APG Updates for 9/14

    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 14 9:13 PM
      Hi Testers,

      As of revision: 12998

      APG now has the following Archetypes:

      * Barbarian,
      * Bard,
      * Druid,
      * Rogue

      Core Fixes:

      * CHOOSE:SPELLS won't throw an error any longer [Resolved for both 5.16 and trunk]
      * Unconstructed Reference to EQMOD BROKEA2 is fixed.

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 15 6:57 PM

        Okay, some improvements to the Set:
        as Requested on PCGen Experimental, I've added the Ranger Combat Styles.
        Wizard Elemental Schools are partially up - the subsequent abilities are not currently up and
        working yet (They exist I just haven't linked them).

        I'm working my way through the rest of the Archetypes:
        Cleric, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Sorcerer [Bloodlines] and the remaining Wizard stuff.

        Remember these are bulk uploads, they aren't cleaned up yet.

        Oh and Cave Druid is fixed. No Woodland Stride for a replacement ability.

        On 9/14/2010 9:13 PM, Andrew Maitland wrote:
        > Hi Testers,
        >
        > As of revision: 12998
        >

        > APG now has the following Archetypes:
        >
        > * Barbarian,
        > * Bard,
        > * Druid,
        > * Rogue
        >

        > Core Fixes:
        >
        > * CHOOSE:SPELLS won't throw an error any longer [Resolved for both 5.16 and trunk]
        > * Unconstructed Reference to EQMOD BROKEA2 is fixed.
        >
        > Cheers,

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 20 8:59 PM

          Fighter Archetypes are up.

          It's going to take a little more finagling to get it working right, but the basics are ready for play.

          On 9/15/2010 6:57 PM, Andrew Maitland wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > Okay, some improvements to the Set:
          > as Requested on PCGen Experimental, I've added the Ranger Combat Styles.
          > Wizard Elemental Schools are partially up - the subsequent abilities are not currently up and
          > working yet (They exist I just haven't linked them).
          >
          > I'm working my way through the rest of the Archetypes:
          > Cleric, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Sorcerer [Bloodlines] and the remaining Wizard stuff.
          >
          > Remember these are bulk uploads, they aren't cleaned up yet.
          >
          > Oh and Cave Druid is fixed. No Woodland Stride for a replacement ability.
          >

          > On 9/14/2010 9:13 PM, Andrew Maitland wrote:
          >> Hi Testers,
          >>
          >> As of revision: 12998
          >>

          >> APG now has the following Archetypes:
          >>
          >> * Barbarian,
          >> * Bard,
          >> * Druid,
          >> * Rogue
          >>

          >> Core Fixes:
          >>
          >> * CHOOSE:SPELLS won't throw an error any longer [Resolved for both 5.16 and trunk]
          >> * Unconstructed Reference to EQMOD BROKEA2 is fixed.
          >>
          >> Cheers,

          Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 21 7:45 PM

            Completed: At revision: 13069

            Only Archetypes left are Cleric and Sorcerer.

            This is a massive bulk update with basics. Please hammer hard and let me know what needs to be
            updated, or isn't working.

            For this update you'll need to grab a Core Update as well. I expect the Ranger to need a bunch more
            work.

            And yes, Spelling errors are very much expected. Point out any you find (Reference by Class and
            Ability Name please if known)

            F_L seems to be a common issue. Anyways, I figured the update and getting it into the tester hands
            earlier than later was a good idea. I will be correcting typos, and any mistakes I find as I go.

            Added today:
            Ranger
            Monk
            Paladin

            Left to do:
            Cleric Subdomains
            Sorcerer Bloodlines

            On 9/20/2010 8:59 PM, Andrew Maitland wrote:
            > Hi,
            >
            > Fighter Archetypes are up.
            >
            > It's going to take a little more finagling to get it working right, but the basics are ready for play.
            >

            > On 9/15/2010 6:57 PM, Andrew Maitland wrote:
            >> Hi,
            >>
            >> Okay, some improvements to the Set:
            >> as Requested on PCGen Experimental, I've added the Ranger Combat Styles.
            >> Wizard Elemental Schools are partially up - the subsequent abilities are not currently up and
            >> working yet (They exist I just haven't linked them).
            >>
            >> I'm working my way through the rest of the Archetypes:
            >> Cleric, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Sorcerer [Bloodlines] and the remaining Wizard stuff.
            >>
            >> Remember these are bulk uploads, they aren't cleaned up yet.
            >>
            >> Oh and Cave Druid is fixed. No Woodland Stride for a replacement ability.
            >>

            >> On 9/14/2010 9:13 PM, Andrew Maitland wrote:
            >>> Hi Testers,
            >>>
            >>> As of revision: 12998
            >>>

            >>> APG now has the following Archetypes:
            >>>
            >>> * Barbarian,
            >>> * Bard,
            >>> * Druid,
            >>> * Rogue
            >>>

            >>> Core Fixes:
            >>>
            >>> * CHOOSE:SPELLS won't throw an error any longer [Resolved for both 5.16 and trunk]
            >>> * Unconstructed Reference to EQMOD BROKEA2 is fixed.
            >>>
            >>> Cheers,

            Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 23 1:27 AM

              Cleric Subdomains are up and ready for testing.

              [Fixed] Ranger Combat Styles - was missing the correct vars - this will require additional work, but
              it should be working for the present
              [Fixed] PRECLASS missing from a few Archetypes allowing the incorrect Archetypes to be selected.
              [To Do] For the future all Archetypes will have a PRECLASS of at least 1 on the abilities as well to
              prevent incorrect abilities from being applied to the character.

              Only Bloodlines are left in the pipe.

              Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 24 3:31 PM

                Sorcerer Bloodlines are now enabled. This concludes the massive effort of bulk inclusion for the
                classes section of the APG. There is still a LOT of touch up in the descriptions that need to be done.

