[TOM] Re: [pcgen_experimental] Re: [pcgen] Re: REMOVE:ABILITY

  • herzogaldilkassach
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 1, 2010
      Ah. thanks, I missed that one.

      Ok, so abilities, when given to a class, get a prexxx that 'removes' them when getting a specific type of ability.
      Very similar to what I had for 3.5 ACF. Guess great minds think alike or something.

      I'll continue using that for 3.5 ACF then, unless a method of removing automatic abilities comes along at some time :)

      And I'll replace the core set for pathfinder to get my Brutal Puglist Barbarian working....

      > Did you actually replace the core set? If you didn't then no abilities will replace properly.
      >

      > On 9/30/2010 10:36 AM, herzogaldilkassach wrote:
      > > ....Unfortunately the Brutal Pugilist Barbarian still displays the Uncanny Dodge and Improved Uncanny Dodge. These should be replaced by the brutal Pugilist Archetype....
      > >
      > > Oh well, I'll wait until the next version. And see if I can generate some comment on the current version in the meantime....
      > >
      > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Maredudd"<maredudd@> wrote:
      > >> Hi Folks!

      > >> Check this link for more info:
      > >>
      > >> http://wiki.pcgen.org/Beta_Testers_for_Testing
      > >>
      > >> Maredudd

      > > Related Lists

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >

      > --
      > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
      > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

    • herzogaldilkassach
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 1, 2010
        just checking: any chance of changes like this making it into the RSRD dataset? Right now, I have to .MOD all the classes, would be nice to have it in the standard set.
        I'd be willing to do the coding.
        Not sure if the agreement with WotC would allow it though.

        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 1, 2010

          I have plans to do something similar for the RSRD set, but unfortunately I have a lot on my plate.
          With the APG taking up most of my time, I don't have the time to really give a good look over at
          what abilities need to be removable. I know the Unearthed Arcana has some of that going on for it.
          The one set that seems to take forever to get finished.

          If you've got a copy of the base classes with something like that done, then I'll enter it in after
          reviewing it. But to make the 5.16.4 release, that would have to happen by the next 24 hours.

          Otherwise, we're looking at 5.17.4 as the earliest implementation that would have that for the RSRD.

          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 1, 2010
            Looks like I will be dividing my time between APG abilities and the RSRD ACF options then...

            I'll see what I can get you this weekend!

            Message 5 of 18 , Oct 1, 2010
              Every little bit helps.

              drew0500 at Yahoo dot com

              Cheers, and Good night.