Skill Point bug?

  • swiftbrook8
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2011
      I've been working on learning my lst coding and came across this anomaly or bug.

      PCGEN 5.16.4 (clean install on 2nd computer)
      Pathfinder game mode
      Core and APG loaded

      Created an Elf Barbarian
      Stats base 10 before racial changes
      added Barbarian class
      Clicked on Skills .... 5 available
      went back and increased Int to 16 (from 12)
      Clicked on Skills .... no change, still only 5 available.

      Is there anyway to force PCGEN to recalculate skill points? Shortcut key?

      I noticed this as I was coding an Elf Ranger Substitution Level as a template. Created stats, chose Ranger, added Elf Ranger sub 1st level Template and no bonus to skill points.

      BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|NUMBER|2 .... is how how I coded it. I'm on a different computer where I just did a clean install of PCGen to verify the potential bug.

      I had added the ranger 1 level, applied the Elf Ranger Template and no change to the skill points. If I then removed the base ranger level, but not the template, and re-chose the ranger level, Skill points were 8 (6 plus the bonus 2 from the template).

      Also very weird. From my barbarian test build, if I remove the barbarian level, the Int stat increase to 16, disappears! Note: if I do this in the proper order, Int to 16 then add barbarian, then subtract barbarian. Int stays at 16.

      -Swiftbrook
    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2011
        Hi Folks!

        I believe that PCGen calculates skill points when a level is added and changes to the INT bonus after a level increase do not change that levels skill points. To getr PCGen to do what you want you will have to remove the Barbarian level and then re-add it after increasing the intelligence.

        Maredudd