Re: [pcgen] Re: Looking for a PHP Coder to fix the PCGen website RSS interaction

  • Martijn Verburg
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2010
      Hi herzogaldilkassach,

      My email to Mike was bounced by his mail provider, are you able to forward
      the following to him?

      ----------------

      Hi Mike,

      Thanks for getting in touch!

      Hello Martijn,

      > Jasper contacted me and told me you required some PHP assistance.
      > Thus.. here I am :)
      >
      > As I understand there is an issue with the parsing of the RSS somewhere in
      > the site? Can you please explain the nature of the issue?

      Yes! So we have two pages that display information from RSS feeds:

      http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/02_news.php
      http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/03_get_pcgen.php

      The news in particular is not looking great (the links etc should be
      displayed in raw text for example) but I think I also put in a nasty hack to
      get the downloads outputting reasonable information. This is all due to the
      RSS feeds having changed their information somewhat.

      It's all PHP driven (parsing the RSS feed and displaying the results) and we
      lost our original developer a long time ago so we're looking for someone
      familiar with PHP to fix it up :). From what I can tell the PHP code is
      fairly minimal and well laid out etc, so hopefully it won't require a
      herculean effort to

      There'd be no rush/pressure on the job (we're all volunteers here)

      > If you would like to receive some background information, please ask. I
      > have explicitly not included that for brevity (and to prevent boredom ;)).

      I think I can trust you over my PHP skills (none) :).

      So if you feel like this is up your alley then perhaps we can arrange an IRC
      chat and access to the code etc?

      Thanks again

      Thanks - K