Weird error message on PDF output ...

  • distant_scholar
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 13, 2010
      I raised this as an issue on JIRA, but it was weird and unexpected enough that I wanted to post about it here, too.

      I was exporting a character with the "Stabbing Shot" feat to PDF, and got an error message about an illegal character (Unicode 0x17), and the export failed. Removing the feat fixed the export.

      Maybe there's a control character in the DESC or BENEFIT tag? And could there be others?
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 13, 2010

        means there was a bad description or benefit character... which set was this?

        On 12/13/2010 5:48 PM, distant_scholar wrote:
        > I raised this as an issue on JIRA, but it was weird and unexpected enough that I wanted to post about it here, too.
        >
        > I was exporting a character with the "Stabbing Shot" feat to PDF, and got an error message about an illegal character (Unicode 0x17), and the export failed. Removing the feat fixed the export.
        >
        > Maybe there's a control character in the DESC or BENEFIT tag? And could there be others?

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      • Chuck
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 13, 2010
          Just saw the JIRA you raised. That is a data error. Somehow an illegal character got into that feat data file.

          Note to the data team: This is in the Pathfinder Advanced Player's Guide in pfapg_feats.lst. On the line with Stabbing Shot, there are a pair of "strange" characters in the BENEFIT text string. There is also the same character in the line for Well-Prepared feat.

          I've deleted OS-39.

          Chuck

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 13, 2010

            Fixed