Re: [pcgen] [TM] PsiCristal no HD?

  • Martijn Verburg
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 28, 2010
      Bump :)

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2010

        http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-117

        and fixed
        5.16 - Completed: At revision: 13224
        Trunk - Completed: At revision: 13225

        On 9/28/2010 8:42 AM, Martijn Verburg wrote:
        > Bump :)
        >
        > On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 1:26 PM, Andrew Maitland<drew0500@...> wrote:
        >

        >> The behavior seems odd, though I've never played a psion with a psi crystal
        >>
        >> before. However, in almost all regards the Psi Crystal acts just like a
        >> Familiar. Saves, Half Masters HP (Including Feats or Spells last I
        >> checked),
        >> skills....
        >>
        >> The HD might be an oversight, you can grant it 1 HD and it won't affect
        >> anything. Seems like something that can easily be fixed. I'll flag the
        >> message
        >> for a data monkey to take a Look.
        >>
        >> --
        >> Andrew
        >>
        >> ________________________________

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2010
          This is the expected behavior, no fix is necessary. There is a certain
          amount of ambiguity in the interpretation of the rules which has never
          really been resolved. To the best of our ability we determined that the
          official interpretation is that Psicrystals do not get HD not do they
          progress like familiars and so that is the default coding for this feature.

          That said there is a sizeable contingent of folks who went the other way and
          house-ruled it so they do progress like familiars. In order to accommodate
          as many folks playing styles as possible we created a small dataset which
          modifies the Psicrystal for this interpretation. You can find it in the
          PCGen directory in the 3.5e gameMode, it's named PCGen Open Gaming Content -
          Psicrystal Hit Dice.

          Here is the doc entry in the source help section about the set:

          http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/sourcehelp/pcgen_ogc_psicrys
          tal_hd.html

          Sorry for the late response, I just now got caught up with the latest on
          this list.
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp

          Andrew Maitland scribed:

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2010

            Well, shucks, I guess I can back out my commit then. We should really get PCGen to not complain
            about the level issue then though.

            On 10/1/2010 4:59 PM, Eddy Anthony wrote:
            > This is the expected behavior, no fix is necessary. There is a certain
            > amount of ambiguity in the interpretation of the rules which has never
            > really been resolved. To the best of our ability we determined that the
            > official interpretation is that Psicrystals do not get HD not do they
            > progress like familiars and so that is the default coding for this feature.
            >
            > That said there is a sizeable contingent of folks who went the other way and
            > house-ruled it so they do progress like familiars. In order to accommodate
            > as many folks playing styles as possible we created a small dataset which
            > modifies the Psicrystal for this interpretation. You can find it in the
            > PCGen directory in the 3.5e gameMode, it's named PCGen Open Gaming Content -
            > Psicrystal Hit Dice.
            >
            > Here is the doc entry in the source help section about the set:
            >
            > http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/sourcehelp/pcgen_ogc_psicrys
            > tal_hd.html
            >
            > Sorry for the late response, I just now got caught up with the latest on
            > this list.

            Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin