Re: [pcgen] -2 "To Hit"? Why?

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2010
      Are you encumbered?

      On 12/3/2010 2:24 PM, gilgamesh8282 wrote:
      > Greetings,
      >
      > I am new to PCGen so please forgive me if this has been asked before. I am playing a lvl 1 gnome wizard and noticed that I have a -2 "To Hit" with my dagger in the "1H-P" slot. Why is this? I don't see anything in the rules that should imply -2.
      >
      > I have a STR of 9 which gives me -1 but I'm also small which gives me +1 thus cancelling out so my Base Attack is 0 (as reflected on my PCGen char sheet). So, any ideas where this -2 comes from?
      >
      > Thanks!

      > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2010
        gilgamesh8282 scribed:

        > I am new to PCGen so please forgive me if this has been asked before. I am
        > playing a lvl 1 gnome wizard and noticed that I have a -2 "To Hit" with my
        > dagger in the "1H-P" slot. Why is this? I don't see anything in the rules
        > that should imply -2.
        >
        > I have a STR of 9 which gives me -1 but I'm also small which gives me +1 thus
        > cancelling out so my Base Attack is 0 (as reflected on my PCGen char sheet).
        > So, any ideas where this -2 comes from?

        Are you playing with 3.5 rules? And if so is the dagger sized correctly for
        a small PC? A small PC wielding a medium dagger will incur a -2 penalty.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 3, 2010
          Sorry! I should have been more clear. Yes, I am playing 3.5. Yes, I'm a small character and yes I'm wielding a medium dagger! (Not encumbered.)

          That's definitely the problem. I found the "Auto Resize" checkbox in the equipment list so I'll use that from now on. :-)

          Thanks all!