Re: [pcgen] Re: Kingmaker Campaign Traits

    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 2, 2010

      I'm fine with that.

      On 11/2/2010 4:35 PM, Stefan Radermacher wrote:
      > On Wednesday 03 November 2010 00:26:35 Andrew Maitland wrote:
      >> Leaving them in should be fine. Once we move to trunk, we can simply use
      >> SORTKEY to put the sample at the bottom of the list. And yes, homebrews
      >> can model theirs after the existing ones. Nothing wrong with that. I was
      >> going through and entering ALL the missing items.
      > Maybe we can use TYPE:SampleCampaignTraits with those instead of
      > TYPE:CampaignTraits.
      >
      > Stefan.

      > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

    • Derrik H. Gilmore
      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 2, 2010
        Heya:

        Quick FYI. When starting a new campaign/Adventure Path, Campaign Traits are
        NOT a requirement. Like any other trait they are an optional component and
        basically give you one more category of traits to choose from. They primary
        intention is to tie you closer to the beginning of the campaign and give you
        a reason for your character to get involved in the campaign. Now, you can
        certainly make it a requirement for your campaign, but there is no other
        requirement.

        "Campaign traits are tailored to a specific Adventure Path, and give your
        character a built-in reason to begin the first adventure in a new campaign.
        Some campaign traits also grant teamwork benefits if you choose to begin a
        campaign with your character having a pre-existing relationship with another
        PC." And if you continue reading the section on campaign traits in any of
        the Adventure Paths out there, you'll see nowhere that it is required a
        character take a campaign trait - though certainly advisable.

        Also once a new character joins the campaign at a later date, s/he can
        certainly take an existing campaign trait if so desired, though the player
        and GM should probably work on adjusting the wording somewhat =)

        ----

        Derrik "Gil" Gilmore

        "I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of
        the raid's $359.76 says: know your role."

        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 2, 2010
          On Wednesday 03 November 2010 02:27:06 Derrik H. Gilmore wrote:
          > Quick FYI. When starting a new campaign/Adventure Path, Campaign Traits are
          > NOT a requirement. Like any other trait they are an optional component and
          > basically give you one more category of traits to choose from. They primary
          > intention is to tie you closer to the beginning of the campaign and give
          > you a reason for your character to get involved in the campaign. Now, you
          > can certainly make it a requirement for your campaign, but there is no
          > other requirement.
          > "Campaign traits are tailored to a specific Adventure Path, and give your
          > character a built-in reason to begin the first adventure in a new campaign.
          > Some campaign traits also grant teamwork benefits if you choose to begin a
          > campaign with your character having a pre-existing relationship with
          > another PC." And if you continue reading the section on campaign traits in
          > any of the Adventure Paths out there, you'll see nowhere that it is
          > required a character take a campaign trait - though certainly advisable.

          Your quote is correct, however there is more. Check out APG page 330, in the
          section named "Campaign Traits" it says:

          "If your GM uses campaign traits, one of your starting traits must be a
          campaign trait. Your other trait can be chosen from one of the other types of
          traits." You will find the words to the same effect in the original Character
          Traits web enhancement for the Pathfinder RPG on page 3, upper left.

          > Also once a new character joins the campaign at a later date, s/he can
          > certainly take an existing campaign trait if so desired, though the player
          > and GM should probably work on adjusting the wording somewhat =)

          Depending on the campaign that might noit really makes sense, for example, as
          mentioned earlier with the campaign traits from then Serpent's Skull Player's
          Guide. Those are meaningless for a character that doesn't start out at the
          beginning at the campaign.

          Regards,
          Stefan.
        • Derrik H. Gilmore
          Message 4 of 21 , Nov 3, 2010
            Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa - though I just got the APG on Monday
            and haven't gotten that far in the book yet, I'm still giddy about the
            class/race options =)

            As for taking the campaign traits for later characters, you can always
            adjust the back-story for the trait so that it makes more sense while
            leaving the bonus intact - nur meine zwei pfennige =)

            ----

            Derrik "Gil" Gilmore

            "I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of
            the raid's $359.76 says know your role."

            On Wednesday 03 November 2010 02:27:06 Derrik H. Gilmore wrote:
            > Quick FYI. When starting a new campaign/Adventure Path, Campaign Traits
            are
            > NOT a requirement. Like any other trait they are an optional component and
            > basically give you one more category of traits to choose from. They
            primary
            > intention is to tie you closer to the beginning of the campaign and give
            > you a reason for your character to get involved in the campaign. Now, you
            > can certainly make it a requirement for your campaign, but there is no
            > other requirement.
            > "Campaign traits are tailored to a specific Adventure Path, and give your
            > character a built-in reason to begin the first adventure in a new
            campaign.
            > Some campaign traits also grant teamwork benefits if you choose to begin a
            > campaign with your character having a pre-existing relationship with
            > another PC." And if you continue reading the section on campaign traits in
            > any of the Adventure Paths out there, you'll see nowhere that it is
            > required a character take a campaign trait - though certainly advisable.

            Your quote is correct, however there is more. Check out APG page 330, in the

            section named "Campaign Traits" it says:

            "If your GM uses campaign traits, one of your starting traits must be a
            campaign trait. Your other trait can be chosen from one of the other types
            of
            traits." You will find the words to the same effect in the original
            Character
            Traits web enhancement for the Pathfinder RPG on page 3, upper left.

            > Also once a new character joins the campaign at a later date, s/he can
            > certainly take an existing campaign trait if so desired, though the player
            > and GM should probably work on adjusting the wording somewhat =)

            Depending on the campaign that might noit really makes sense, for example,
            as
            mentioned earlier with the campaign traits from then Serpent's Skull
            Player's
            Guide. Those are meaningless for a character that doesn't start out at the
            beginning at the campaign.

            Regards,
            Stefan.

            _____