[TOM] Re: [pcgen_experimental] Re: [pcgen] Re: REMOVE:ABILITY

  • herzogaldilkassach
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 30, 2010
      Ok, then let me ask this:

      Is it going to be possible in the (near) future to remove automatic abilities?

      If not, how do people suggest handling alternate class features?
      I expect Pathfinder is having issues with this as well to implement the different Archethypes. How are you handling those?

      I really want a nice, clean solution for this, instead of my current solution, which requires me to MOD all base classes, add a special requirement to the ability, than make that requirement invalid when I want to remove the ability. That really should be part of the code, not the data....

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "thpr" <thpr@...> wrote:

      > I hadn't. The issue is really one of original construction. I wasn't around for the construction, but basically REMOVE:FEAT reversed ADD:FEAT (or a normal selection). Given VFEAT was for virtual, and something else for automatic, REMOVE:ABILITY was done as an analogy to REMOVE:FEAT and just does the Normal nature.
      >
      > TP

    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 30, 2010
        Hi Folks!

        Andrew and Stefan have worked out a way to implement Archtypes that works wonderfully. Stay tuned for the 5.16.4 release, which has been planned specifically to role out the Archive implementation.

        Maredudd

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Sep 30, 2010, at 9:43 AM, "herzogaldilkassach" <herzogaldilkassach@...> wrote:

        > Ok, then let me ask this:
        >
        > Is it going to be possible in the (near) future to remove automatic abilities?
        >
        > If not, how do people suggest handling alternate class features?
        > I expect Pathfinder is having issues with this as well to implement the different Archethypes. How are you handling those?
        >
        > I really want a nice, clean solution for this, instead of my current solution, which requires me to MOD all base classes, add a special requirement to the ability, than make that requirement invalid when I want to remove the ability. That really should be part of the code, not the data....
        >
        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "thpr" <thpr@...> wrote:
        > >

        > > I hadn't. The issue is really one of original construction. I wasn't around for the construction, but basically REMOVE:FEAT reversed ADD:FEAT (or a normal selection). Given VFEAT was for virtual, and something else for automatic, REMOVE:ABILITY was done as an analogy to REMOVE:FEAT and just does the Normal nature.
        > >
        > > TP

      • herzogaldilkassach
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 30, 2010
          please tell me I can already find it in the trunc?
          please?

          > Hi Folks!
          >
          > Andrew and Stefan have worked out a way to implement Archtypes that works wonderfully. Stay tuned for the 5.16.4 release, which has been planned specifically to role out the Archive implementation.
          >
          > Maredudd
          >
          > Sent from my iPhone
          >
          > On Sep 30, 2010, at 9:43 AM, "herzogaldilkassach" <herzogaldilkassach@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Ok, then let me ask this:
          > >
          > > Is it going to be possible in the (near) future to remove automatic abilities?
          > >
          > > If not, how do people suggest handling alternate class features?
          > > I expect Pathfinder is having issues with this as well to implement the different Archethypes. How are you handling those?
          > >
          > > I really want a nice, clean solution for this, instead of my current solution, which requires me to MOD all base classes, add a special requirement to the ability, than make that requirement invalid when I want to remove the ability. That really should be part of the code, not the data....
          > >
          > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "thpr" <thpr@> wrote:
          > > >

          > > > I hadn't. The issue is really one of original construction. I wasn't around for the construction, but basically REMOVE:FEAT reversed ADD:FEAT (or a normal selection). Given VFEAT was for virtual, and something else for automatic, REMOVE:ABILITY was done as an analogy to REMOVE:FEAT and just does the Normal nature.
          > > >
          > > > TP

        • Maredudd
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 30, 2010
            Hi Folks!

            herzogaldilkassach wrote:

            > please tell me I can already find it in the trunc?
            > please?

            Check this link for more info:

            http://wiki.pcgen.org/Beta_Testers_for_Testing

            Maredudd

            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Folks!
            > >
            > > Andrew and Stefan have worked out a way to implement Archtypes that works wonderfully. Stay tuned for the 5.16.4 release, which has been planned specifically to role out the Archive implementation.
            > >
            > > Maredudd
            > >
            > > Sent from my iPhone
            > >
            > > On Sep 30, 2010, at 9:43 AM, "herzogaldilkassach" <herzogaldilkassach@> wrote:
            > >
            > > > Ok, then let me ask this:
            > > >
            > > > Is it going to be possible in the (near) future to remove automatic abilities?
            > > >
            > > > If not, how do people suggest handling alternate class features?
            > > > I expect Pathfinder is having issues with this as well to implement the different Archethypes. How are you handling those?
            > > >
            > > > I really want a nice, clean solution for this, instead of my current solution, which requires me to MOD all base classes, add a special requirement to the ability, than make that requirement invalid when I want to remove the ability. That really should be part of the code, not the data....

