-2 "To Hit"? Why?

  • gilgamesh8282
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2010
      Greetings,

      I am new to PCGen so please forgive me if this has been asked before. I am playing a lvl 1 gnome wizard and noticed that I have a -2 "To Hit" with my dagger in the "1H-P" slot. Why is this? I don't see anything in the rules that should imply -2.

      I have a STR of 9 which gives me -1 but I'm also small which gives me +1 thus cancelling out so my Base Attack is 0 (as reflected on my PCGen char sheet). So, any ideas where this -2 comes from?

      Thanks!
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2010
        Are you encumbered?

        On 12/3/2010 2:24 PM, gilgamesh8282 wrote:
        > Greetings,
        >
        > I am new to PCGen so please forgive me if this has been asked before. I am playing a lvl 1 gnome wizard and noticed that I have a -2 "To Hit" with my dagger in the "1H-P" slot. Why is this? I don't see anything in the rules that should imply -2.
        >
        > I have a STR of 9 which gives me -1 but I'm also small which gives me +1 thus cancelling out so my Base Attack is 0 (as reflected on my PCGen char sheet). So, any ideas where this -2 comes from?
        >
        > Thanks!

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 3, 2010
          gilgamesh8282 scribed:

          > I am new to PCGen so please forgive me if this has been asked before. I am
          > playing a lvl 1 gnome wizard and noticed that I have a -2 "To Hit" with my
          > dagger in the "1H-P" slot. Why is this? I don't see anything in the rules
          > that should imply -2.
          >
          > I have a STR of 9 which gives me -1 but I'm also small which gives me +1 thus
          > cancelling out so my Base Attack is 0 (as reflected on my PCGen char sheet).
          > So, any ideas where this -2 comes from?

          Are you playing with 3.5 rules? And if so is the dagger sized correctly for
          a small PC? A small PC wielding a medium dagger will incur a -2 penalty.
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 3, 2010
            Sorry! I should have been more clear. Yes, I am playing 3.5. Yes, I'm a small character and yes I'm wielding a medium dagger! (Not encumbered.)

            That's definitely the problem. I found the "Auto Resize" checkbox in the equipment list so I'll use that from now on. :-)

            Thanks all!