Trying to mimic the Pathfinder human's ability bonus.

  • therealdraconite
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2010
      I'm trying to manually edit the .lst files in PCGen to make a race that
      only gets a bonus to a mental ability score. I'm doing this by editing
      the files "pathfinder_rpg_core_rulebook_abilities_racial_common.lst" and
      "pathfinder_rpg_core_rulebook_abilitycategories.lst"

      I added the following lines to
      pathfinder_rpg_core_rulebook_abilities_racial_common.lst:

      ###Block: Mental Bonus
      # Ability Name Category of Ability Type Visible
      Stackable? Multiple? Stat bonus
      +2 Intelligence CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:MentalBonus
      VISIBLE:DISPLAY STACK:NO MULT:NO BONUS:STAT|INT|2|TYPE=Racial
      +2 Wisdom CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:MentalBonus
      VISIBLE:DISPLAY STACK:NO MULT:NO BONUS:STAT|WIS|2|TYPE=Racial
      +2 Charisma CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:MentalBonus
      VISIBLE:DISPLAY STACK:NO MULT:NO BONUS:STAT|CHA|2|TYPE=Racial

      I added the following line to
      pathfinder_rpg_core_rulebook_abilitycategories.lst:

      ABILITYCATEGORY:Mental Bonus VISIBLE:QUALIFY EDITABLE:YES
      EDITPOOL:YES FRACTIONALPOOL:NO CATEGORY:Special Ability
      TYPE:MentalBonus PLURAL:Mental Bonuses
      DISPLAYLOCATION:Racial Abilities

      I pretty much copied the human's Ability Bonus and changed the parts I
      thought were appropriate.

      Then, I added the following to the advanced tab of my race:

      BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|MENTAL BONUS|1
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2010

        Is this a question or a statement?

        Otherwise, help with LST coding belongs on a separate Yahoo group, see List File Help in the footer.

        On 9/29/2010 1:51 AM, therealdraconite wrote:
        > I'm trying to manually edit the .lst files in PCGen to make a race that
        > only gets a bonus to a mental ability score. I'm doing this by editing
        > the files "pathfinder_rpg_core_rulebook_abilities_racial_common.lst" and
        > "pathfinder_rpg_core_rulebook_abilitycategories.lst"
        >
        > I added the following lines to
        > pathfinder_rpg_core_rulebook_abilities_racial_common.lst:
        >
        > ###Block: Mental Bonus
        > # Ability Name Category of Ability Type Visible
        > Stackable? Multiple? Stat bonus
        > +2 Intelligence CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:MentalBonus
        > VISIBLE:DISPLAY STACK:NO MULT:NO BONUS:STAT|INT|2|TYPE=Racial
        > +2 Wisdom CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:MentalBonus
        > VISIBLE:DISPLAY STACK:NO MULT:NO BONUS:STAT|WIS|2|TYPE=Racial
        > +2 Charisma CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:MentalBonus
        > VISIBLE:DISPLAY STACK:NO MULT:NO BONUS:STAT|CHA|2|TYPE=Racial
        >
        > I added the following line to
        > pathfinder_rpg_core_rulebook_abilitycategories.lst:
        >
        > ABILITYCATEGORY:Mental Bonus VISIBLE:QUALIFY EDITABLE:YES
        > EDITPOOL:YES FRACTIONALPOOL:NO CATEGORY:Special Ability
        > TYPE:MentalBonus PLURAL:Mental Bonuses
        > DISPLAYLOCATION:Racial Abilities
        >
        > I pretty much copied the human's Ability Bonus and changed the parts I
        > thought were appropriate.
        >
        > Then, I added the following to the advanced tab of my race:
        >
        > BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|MENTAL BONUS|1

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin