Re: [pcgen] Re: Partially replacing Rage, OS

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 7 7:00 AM

      Yeah, that should be handled better. We do have the template engine work that Stefan is working on.
      Hopefully we can use that to improve this.

      On 9/7/2010 6:36 AM, herzogaldilkassach wrote:
      > Thanks, I found it.
      >
      > For reference, I changed my base.xml 'rage' section to:
      >
      > |%VAR.RageTimes.GTEQ.1| <!-- If character can Rage -->
      > <rage>
      > |FOR,%specialattack,0,count("ABILITIES","CATEGORY=Special Ability","VISIBILITY=DEFAULT[or]VISIBILITY=OUTPUT_ONLY","NAME=Rage")-1,1,0|
      > <name>BARBARIAN RAGE</name>
      > <uses_per_day>|VAR.RageTimes.INTVAL|</uses_per_day>
      > <description>|ABILITYALL.Special Ability.VISIBLE.%specialattack.TYPE=SpecialAttack.DESC|</description>
      > |ENDFOR|
      > |FOR,%specialattack,0,count("ABILITIES","CATEGORY=Special Ability","VISIBILITY=DEFAULT[or]VISIBILITY=OUTPUT_ONLY","NAME=Whirling Frenzy")-1,1,0|
      > <name>BARBARIAN WHIRLING FRENZY</name>
      > <uses_per_day>|VAR.RageTimes.INTVAL|</uses_per_day>
      > <description>|ABILITYALL.Special Ability.VISIBLE.%specialattack.TYPE=SpecialAttack.DESC|</description>
      > |ENDFOR|
      > </rage>
      > |%| <!-- Character Rage -->
      >
      > And I changed the fantasy_master_std.xslt rage part to:
      >
      > <!--
      > ====================================
      > ====================================
      > TEMPLATE - RAGE
      > ====================================
      > ====================================-->
      > <xsl:template match="rage">
      > <xsl:call-template name="class.feature.perday">
      > <xsl:with-param name="attribute" select="'rage'"/>
      > <xsl:with-param name="name" select="name"/>
      > <xsl:with-param name="uses" select="uses_per_day"/>
      > <xsl:with-param name="description" select="description"/>
      > </xsl:call-template>
      > </xsl:template>
      >
      > This works (for me at least) although I find it a bit silly that I can't access the ability directly. (unless I'm missing something, then please correct me)
      >
      > The descriptions are now rather short, but that can (and should) be changed in the abilities themselves I guess.
      >

      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck"<pcgen2006@...> wrote:
      >> The Rage description is hard-coded in base.xml. Just search it for Rage, and you'll find it. That really should get fixed, and it really should use a description that comes from the lst data.
      >>
      >> Chuck
      >>
      >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "herzogaldilkassach"<herzogaldilkassach@> wrote:
      >>> I have created an Alternate Class Feature from UA, the Whirling Frenzy, that replaces the Barbarian Rage.
      >>>
      >>> The barbarian gets different bonusses, but the progression remains the same.
      >>> Therefore, I have replaced the Barbarian Rage Ability with the Whirling Frenzy ability, but left the Rage ability intact.
      >>>
      >>> That works, except I still get the original rage=description on the front of the pdf export output sheet.
      >>>
      >>> How do I get the new description (present in the Whiring Frenzy ability) in there?
      >>>
      >>> These are the (relevant) changes I have made:
      >>>
      >>> phb_classes_base.lst:
      >>> CLASS:Barbarian.MOD
      >>> 1<TAB>ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Barbarian Rage|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Barbarian ACF Cancel Barbarian Rage
      >>> 14<TAB>ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|.CLEAR.Indomitable Will
      >>> 14<TAB>ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Indomitable Will|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Barbarian ACF Cancel Indomitable Will
      >>>
      >>> ua_alternate_class_abilities.lst:
      >>> Whirling Frenzy<TAB>CATEGORY:Special Ability<TAB>TYPE:SpecialAttack.Extraordinary.ACF<TAB>COST:0<TAB>SOURCEPAGE:66<TAB>PREABILITY:2,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Rage,Barbarian Rage<TAB>ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Barbarian ACF Cancel Rage|Barbarian ACF Cancel Indomitable Will<TAB><TAB>VISIBLE:YES<TAB>DEFINE:RageTimes|0<TAB>DEFINE:RageDuration|0<TAB>DEFINE:RageStrBonus|0<TAB>DEFINE:RageACBonus|0<TAB>DEFINE:RageRefBonus|0<TAB>DEFINE:Enraged|0<TAB>DEFINE:RageBonus|4<TAB>DESC:%1 times/day (%2 rounds)|RageTimes|RageDuration|PREVARGT:RageTimes,0|PREVARLT:GreaterRage,1<TAB>DESC:Greater Whirling Frenzy, %1 times/day (%2 rounds)|RageTimes|RageDuration|PREMULT:2,[PREVARGTEQ:GreaterRage,1],[PREVARLT:TirelessRage,1]<TAB>DESC:Tireless Whirling Frenzy, %1 times/day without fatigue (%2 rounds)|RageTimes|RageDuration|PREMULT:2,[PREVARGTEQ:TirelessRage,1],[PREVARLT:MightyRage,1]<TAB>DESC:Mighty Whirling Frenzy, %1 times/day without fatigue (%2 rounds)|RageTimes|RageDuration|PREVARGTEQ:MightyRage,1<TAB>DESC:Bonuses when in a whirling frenzy (STR +%1, AC +%2, Ref +%3)|RageStrBonus|RageACBonus|RageRefBonus<TAB>DESC:May make one extra attack in a round at highest attack bonus, taking a -2 on all attacks for one round.<TAB>DESC:You gain evasion, but only while in a whirling frenzy|PRECLASS:1,Barbarian=14<TAB>BONUS:CHECKS|Reflex|RageRefBonus|TYPE=Dodge|PREAPPLY:PC<TAB>BONUS:COMBAT|AC|RageACBonus|TYPE=Dodge|PREAPPLY:PC<TAB>BONUS:STAT|STR|RageStrBonus|PREAPPLY:PC<TAB>BONUS:VAR|RageDuration|CON+3<TAB>BONUS:VAR|RageStrBonus|RageBonus<TAB>BONUS:VAR|RageACBonus|(RageBonus/2)<TAB>BONUS:VAR|RageRefBonus|(RageBonus/2)<TAB>BONUS:VAR|Enraged|1|PREAPPLY:PC<TAB>BONUS:VAR|RageBonus|2|PREVARGTEQ:GreaterRage,1<TAB>BONUS:VAR|RageBonus|2|PREVARGTEQ:MightyRage,1<TAB>ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Evasion|PRECLASS:1,Barbarian=14

      > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin