Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

PCGen Board of Director Meeting (Non-Quorum) for December 20th, 2010 (6pm PST)

Expand Messages
  • Andrew Maitland
    [18:00] I ve got 6pm PST, let s begin [18:00] *Bangs Gavel* Welcome to the PCGen BoD Meeting, I ve got 6pm PST (12/20/2010).
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2010
    • 0 Attachment
      [18:00] <@[Chair]Andrew> I've got 6pm PST, let's begin
      [18:00] <@[Chair]Andrew> *Bangs Gavel* Welcome to the PCGen BoD Meeting, I've got 6pm PST (12/20/2010).
      [18:01] <@[Chair]Andrew> Our Agenda today is:
      [18:01] <@[Chair]Andrew> 1.) Team reports
      [18:01] <@[Chair]Andrew> 2.) 5.17.5 (Alpha) release status
      [18:01] <@[Chair]Andrew> 3.) Public thanks for Eric's work as PR SB
      [18:01] <@[Chair]Andrew> 4.) Welcome to Paul G as new PR SB
      [18:01] <@[Chair]Andrew> 5.) Possible discussion of prioritization of JIRAs if not resolved on BoD
      mailing list
      [18:01] <@[Chair]Andrew> 6.) Depending on timing and how Paul G has settled in - maybe some
      discussion on changing data policy and friends of PCGen scheme
      [18:01] <@[Chair]Andrew> 7.) Discussion of team break over the holidays. - The volunteers deserve it!
      [18:01] <@[Chair]Andrew> I'll note we only have three Silverbacks in Attendance.
      [18:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> James, since you're short on time, let's get your reports out of the way first.
      [18:02] <jamesd[Code_SB]> ok, will do
      [18:02] <jamesd[Code_SB]> 31 bugs created, 19 resolved this fortnight. Most of the bug activity is
      from testing outside the distributed sets
      [18:03] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Not much activity on the sub projects apart from CDOM, where Tom continues
      to forge ahead.
      [18:03] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Code is ready for the 5.17.5 release pending any final bug reports
      [18:03] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Any questions?
      [18:03] <@[Chair]Andrew> None here - I'll note Data isn't ready for the release yet...
      [18:04] <@[Chair]Andrew> Due to major error catching reports, we have a bunch more caught issues
      that we'd like to clean up. ;)
      [18:04] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Fair enough
      [18:04] <@[Chair]Andrew> I'll try and get the data Core Sets cleaned up tonight. No promises
      though... limited time tonight. :(
      [18:05] <@[Chair]Andrew> I'll do Admin Reports next, pretty simple today -
      [18:06] <@[Chair]Andrew> Web - Not too much activity on this front. Pending some assessments from
      Anestis for the Forum. JIRA did get some overhaul for Newsource, which is Still in Process. But the
      improvements are in place. James handled some improvements for NewTag .
      [18:07] <@[Chair]Andrew> Tracker - I've been assisting in closing/porting code bugs across with
      Tom's prompting. We still have quite a feq SF trackers waiting for assessment.
      [18:08] <@[Chair]Andrew> Release - Next Trunk release 5.17.5 is due as soon as Data gets the core
      sets cleaned up. Awesome work on the improved error catching. Want to avoid multiple user reports
      for easily fixed items.
      [18:08] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Yes and in a quick look, each of the old SF bugs will have to be rechecked
      before being ported
      [18:08] <@[Chair]Andrew> Exactly, we've been confirming (Well I've been confirming them) before
      porting them over.
      [18:09] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Many thanks for that
      [18:09] <@[Chair]Andrew> Yeah pushing 560+ Code Trackers, trying to keep them legit.
      [18:10] <@[Chair]Andrew> Any questions on The Admin stuff before I tackle some of the Content report?
      [18:10] <[PR]Nylanfs> Not from I
      [18:10] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Nope I'm good
      [18:11] <@[Chair]Andrew> Okay forging ahead - Content
      [18:12] <@[Chair]Andrew> Data - Eric plans on doing another PF OOC to match the 5.17.5 release. Been
      several improvements to justify a nice release. Not too much else major on the Data Side other than
      Fixing up everything new caught with the updated Error reporting. Also, EVERY Gamemode got updated,
      we had a typo in all the Size Files.
      [18:13] <@[Chair]Andrew> Data - Docs (I'll leave that end to Eric)
      [18:13] <@[Chair]Andrew> Content - OS Chuck has been working on FREQs but I think the OS stuff has
      been low in the last two weeks.
      [18:13] <@[Chair]Andrew> Eric - You have anything for the Docs?
      [18:14] * @[Chair]Andrew pokes Eric
      [18:15] <@[Chair]Andrew> Okay, well, moving on looks like you're up Paul for PR.
      [18:17] <[PR]Nylanfs> Nothing currently active, I haven't had a chance to sit down with Eric and have a
      [18:17] <[PR]Nylanfs> workload discussion since taking over the PR SB
      [18:18] <@[Chair]Andrew> Fair enough
      [18:18] <[PR]Nylanfs> The latest publisher info that I know of is Rite publishing.
      [18:18] <[PR]Nylanfs> And we just put their 101 1st level spells into the trunk
      [18:19] <[PR]Nylanfs> One thing that we will need to talk about fairly soon is GenCon 2011
      [18:19] <@[Chair]Andrew> Awesome
      [18:20] <[PR]Nylanfs> If we have a booth we will need some volunteer's to man it so I can run after
      publishers if needs be. :)
      [18:20] <jsa> greetings
      [18:21] <@[Chair]Andrew> Okay, Paul, I'll trust you to organize the effort as usual. I'm sure Eric
      can coordinate the prior efforts over the years.
      [18:22] <@[Chair]Andrew> JSA - Hi, you'll need to wait till we get to open forum if you have
      anything, thanks.
      [18:22] <@[Chair]Andrew> Agenda #2 we already covered in the reports
      [18:22] <@[Chair]Andrew> Agenda #3 - THANKS ERIC FOR ALL THE HARD WORK. :)
      [18:23] <[PR]Nylanfs> Yes I couldn't agree more
      [18:23] <@[Chair]Andrew> Eric was a great PR Silverback, putting in a few years of effort. We're
      pleased that his efforts will have lasting impact and be an inspiration to us all.
      [18:24] <@[Chair]Andrew> As an added benefit, he's agreed to stay on as the Docs 2nd, so he'll be
      sticking around and helping out. A little birdie told me he still has ideas for the PR team to put
      us out there even more. ;)
      [18:25] <@[Chair]Andrew> Agenda #4 - Welcome Paul! Paul is our New PR Silverback. He's been an
      active OGL monkey and a Publisher Liaison. He's fully suited to fill the Shoes Eric has left behind.
      [18:25] <@[Chair]Andrew> Again, Big Congratz to Paul Grosse.
      [18:26] <@[Chair]Andrew> (don't forget to give thanks and congrats to both Eric and Paul)
      [18:26] <@[Chair]Andrew> Agenda #5 - We lack a Quorum, Defering till next meeting
      [18:27] <@[Chair]Andrew> Agenda #6 - Paul, we can defer till you have a chance to get settled.
      [18:27] <@[Chair]Andrew> Do you agree or would you like a shot at it?
      [18:29] <[PR]Nylanfs> I'm still trying to think about it, I can see Tom's points and Eric's points.
      It's goint to be a loaded issue
      [18:29] <@[Chair]Andrew> Okay, let's defer it then.
      [18:29] <@[Chair]Andrew> Last item
      [18:29] <@[Chair]Andrew> 7.) Discussion of team break over the holidays. - The volunteers deserve it!
      [18:30] <@[Chair]Andrew> Effective immediately till Jan 2nd?
      [18:30] <@[Chair]Andrew> Each team may choose to take the break.
      [18:30] <@[Chair]Andrew> Obviously I'll still be active, it's my nature, but if others wish to take
      a deserved break, I'm all for it. :)
      [18:31] <@[Chair]Andrew> Thoughts?
