Re: No Tower Shild Penalty

  • Picho
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 21, 2010
      I'm thinking its because its not "employed" in combat all the time, thus it doesn't calculate it in. Course what other effect of attacking is there other than combat?

      Is it calculating the AC bonus the TS gives?

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 21, 2010

        I'll see if the penalty is in place. I fixed that for 35e, but PF I wasn't sure about at the time,
        and I didn't code the equipment.

        On 12/21/2010 8:52 AM, Picho wrote:
        > I'm thinking its because its not "employed" in combat all the time, thus it doesn't calculate it in. Course what other effect of attacking is there other than combat?
        >
        > Is it calculating the AC bonus the TS gives?
        >

        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "swiftbrook8"<swiftbrook@...> wrote:
        >> Exactly,
        >>
        >> Search these boards and you will find the discussion (which I don't want to rediscuss), or the Wizards site. basically:
        >>
        >> Proficient in Tower Shield = -2 To Hit
        >> Not Proficient in Tower Shield = -12 To Hit (-10 not prof -2 for shield itself)
        >>
        >> The -2 is not being calculated it.
        >> I changed to a Paladin, dropped the weapon focus. My +5 To Hit dropped to -5 To Hit.
        >>
        >> Either I have something else in wrong, or it's a bug.
        >>
        >> -Swiftbrook
        >>
        >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Radermacher<radermacher@> wrote:

        >>> That's not correct. It eliminates the penalty one get when using a tower
        >>> shield unproficiently. Still, check out the text on the tower shield in
        >>> the equipment section: "When employing a tower shield in combat, you
        >>> take a --2 penalty on attack rolls because of the shield's encumbrance."
        >>>
        >>> http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/equipment.html
        >>>
        >>> Stefan.

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      • swiftbrook8
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 21, 2010
          which file is the Tower Shield penalty data suppose to be in? I can just add it myself until the next update.

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 21, 2010

            equipment file of course :)