          • herzogaldilkassach
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 30, 2010
              ....Unfortunately the Brutal Pugilist Barbarian still displays the Uncanny Dodge and Improved Uncanny Dodge. These should be replaced by the brutal Pugilist Archetype....

              Oh well, I'll wait until the next version. And see if I can generate some comment on the current version in the meantime....

              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 30, 2010

                Did you actually replace the core set? If you didn't then no abilities will replace properly.

                On 9/30/2010 10:36 AM, herzogaldilkassach wrote:
                > ....Unfortunately the Brutal Pugilist Barbarian still displays the Uncanny Dodge and Improved Uncanny Dodge. These should be replaced by the brutal Pugilist Archetype....
                >
                > Oh well, I'll wait until the next version. And see if I can generate some comment on the current version in the meantime....
                >
                > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Maredudd"<maredudd@...> wrote:
                >> Hi Folks!
                >>
                >> herzogaldilkassach wrote:
                >>> please tell me I can already find it in the trunc?
                >>> please?
                >> Check this link for more info:
                >>
                >> http://wiki.pcgen.org/Beta_Testers_for_Testing
                >>
                >> Maredudd

                > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

                Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

              • herzogaldilkassach
                Message 7 of 18 , Oct 1, 2010
                  Ah. thanks, I missed that one.

                  Ok, so abilities, when given to a class, get a prexxx that 'removes' them when getting a specific type of ability.
                  Very similar to what I had for 3.5 ACF. Guess great minds think alike or something.

                  I'll continue using that for 3.5 ACF then, unless a method of removing automatic abilities comes along at some time :)

                  And I'll replace the core set for pathfinder to get my Brutal Puglist Barbarian working....

                  > Did you actually replace the core set? If you didn't then no abilities will replace properly.
                  >

                  > On 9/30/2010 10:36 AM, herzogaldilkassach wrote:
                  > > ....Unfortunately the Brutal Pugilist Barbarian still displays the Uncanny Dodge and Improved Uncanny Dodge. These should be replaced by the brutal Pugilist Archetype....
                  > >
                  > > Oh well, I'll wait until the next version. And see if I can generate some comment on the current version in the meantime....
                  > >
                  > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Maredudd"<maredudd@> wrote:
                  > >> Hi Folks!

                  > >> Check this link for more info:
                  > >>
                  > >> http://wiki.pcgen.org/Beta_Testers_for_Testing
                  > >>
                  > >> Maredudd

                  > > Related Lists

                  > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                  > >

                  > --
                  > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                  > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
                  > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

                • herzogaldilkassach
                  Message 8 of 18 , Oct 1, 2010
                    just checking: any chance of changes like this making it into the RSRD dataset? Right now, I have to .MOD all the classes, would be nice to have it in the standard set.
                    I'd be willing to do the coding.
                    Not sure if the agreement with WotC would allow it though.

                    Message 9 of 18 , Oct 1, 2010

                      I have plans to do something similar for the RSRD set, but unfortunately I have a lot on my plate.
                      With the APG taking up most of my time, I don't have the time to really give a good look over at
                      what abilities need to be removable. I know the Unearthed Arcana has some of that going on for it.
                      The one set that seems to take forever to get finished.

                      If you've got a copy of the base classes with something like that done, then I'll enter it in after
                      reviewing it. But to make the 5.16.4 release, that would have to happen by the next 24 hours.

                      Otherwise, we're looking at 5.17.4 as the earliest implementation that would have that for the RSRD.

                      Message 10 of 18 , Oct 1, 2010
                        Looks like I will be dividing my time between APG abilities and the RSRD ACF options then...

                        I'll see what I can get you this weekend!

                        Message 11 of 18 , Oct 1, 2010
                          Every little bit helps.

                          drew0500 at Yahoo dot com

                          Cheers, and Good night.