Re: Looking for a PHP Coder to fix the PCGen website RSS interaction

  • Martijn Verburg
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 28, 2010
      Bump :-), any friends of friends perhaps?

      On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 4:52 PM, Martijn Verburg
      <martijnverburg@...>wrote:

      > Widening the circle to our dev list :), still looking for help!
      >

      > On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Martijn Verburg <martijnverburg@...>wrote:
      >
      >> Hi all,
      >>
      >> I'm looking for a PHP coder to help fix the RSS parsing for the PCGen
      >> website on SF.
      >>
      >> If you know anyone or are a PHP coder yourself then please get in touch!
      >>
      >> Thanks!

    • herzogaldilkassach
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2010
        Just checking: I signalled a friend of mine, and he has confirmed to me he replied to you for further info.

        However, he mentioned the message not showing up here, so I'm just checking to see if you got the reply.

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 1, 2010

          I've not seen any replies here. Have him contact one of us direct.

          drew0500 at Yahoo dot com

          We could use his help setting up a direct link in the php...

          On 10/1/2010 12:02 AM, herzogaldilkassach wrote:
          > Just checking: I signalled a friend of mine, and he has confirmed to me he replied to you for further info.
          >
          > However, he mentioned the message not showing up here, so I'm just checking to see if you got the reply.
          >

          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Martijn Verburg<martijnverburg@...> wrote:
          >> Bump :-), any friends of friends perhaps?

          >> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 4:52 PM, Martijn Verburg
          >> <martijnverburg@...>wrote:
          >>
          >>> Widening the circle to our dev list :), still looking for help!

          > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

          Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

        • Martijn Verburg
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 1, 2010
            I got a direct reply from him, thanks for setting that up!

            I'll get back to him with details shortly :)

            On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 8:29 AM, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > I've not seen any replies here. Have him contact one of us direct.
            >
            > drew0500 at Yahoo dot com
            >
            > We could use his help setting up a direct link in the php...
            >

            > On 10/1/2010 12:02 AM, herzogaldilkassach wrote:
            > > Just checking: I signalled a friend of mine, and he has confirmed to me
            > he replied to you for further info.
            > >
            > > However, he mentioned the message not showing up here, so I'm just
            > checking to see if you got the reply.
            > >

            > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>, Martijn
            > Verburg<martijnverburg@...> wrote:
            > >> Bump :-), any friends of friends perhaps?

            > touch!

            > > Related Lists
            > > PCGen's Online Docs:
            > > PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs:
            > >
            > > PCGen List File Help:
            > >
            > > PCGen Experimental:
            > > Yahoo! Groups Links
            > >

            > --
            > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
            > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
            > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

          • Martijn Verburg
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 1, 2010
              Hi herzogaldilkassach,

              My email to Mike was bounced by his mail provider, are you able to forward
              the following to him?

              ----------------

              Hi Mike,

              Thanks for getting in touch!

              Hello Martijn,

              > Jasper contacted me and told me you required some PHP assistance.
              > Thus.. here I am :)
              >
              > As I understand there is an issue with the parsing of the RSS somewhere in
              > the site? Can you please explain the nature of the issue?

              Yes! So we have two pages that display information from RSS feeds:

              http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/02_news.php
              http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/03_get_pcgen.php

              The news in particular is not looking great (the links etc should be
              displayed in raw text for example) but I think I also put in a nasty hack to
              get the downloads outputting reasonable information. This is all due to the
              RSS feeds having changed their information somewhat.

              It's all PHP driven (parsing the RSS feed and displaying the results) and we
              lost our original developer a long time ago so we're looking for someone
              familiar with PHP to fix it up :). From what I can tell the PHP code is
              fairly minimal and well laid out etc, so hopefully it won't require a
              herculean effort to

              There'd be no rush/pressure on the job (we're all volunteers here)

              > If you would like to receive some background information, please ask. I
              > have explicitly not included that for brevity (and to prevent boredom ;)).

              I think I can trust you over my PHP skills (none) :).

              So if you feel like this is up your alley then perhaps we can arrange an IRC
              chat and access to the code etc?

              Thanks again

              Thanks - K