      [18:31] <@[Chair]Andrew> (Paul, it's just you to answer)
      [18:32] <Papa-DRB_Ad2nd> When the new releasee comes out, I'll do the Ad work, if it is before this
      weekend. Otherwise it will have to wait till after the 30th.
      [18:32] <[Doc2nd]Maredudd> Docs will still be working . . .
      [18:32] <[PR]Nylanfs> I thought the plan was to work the volunteer's to exhaustion and then discard?
      [18:32] <[PR]Nylanfs> Did I not get the memo?
      [18:32] <@[Chair]Andrew> You must have missed that memo
      [18:32] <@[Chair]Andrew> :P
      [18:32] <@[Chair]Andrew> Hey David and Eric. Did you have anything for the Reports?
      [18:33] <Papa-DRB_Ad2nd> Nope. Just waiting for the 5.17.5 release
      [18:33] <@[Chair]Andrew> David - Okay. Eric?
      [18:34] <[Doc2nd]Maredudd> Nothing for the doc team. I'm slowly powering up for the work.
      [18:34] <@[Chair]Andrew> Okay, fair enough. Looks like we got through the Agenda.
      [18:34] <@[Chair]Andrew> Open Forum now. JSA - Did you have anything you wanted to bring up?
      [18:35] <jsa> Ugh, just going to ask about the OpenJDK failure
      [18:35] <jsa> what is known about it, what barrier is there to fixing it
      [18:35] <jamesd[Code_SB]> I can field that one
      [18:35] <@[Chair]Andrew> Thanks James
      [18:36] <jamesd[Code_SB]> There is a behaviour for trees that differs between OpenJDK and Sun's JDK
      [18:36] <jamesd[Code_SB]> That is that if the root node of a tree is hidden in Sun;s JDK the
      children are still shown, but in OpenJDK the children are hidden
      [18:36] <jamesd[Code_SB]> All of our tabs use trees with hidden roots, so it has a fairly big impact
      [18:37] <jamesd[Code_SB]> We need to compile a simple bug report and file that with the OpenJDK guys
      [18:37] <jamesd[Code_SB]> I can alos look at a workaround of showing the root, when running OpenJDK,
      but it will be ugly - better than no display though
      [18:37] <jsa> okay
      [18:38] <@[Chair]Andrew> I'd say it's probably worth it, given the responses about it.
      [18:38] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Any thoughts on that?
      [18:38] <jamesd[Code_SB]> ok
      [18:38] <@[Chair]Andrew> Q - Is there a way for PCGen to determine which JAVA it's being run by?
      [18:38] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Yes that is possible
      [18:39] <jamesd[Code_SB]> The problem is that every tab requires a fix to make it display
      [18:39] <@[Chair]Andrew> Perhaps we can have the "hack" activate if it detects the non-sun JAVA then?
      [18:39] <jsa> I have a followup: Has there been any attempt to run with Apache's Harmony yet?
      [18:39] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Yep that's the plan
      [18:39] <jamesd[Code_SB]> no
      [18:39] <@[Chair]Andrew> You're the expert on it. I'll leave it to you then James. :)
      [18:40] <jamesd[Code_SB]> but we would be interested to hear how it goes...
      [18:40] <@[Chair]Andrew> I'm at a loss, what is Apache Harmony about?
      [18:40] <jsa> It's another implementation of Java
      [18:40] <jsa> using none of Sun/Oracle sources
      [18:41] <@[Chair]Andrew> Interesting.
      [18:41] <jsa> yeah, there may be a sudden shift towards it soon, the political landscape of Java is
      a bit chaotic right now
      [18:42] <@[Chair]Andrew> Ah, I recall seeing news of that effect.
      [18:42] <@[Chair]Andrew> If you don't mind giving it a go and reporting back that'd be great.
      [18:43] <@[Chair]Andrew> Any other business to be brought forward?
      [18:43] <jsa> not from I
      [18:44] <[Doc2nd]Maredudd> None here
      [18:45] <@[Chair]Andrew> Thanks for coming everyone; Meeting Adjourned *Bangs Gavel*

      Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      Admin Silverback - PCGen Board of Directors
      Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
      Unique Title "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
      Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.