                Next on the To Do List -
                Add the Summoner Updates provided to me by a user Gjorbjord aka Chris (I can never spell it right
                unless I'm looking at it)
                Feats - Add Descriptions, Benefits, and any bonuses.

                For whatever reason, I'm dead tired... Uhg, nap time.

                All we're missing are the prestige class abilities, beyond that, I think the rest is review,
                correct, and test.

                The nice thing, I've met my personal deadline for getting this finished by the weekend.

                I'll be getting things cleaned up, and doing a prettyLST run here not to long after I'm happy with
                the clean up effort. Good news, we're almost done folks.

                Please ramp up those tests and report everything to me when you can.

                Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

              • therealdraconite
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 29 1:52 AM
                  Stupid question: where can I download the APG supplement files so that I can test them?

                  > Sorcerer Bloodlines are now enabled. This concludes the massive effort of bulk inclusion for the
                  > classes section of the APG. There is still a LOT of touch up in the descriptions that need to be done.
                  >
                  > Next on the To Do List -
                  > Add the Summoner Updates provided to me by a user Gjorbjord aka Chris (I can never spell it right
                  > unless I'm looking at it)
                  > Feats - Add Descriptions, Benefits, and any bonuses.
                  >
                  > For whatever reason, I'm dead tired... Uhg, nap time.
                  >
                  > All we're missing are the prestige class abilities, beyond that, I think the rest is review,
                  > correct, and test.
                  >
                  > The nice thing, I've met my personal deadline for getting this finished by the weekend.
                  >
                  > I'll be getting things cleaned up, and doing a prettyLST run here not to long after I'm happy with
                  > the clean up effort. Good news, we're almost done folks.
                  >
                  > Please ramp up those tests and report everything to me when you can.
                  >

                  > On 9/23/2010 1:27 AM, Andrew Maitland wrote:
                  > > Hi,
                  > >
                  > > Cleric Subdomains are up and ready for testing.
                  > >
                  > > [Fixed] Ranger Combat Styles - was missing the correct vars - this will require additional work, but
                  > > it should be working for the present
                  > > [Fixed] PRECLASS missing from a few Archetypes allowing the incorrect Archetypes to be selected.
                  > > [To Do] For the future all Archetypes will have a PRECLASS of at least 1 on the abilities as well to
                  > > prevent incorrect abilities from being applied to the character.
                  > >
                  > > Only Bloodlines are left in the pipe.
                  > >

                  > > On 9/21/2010 7:45 PM, Andrew Maitland wrote:
                  > >> Hi,
                  > >>
                  > >> Completed: At revision: 13069
                  > >>
                  > >> Only Archetypes left are Cleric and Sorcerer.
                  > >>
                  > >> This is a massive bulk update with basics. Please hammer hard and let me know what needs to be
                  > >> updated, or isn't working.
                  > >>
                  > >> For this update you'll need to grab a Core Update as well. I expect the Ranger to need a bunch more
                  > >> work.
                  > >>
                  > >> And yes, Spelling errors are very much expected. Point out any you find (Reference by Class and
                  > >> Ability Name please if known)
                  > >>
                  > >> F_L seems to be a common issue. Anyways, I figured the update and getting it into the tester hands
                  > >> earlier than later was a good idea. I will be correcting typos, and any mistakes I find as I go.
                  > >>
                  > >> Added today:
                  > >> Ranger
                  > >> Monk
                  > >> Paladin
                  > >>
                  > >> Left to do:
                  > >> Cleric Subdomains
                  > >> Sorcerer Bloodlines

                  > --
                  > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                  > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
                  > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

                • James Dempsey
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 29 1:58 AM

                    On 29/09/2010 6:52 PM therealdraconite wrote
                    > Stupid question: where can I download the APG supplement files so that I can test them?
                    Either see http://wiki.pcgen.org/Beta_Testers_for_Testing or wait until
                    5.16.4 RC1 is released in the next week or so. That build will include
                    the APG files and probably be the easiest way to kick the tyres and give
                    us feedback.

                    Cheers,
                    James.
                  • Michael
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 29 7:29 AM
                      So far I found the APG feat Focused Shot does not have anything no Prerequisites no description. so i looked at the lst file and found it was not done for most of the feats.

                      I'm good at the Prerequisites tags and the syntax for the DESC: tag
                      so if there is a way for me to help I would like to. I work unlike some of the people I play the game with so have a little time to write.

                      -Thanks!

                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 29 9:19 AM

                        Yes, the feats are pretty much placeholders. It's been put back on my plate. I'll be going through
                        those today, tomorrow and however long it takes.

                        At this point, everything is in place, it's just filling in the blanks and making it all nice and
                        pretty.

                        On 9/29/2010 7:29 AM, Michael wrote:
                        > So far I found the APG feat Focused Shot does not have anything no Prerequisites no description. so i looked at the lst file and found it was not done for most of the feats.
                        >
                        > I'm good at the Prerequisites tags and the syntax for the DESC: tag
                        > so if there is a way for me to help I would like to. I work unlike some of the people I play the game with so have a little time to write.
                        >
                        > -Thanks!
                        >
                        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey<jdempsey@...> wrote:
                        >> Hi,
                        >>
                        >> On 29/09/2010 6:52 PM therealdraconite wrote
                        >>> Stupid question: where can I download the APG supplement files so that I can test them?
                        >> Either see http://wiki.pcgen.org/Beta_Testers_for_Testing or wait until
                        >> 5.16.4 RC1 is released in the next week or so. That build will include
                        >> the APG files and probably be the easiest way to kick the tyres and give
                        >> us feedback.
                        >>
                        >> Cheers,
                        >> James.

                        > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/