Re: [pcgen] [Trackered and Fixed] PsiCristal no HD?

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2010

      http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-117

      and fixed
      5.16 - Completed: At revision: 13224
      Trunk - Completed: At revision: 13225

      On 9/28/2010 8:42 AM, Martijn Verburg wrote:
      > Bump :)
      >
      > On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 1:26 PM, Andrew Maitland<drew0500@...> wrote:
      >

      >> The behavior seems odd, though I've never played a psion with a psi crystal
      >>
      >> before. However, in almost all regards the Psi Crystal acts just like a
      >> Familiar. Saves, Half Masters HP (Including Feats or Spells last I
      >> checked),
      >> skills....
      >>
      >> The HD might be an oversight, you can grant it 1 HD and it won't affect
      >> anything. Seems like something that can easily be fixed. I'll flag the
      >> message
      >> for a data monkey to take a Look.
      >>
      >> --
      >> Andrew
      >>
      >> ________________________________

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2010
        This is the expected behavior, no fix is necessary. There is a certain
        amount of ambiguity in the interpretation of the rules which has never
        really been resolved. To the best of our ability we determined that the
        official interpretation is that Psicrystals do not get HD not do they
        progress like familiars and so that is the default coding for this feature.

        That said there is a sizeable contingent of folks who went the other way and
        house-ruled it so they do progress like familiars. In order to accommodate
        as many folks playing styles as possible we created a small dataset which
        modifies the Psicrystal for this interpretation. You can find it in the
        PCGen directory in the 3.5e gameMode, it's named PCGen Open Gaming Content -
        Psicrystal Hit Dice.

        Here is the doc entry in the source help section about the set:

        http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/sourcehelp/pcgen_ogc_psicrys
        tal_hd.html

        Sorry for the late response, I just now got caught up with the latest on
        this list.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp

        Andrew Maitland scribed:

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2010

          Well, shucks, I guess I can back out my commit then. We should really get PCGen to not complain
          about the level issue then though.

          On 10/1/2010 4:59 PM, Eddy Anthony wrote:
          > This is the expected behavior, no fix is necessary. There is a certain
          > amount of ambiguity in the interpretation of the rules which has never
          > really been resolved. To the best of our ability we determined that the
          > official interpretation is that Psicrystals do not get HD not do they
          > progress like familiars and so that is the default coding for this feature.
          >
          > That said there is a sizeable contingent of folks who went the other way and
          > house-ruled it so they do progress like familiars. In order to accommodate
          > as many folks playing styles as possible we created a small dataset which
          > modifies the Psicrystal for this interpretation. You can find it in the
          > PCGen directory in the 3.5e gameMode, it's named PCGen Open Gaming Content -
          > Psicrystal Hit Dice.
          >
          > Here is the doc entry in the source help section about the set:
          >
          > http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/sourcehelp/pcgen_ogc_psicrys
          > tal_hd.html
          >
          > Sorry for the late response, I just now got caught up with the latest on
          > this list.

          Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin