Pathfinder APG - Cavalier Special Qualities Problem

  • scrizdog
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 16, 2010
      I am creating a 4th level cavalier using the APG files that are being worked on.

      I've noticed that the description for the 3rd level Special Quality "Cavalier's Charge" is incorrect. In the middle of the description it switches to the end of the description for the 4th level special quality "Expert Trainer". I do not see that the Expert trainer shows up as a special quality at all at 4th level.

      Also, I am seeing Special Qualities appear on my character that I am not sufficient level for yet. I am 4th level and have "Moment of Triumph" and "Steal Glory" already.

      I also have a problem with my mount. I dont know if i have created it correctly or not. I chose mount under the equipment resources menu and created an Pony animal companion. I dont know how to specify that this is a cavalier's companion and not a druid or ranger. I should get light armor proficieny and combat trained on the mount automatically as well as the evasion and link that comes with a druid companion. The cavalier's mount does not receive share spells however. I do not see any of this appear on my pony (im a gnome) mount. Any help in creating this mount correctly would be appreciated.

      I hope this helps to iron out a few bugs.

      Thank You
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 16, 2010

        Thanks for the report. The Beta Test Set is just that, buggy. I'm working at a frantic pace to get
        the vast majority in for the people who must have it now, available. I didn't even realize the
        Cavalier has a special mount. Hm... Which is why that's broken.

        I'll need to look at the orders, as that sounds like the order selections.

        Fixed the Expert Trainer and bad description though.

        On 9/16/2010 11:01 PM, scrizdog wrote:
        > Hi,
        > I am creating a 4th level cavalier using the APG files that are being worked on.
        >
        > I've noticed that the description for the 3rd level Special Quality "Cavalier's Charge" is incorrect. In the middle of the description it switches to the end of the description for the 4th level special quality "Expert Trainer". I do not see that the Expert trainer shows up as a special quality at all at 4th level.
        >
        > Also, I am seeing Special Qualities appear on my character that I am not sufficient level for yet. I am 4th level and have "Moment of Triumph" and "Steal Glory" already.
        >
        > I also have a problem with my mount. I dont know if i have created it correctly or not. I chose mount under the equipment resources menu and created an Pony animal companion. I dont know how to specify that this is a cavalier's companion and not a druid or ranger. I should get light armor proficieny and combat trained on the mount automatically as well as the evasion and link that comes with a druid companion. The cavalier's mount does not receive share spells however. I do not see any of this appear on my pony (im a gnome) mount. Any help in creating this mount correctly would be appreciated.
        >
        > I hope this helps to iron out a few bugs.
        >
        > Thank You

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 17, 2010

          Okay, grab the latest version, it should be working better.

          Completed: At revision: 13015

          On 9/16/2010 11:19 PM, Andrew Maitland wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > Thanks for the report. The Beta Test Set is just that, buggy. I'm working at a frantic pace to get
          > the vast majority in for the people who must have it now, available. I didn't even realize the
          > Cavalier has a special mount. Hm... Which is why that's broken.
          >
          > I'll need to look at the orders, as that sounds like the order selections.
          >
          > Fixed the Expert Trainer and bad description though.
          >

          > On 9/16/2010 11:01 PM, scrizdog wrote:
          >> Hi,
          >> I am creating a 4th level cavalier using the APG files that are being worked on.
          >>
          >> I've noticed that the description for the 3rd level Special Quality "Cavalier's Charge" is incorrect. In the middle of the description it switches to the end of the description for the 4th level special quality "Expert Trainer". I do not see that the Expert trainer shows up as a special quality at all at 4th level.
          >>
          >> Also, I am seeing Special Qualities appear on my character that I am not sufficient level for yet. I am 4th level and have "Moment of Triumph" and "Steal Glory" already.
          >>
          >> I also have a problem with my mount. I dont know if i have created it correctly or not. I chose mount under the equipment resources menu and created an Pony animal companion. I dont know how to specify that this is a cavalier's companion and not a druid or ranger. I should get light armor proficieny and combat trained on the mount automatically as well as the evasion and link that comes with a druid companion. The cavalier's mount does not receive share spells however. I do not see any of this appear on my pony (im a gnome) mount. Any help in creating this mount correctly would be appreciated.
          >>
          >> I hope this helps to iron out a few bugs.
          >>
          >> Thank You

          >> Related Lists
          >> PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

          >> Yahoo! Groups Links

          Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

        • no_turdage_for_you
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 25
            This problem has started up again. Not sure when. Everything else seems to work for the Cavalier except Expert Trainer.