CAMPAIGN release of PCGen

  • mocha@mcs.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2001
      I added support for CAMPAIGNS - I'll write a post tomorrow detailing
      it (and adding it to the readme.html). Basically a CAMPAIGN:list
      is available in most lst files (race,class,skill,feat,spell,deity,
      domain,weapons and equipment). The campaigns are defined in a new
      lst file named campaign.lst. You can select more than 1 campaign
      to view, and if there are no relevant items in a particular selection
      of campaigns you will see all items (no filter). Items can be viewed
      in a campaign if it exists in the campaign.lst file or if the
      the campaign's name is found in the item's CAMPAIGN:list. This
      way it's easy to share campaigns - just copy the relevent section
      from the campaign.lst file and send it to your friend. I'll be a lot
      clearer tomorrow after some sleep. In the campaign.lst file you
      specify the campaign this way
      CAMPAIGN:name
      the other lines available are:
      RACE:list
      CLASS:list
      FEAT:list
      SKILL:list
      DEITY:list
      DOMAIN:list
      EQUIPMENT:list
      WEAPONPROF:list

      I just noticed that when I have characters loaded, the Combat tab
      remains blank, so I must have broken something. I'll fix that
      tomorrow - I wanted to get this release out since I know several of
      you have been waiting on it. Enjoy!

      -Bryan

      ps my machine here has a timestamp of December still, so that's why
      the timestamps are off. I suppose I should correct that as well. ;)
    • jodasi@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 9, 2001
        i found pcgen thru a url. I downloaded it and lost the link. What is
        the home page for it?