all changes to date in the Core/Bestiary/APG sets.
                              >
                              > Maredudd
                              >
                              > On Jan 13, 2011, at 10:04 PM, Eric C Smith wrote:
                              >
                              > > Hi Folks!
                              > >
                              > > On Jan 13, 2011, at 7:24 PM, Eric C Smith wrote:
                              > >
                              > > > Hi Folks!
                              > > >
                              > > > Updatie 2 doesn't require Update 1.
                              > >
                              > > I take it back. There were changes to the Bestiary included in update 1 that were not included in update 2 so both updates are required.
                              > >
                              > > Check your preferences to make sure the Preferences/PCGen/Sources/Allow newer sourses . . . is enabled. That will supress all of the Duplicate
                              > > object errors.

                              > > > Maredudd

                              > > > Related Lists
                              > > > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/
                              > > > PCGen's Roadmap: http://wiki.pcgen.org/index.php?title=Roadmap
                              > > > PCGen's Online Docs: http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/index.html
                              > > > PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs: http://pcgen.akozakis.id.au/autobuilds/download.html

                              > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                            • Eric C Smith
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jan 14, 2011
                                Hi Chuck!

                                When Update 3 comes out it will overwrite all files in PFCR, Bestiary and APG and will add any new files. The one thing it won't do is remove a file.

                                Maredudd