Re: Shriikirri-Quah (Hawk Clan) Totem Spirit Feat

  • santeeschroder
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 28, 2010
      Terry,

      Thanks for looking into it, sorry I caused a little confusion there. I've got the Background set for Region (Varisia), Human Ethnicity (Shoanti), and Shoanti Clan (Shiikirri-Quah (Hawk Clan)). I thought that would enable it, but it didn't. Selecting the Region did enable the other specific Feats (City Born/Country Born/Lone Wolf/Big Game Hunter).

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Terry Milnes <neofax99@...> wrote:

      > I just checked thru both the pathfinder conversion and the original
      > 3.5e dataset, and there is no template for shoanti tribes. However,
      > there is a way to selct them as a background.

    • santeeschroder
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 28, 2010
        Oh, also....

        First off, sorry for double posting, I'll try not to do it again. There is a way to get around not being allowed to take the Feat normally, under House Rules select No Feat Prereqs. Then I can take the Feat and disable that House Rule, I still have the Feat. I just thought of this and tested it, I am still hoping to find a way to do it properly however. Thanks again for the assistance!

        James

        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 29, 2010

          I'd rather fix the issue.. Is this actually broken?

          On 10/28/2010 8:35 AM, santeeschroder wrote:
          > Oh, also....
          >
          > First off, sorry for double posting, I'll try not to do it again. There is a way to get around not being allowed to take the Feat normally, under House Rules select No Feat Prereqs. Then I can take the Feat and disable that House Rule, I still have the Feat. I just thought of this and tested it, I am still hoping to find a way to do it properly however. Thanks again for the assistance!
          >
          > James
          >
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Terry Milnes<neofax99@...> wrote:
          >> I just checked thru both the pathfinder conversion and the original
          >> 3.5e dataset, and there is no template for shoanti tribes. However,
          >> there is a way to selct them as a background.

          > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

        • santeeschroder
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 29, 2010
            To my knowledge it is. In order to acquire the feat it is asking for a template to be activated, but I don't know how to do that. I can set the background to match what it should be, but that doesn't seem to work. I'm loading the core rule book, the bestiary, the Rise of the Runelords Player's Guide, and the character traits web enhancement. Running 5.16.4 RC2. Needed to load the bestiary still before it would allow me to select the Player's Guide. The other individual looking into it said they couldn't find the template anywhere, so perhaps it got overlooked? Going to Race/Template there is one under Paizo Publishing - Rise of the Runelords Player's Guide, labeled Rise of the Runelords bonus feat. However all this does is allow the bonus feat under Feats, nothing changes about trying to select a tribal feat. The other Varisian feats seem to be working correctly. If I can provide any other info, let me know. Thanks for looking into this.

            James

            > I'd rather fix the issue.. Is this actually broken?
            >
            > > Replied text removed
            > --
            > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
            > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
            > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

          • Martijn Verburg
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 22, 2010
              Can you try with the latest 5.16.4 release (5.16.4 is out now)?

              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 3, 2010
                I'm going to assume this is resolved. - K

                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 31, 2010
                  Sorry, I stopped checking this thread after a couple weeks and didn't see your response. I had been using a previous version, I think it was RC2. I had later checked and moved up to RC4, I believe, and saw that it was fixed. I tried and it worked as I recall. I have since upgraded to the actual release, and it seems not to be working again. I tried to find where the bugs/fixes were listed, because I think I saw it was listed as fixed, back then, but I can't now. I didn't see it in Jira, so I'm not sure where I was looking at this point. However, using version 5.16.4, I still have

                  Requirements: REGION: Varisia exactly 1 and template: Shriikirri-Quah (Hawk Clan) at least 1

                  Sorry for taking so long to get back to you with that info.

                  James

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 6, 2011
                    I hope it is ok to bump this thread up, I think I updated all of the class info to the most recent following the link provided in my other thread (regarding summoners, the link provided downloaded core, bestiaries and APG) as of 1/5/2011. I just checked on the Barbarian I have on here and I am still showing -

                    Requirements: REGION: Varisia exactly 1 and template: Shriikirri-Quah (Hawk Clan) at least 1

                    I am still not sure where this template is located, so I cannot select it unless I enable the house rule to ignore prereqs, select the feat, then disable the house rule again. I just thought I'd bring this up so it could be fixed (again?) before the OOC update goes out. Thanks.

                    James

                  • pshipley@ymail.com
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jan 7, 2011
                      I've had a look. There are a few things broken:

                      1) The version of the dataset in Trunk appears to be missing a few necessary files (present in the 5.16.4 dist but not the 5.17.4 dist). I've copied them across; hope the previous deletion wasn't deliberate.

                      2) The Totem Spirit feats were buggy in data, requiring templates when the prereqs were implemented as abilities. I have fixed in Trunk.

                      3) The Region setting stuff seems to be generally not working in pcgen. The Region box on the Description tab is greyed out and the REGION: tag in a template file does not set it. I'll raise a CODE tracker for this.

                      Cheers

                      Paul