Re: [pcgen] -2 "To Hit"? Why?

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2010
      gilgamesh8282 scribed:

      > I am new to PCGen so please forgive me if this has been asked before. I am
      > playing a lvl 1 gnome wizard and noticed that I have a -2 "To Hit" with my
      > dagger in the "1H-P" slot. Why is this? I don't see anything in the rules
      > that should imply -2.
      >
      > I have a STR of 9 which gives me -1 but I'm also small which gives me +1 thus
      > cancelling out so my Base Attack is 0 (as reflected on my PCGen char sheet).
      > So, any ideas where this -2 comes from?

      Are you playing with 3.5 rules? And if so is the dagger sized correctly for
      a small PC? A small PC wielding a medium dagger will incur a -2 penalty.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2010
        Sorry! I should have been more clear. Yes, I am playing 3.5. Yes, I'm a small character and yes I'm wielding a medium dagger! (Not encumbered.)

        That's definitely the problem. I found the "Auto Resize" checkbox in the equipment list so I'll use that from now on. :-)

        Thanks all!