Re: [pcgen] Weird error message on PDF output ...

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 13, 2010

      means there was a bad description or benefit character... which set was this?

      On 12/13/2010 5:48 PM, distant_scholar wrote:
      > I raised this as an issue on JIRA, but it was weird and unexpected enough that I wanted to post about it here, too.
      >
      > I was exporting a character with the "Stabbing Shot" feat to PDF, and got an error message about an illegal character (Unicode 0x17), and the export failed. Removing the feat fixed the export.
      >
      > Maybe there's a control character in the DESC or BENEFIT tag? And could there be others?

      > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

    • Chuck
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 13, 2010
        Just saw the JIRA you raised. That is a data error. Somehow an illegal character got into that feat data file.

        Note to the data team: This is in the Pathfinder Advanced Player's Guide in pfapg_feats.lst. On the line with Stabbing Shot, there are a pair of "strange" characters in the BENEFIT text string. There is also the same character in the line for Well-Prepared feat.

        I've deleted OS-39.

        Chuck

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 13, 2010

          Fixed