Re: A Few Summoner Questions/Observations

  • gjorbjond
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 4, 2011
      I just made a few corrections this morning, so please download them and try it again.

      There's a code problem with natural attacks assigned by abilities. The warnings are bogus. Once it's loaded everything should be fine. It also give bogus errors for Sorcerers of the Draconic or Abyssal bloodlines since those grant claws.

      Evolutions that weren't showing up on the list should be there now.

      There are a couple of other issues I'm still looking at. The free evolutions aren't always getting auto-assigned if there's a prereq involved. That's why the reach evolution doesn't select yet.
    • santeeschroder
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 4, 2011
        Yay, I can reply now. :)

        I downloaded and updated my data. Thank you for the really fast response on that! Everything is listed as far as I know, and while I do still get the 'weapon' errors on load I know from your comments that it doesn't affect anything.

        I am curious, and this is outside of the programming/software part, but I noticed the range in the program says 0 ft on the various attacks. Would that mean the next square, and once I add reach I can attack through an adjacent square into the one beyond?

        Speaking of reach, I know you mentioned that it has issues with auto-adding pre-req skills. I wonder if it would work better if it isn't auto-added since it's not too hard to add manually, if that would allow it to go back to being attached to a particular attack. Also if that were to also add the range to the attack listed, it'd be nice. However, I can also print it out and manually tweak it. I'm just mentioning a wishlist thing now.

        Again, thank you so much for your updating and tweaking and fixing, it is much appreciated.

        James

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 5, 2011
          I think I've figured out most of the issues I was having with the eidolons. The only outstanding issue I know about is the bogus error messages for the natural attacks.

          Let me know if you come across anything else.
        • santeeschroder
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 5, 2011
            Well, I am sure it's getting annoying, me focusing on one thing, but it's really the only problem I can see, and that is, again, reach.

            I'm trying to make this completely newbie/blonde proof, and so I'll mention this part... I made a new summoner/eidolon (serpentine) to test it out. The reach was indeed added for bite, but it wasn't listed in the list of 'available' Eidolon Serpentine Evolutions, so if someone were to (for some random reason) remove the reach from bite, it would be removed from the list of current Evolutions (becoming 4/5) but not be listed on the available, so it could not be added back to that section. Not a major thing, but thought it would be worth mentioning. It would result in the need to revert to saved to get it back there, or else using that evolution spot if you wanted to have a second tail and take the reach in the regular evolutions.

            Second, prior to this I was able to add reach to multiple evolutions, now it seems I am limited to one (and that one being Bite because of the free evolution). I re-read the description and realized that it did not include the line 'This evolution can be selected more than once.', so I am now wondering if it is indeed only a single use evolution. If so, then just to clean up the Evolution description in PCGen, might want to edit:

            Type: EvolutionChoice. SpecialQuality. Extraordinary   Can be taken more than once

            Also, this is again just to be picky and try to help make this as accurate/clean as possible, in both the inventory and the character sheet, the range of the weapon bite (or whatever reach is on) is still 0. It is mentioned in the Evolutions that the 'Reach increased 5 ft. with one of your 1 Bite', so it is on there, it's just not applied to the 'weapon' Bite. I'm not sure if this is somehow related to those odd errors at the beginning, but the 'bite' and 'tail slap' (and whatever other evolutions I have) are still listed in the weapons/inventory, so they are at least there.

            Since I'm still level 1, I haven't really tried moving up the level ladder and adding the higher evolutions. As I explore more I will keep you updated if anything else needs tweaking.

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 5, 2011
              Fixed the Serpentine Reach thing.

              I've messed around with Reach and I think what I've got is about as good as it's going to get. Reach can't be taken multiple times and only applies to a single attack. It doesn't even apply to a single type of attack. If you have 6 claws, you only have reach with one of them. I guess you have one big beefy arm or something.

              As far as I can tell, the bonus tag for reach only works when applied to all attacks.
            • santeeschroder
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 5, 2011
                Thanks. It all seems good, and I appreciate the clarification on how Reach worked. If I have any other concerns I will not hesitate to post.