Barding Proficiencies?

    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 19, 2010
      Hi,

      Is there any reason we don't have any method to use Barding for Mounts?

      I can't find any Feat or ability that grants Barding Proficiency, and I noted the barding is split
      by the same - light, medium, heavy categories. The Cavalier Mount says it gets Light Armor
      Proficiency. I think we should simply link Barding to the Appropriate Proficiencies. Can a
      Pathfinder guru comment on this. Thanks.

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 28, 2010
        Bump :)

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 1 1:43 AM
          Hi,

          Bah, skipping the bump and sending direct to the Guru who set it up :P

          Stefan we need to address this before the release of RC1

          On 9/28/2010 8:38 AM, Martijn Verburg wrote:
          > Bump :)
          >
          > On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 4:13 AM, Andrew Maitland<drew0500@...> wrote:
          >

          >> Hi,
          >>
          >> Is there any reason we don't have any method to use Barding for Mounts?
          >>
          >> I can't find any Feat or ability that grants Barding Proficiency, and I
          >> noted the barding is split
          >> by the same - light, medium, heavy categories. The Cavalier Mount says it
          >> gets Light Armor
          >> Proficiency. I think we should simply link Barding to the Appropriate
          >> Proficiencies. Can a
          >> Pathfinder guru comment on this. Thanks.
          >>
          >> --
          >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          >> Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
          >> Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

          > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

          Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

        • George
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 3 5:26 PM
            Aren't the barding proficiencies tied to being "Trained for War?"

            Cheers,

            Sir George Anonymous

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 3 5:29 PM
              Hi,

              Well, considering I coded up those, and you'd think you would have the correct feats for those, I
              might agree...

              However, there is NO where I can find that grants the Proficiencies to use Barding for any creature.

              On 10/3/2010 5:26 PM, George wrote:
              > Aren't the barding proficiencies tied to being "Trained for War?"
              >
              > Cheers,
              >
              > Sir George Anonymous
              >
              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland<drew0500@...> wrote:
              >> Hi,
              >>
              >> Bah, skipping the bump and sending direct to the Guru who set it up :P
              >>
              >> Stefan we need to address this before the release of RC1
              >>
              >> On 9/28/2010 8:38 AM, Martijn Verburg wrote:
              >>> Bump :)

              >>> Related Lists

              >>> Yahoo! Groups Links
              >>>

              >> --
              >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
              >> Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
              >> Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

              > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

              Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

            • Joe Medica
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 7 11:37 AM
                Was this added to the new release? I also noted this. I think I manually
                created this in the List Editor for the one time I needed it.

                Joe Medica

                Yahoo: cellowyn2
                AOL IM: JoeMedica1031

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 8 9:51 AM
                  Hi Joe,

                  With regards to what exactly? There are a few things floating around in
                  this thread :)

                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 8 3:53 PM
                    Sorry Martijn: regarding barding proficiencies.

                    Joe Medica
                    570-294-2547

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 8 4:39 PM
                      Hi,

                      Okay, reviewing this, the feats are granting the proficiency, but I think the animals weren't
                      getting them. I'll have to look deeper...

                      Problem when you bring things up, tracking back to what brought it up in the first place.

                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 8 6:19 PM
                        My bad. I will be more specific in the future.

                        Joe Medica

                        Yahoo: cellowyn2
                        AOL IM: JoeMedica1031