Re: [pcgen] Proper protocol for asking for help...

  • Martijn Verburg
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 7, 2010
      Hi there,

      Yes the same rules apply, but we're a little more forgiving to first timers
      :), Iron Kingdoms, I forget its permissioning status, I think you can look
      this up in our wiki and/or the PCGen docs

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 7, 2010

        Answer to #1 - We've eased up on the restrictions. A user may ask for help any way they want, we
        encourage people to be ambiguous when asking about closed sources, but we won't get on your case if
        you don't. The responders will normally reply in the ambiguous format though. If it's a coding
        question, we do ask that the question go on the List File Help Yahoo group.

        Answer to #2 - I don't believe we have any Iron Kingdoms in the repository. Eric Smith would know if
        they've been approached for permission to include their materials. Or you can visit the wiki
        <wiki.pcgen.org> and look up the permission status by publishers name.

        Cheers,

        On 9/7/2010 6:54 AM, E.q.b wrote:
        > Ok, so at one time there was a restriction in place on how you could ask for help, required to couch it in terms that were ... ambiguous as to source materials... is that still the case?
        >

        > and in a somewhat related note, do we have permission/data sets for Iron Kingdoms? I didn't see them in my data directories, but I might have missed them.
        >
        > Thanks,

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

      • Maredudd
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 7, 2010
          Hi Folks!

          E.q.b wrote:

          > Ok, so at one time there was a restriction in place on how
          > you could ask for help, required to couch it in terms that
          > were ... ambiguous as to source materials... is that still
          > the case?
          >
          > and in a somewhat related note, do we have permission/data
          > sets for Iron Kingdoms? I didn't see them in my data directories,
          > but I might have missed them.

          The publisher has been approached and as of this time has refrained from giving us permission to include data sets based upon their material.

          Eric Smith
          PR Silverback
          PCGen Board of Directors
        • E.q.b
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 7, 2010
            *snip original text*

            Ok, fair enough, the only thing we're using really out of IK is the Gunmage and some of the supporting feats, I can probably spit those out easily if there's nothing horrifically unusual about them,

            Thanks for all the answers.

            Ed
          • Maredudd
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 7, 2010
              Hi Ed,

              E.q.b wrote:

              > *snip original text*
              > >
              > Ok, fair enough, the only thing we're using really out of
              > IK is the Gunmage and some of the supporting feats, I can
              > probably spit those out easily if there's nothing horrifically
              > unusual about them,
              >
              > Thanks for all the answers.

              No problem. Head on over to PCGenListFileHelp and you'll find
              lots of folks willing to answer LST questions to help you.

              Maredudd
            • Paul
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 8, 2010
                Where was a monkey working on it and has uploaded the work that he had done (regrettably quite a while ago) to the PCGen Experimental forum. Also some work was started on the Liber Mechanika.