Re: Partially replacing Rage, OS

  • Chuck
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 7, 2010
      The Rage description is hard-coded in base.xml. Just search it for Rage, and you'll find it. That really should get fixed, and it really should use a description that comes from the lst data.

      Chuck

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "herzogaldilkassach" <herzogaldilkassach@...> wrote:

      > I have created an Alternate Class Feature from UA, the Whirling Frenzy, that replaces the Barbarian Rage.
      >
      > The barbarian gets different bonusses, but the progression remains the same.
      > Therefore, I have replaced the Barbarian Rage Ability with the Whirling Frenzy ability, but left the Rage ability intact.
      >
      > That works, except I still get the original rage=description on the front of the pdf export output sheet.
      >
      > How do I get the new description (present in the Whiring Frenzy ability) in there?
      >
      > These are the (relevant) changes I have made:
      >
      > phb_classes_base.lst:
      > CLASS:Barbarian.MOD
      > 1<TAB>ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Barbarian Rage|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Barbarian ACF Cancel Barbarian Rage
      > 14<TAB>ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|.CLEAR.Indomitable Will
      > 14<TAB>ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Indomitable Will|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Barbarian ACF Cancel Indomitable Will
      >
      > ua_alternate_class_abilities.lst:
      > Whirling Frenzy<TAB>CATEGORY:Special Ability<TAB>TYPE:SpecialAttack.Extraordinary.ACF<TAB>COST:0<TAB>SOURCEPAGE:66<TAB>PREABILITY:2,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Rage,Barbarian Rage<TAB>ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Barbarian ACF Cancel Rage|Barbarian ACF Cancel Indomitable Will<TAB><TAB>VISIBLE:YES<TAB>DEFINE:RageTimes|0<TAB>DEFINE:RageDuration|0<TAB>DEFINE:RageStrBonus|0<TAB>DEFINE:RageACBonus|0<TAB>DEFINE:RageRefBonus|0<TAB>DEFINE:Enraged|0<TAB>DEFINE:RageBonus|4<TAB>DESC:%1 times/day (%2 rounds)|RageTimes|RageDuration|PREVARGT:RageTimes,0|PREVARLT:GreaterRage,1<TAB>DESC:Greater Whirling Frenzy, %1 times/day (%2 rounds)|RageTimes|RageDuration|PREMULT:2,[PREVARGTEQ:GreaterRage,1],[PREVARLT:TirelessRage,1]<TAB>DESC:Tireless Whirling Frenzy, %1 times/day without fatigue (%2 rounds)|RageTimes|RageDuration|PREMULT:2,[PREVARGTEQ:TirelessRage,1],[PREVARLT:MightyRage,1]<TAB>DESC:Mighty Whirling Frenzy, %1 times/day without fatigue (%2 rounds)|RageTimes|RageDuration|PREVARGTEQ:MightyRage,1<TAB>DESC:Bonuses when in a whirling frenzy (STR +%1, AC +%2, Ref +%3)|RageStrBonus|RageACBonus|RageRefBonus<TAB>DESC:May make one extra attack in a round at highest attack bonus, taking a -2 on all attacks for one round.<TAB>DESC:You gain evasion, but only while in a whirling frenzy|PRECLASS:1,Barbarian=14<TAB>BONUS:CHECKS|Reflex|RageRefBonus|TYPE=Dodge|PREAPPLY:PC<TAB>BONUS:COMBAT|AC|RageACBonus|TYPE=Dodge|PREAPPLY:PC<TAB>BONUS:STAT|STR|RageStrBonus|PREAPPLY:PC<TAB>BONUS:VAR|RageDuration|CON+3<TAB>BONUS:VAR|RageStrBonus|RageBonus<TAB>BONUS:VAR|RageACBonus|(RageBonus/2)<TAB>BONUS:VAR|RageRefBonus|(RageBonus/2)<TAB>BONUS:VAR|Enraged|1|PREAPPLY:PC<TAB>BONUS:VAR|RageBonus|2|PREVARGTEQ:GreaterRage,1<TAB>BONUS:VAR|RageBonus|2|PREVARGTEQ:MightyRage,1<TAB>ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Evasion|PRECLASS:1,Barbarian=14

    • herzogaldilkassach
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 7, 2010
        Thanks, I found it.

        For reference, I changed my base.xml 'rage' section to:

        |%VAR.RageTimes.GTEQ.1| <!-- If character can Rage -->
        <rage>
        |FOR,%specialattack,0,count("ABILITIES","CATEGORY=Special Ability","VISIBILITY=DEFAULT[or]VISIBILITY=OUTPUT_ONLY","NAME=Rage")-1,1,0|
        <name>BARBARIAN RAGE</name>
        <uses_per_day>|VAR.RageTimes.INTVAL|</uses_per_day>
        <description>|ABILITYALL.Special Ability.VISIBLE.%specialattack.TYPE=SpecialAttack.DESC|</description>
        |ENDFOR|
        |FOR,%specialattack,0,count("ABILITIES","CATEGORY=Special Ability","VISIBILITY=DEFAULT[or]VISIBILITY=OUTPUT_ONLY","NAME=Whirling Frenzy")-1,1,0|
        <name>BARBARIAN WHIRLING FRENZY</name>
        <uses_per_day>|VAR.RageTimes.INTVAL|</uses_per_day>
        <description>|ABILITYALL.Special Ability.VISIBLE.%specialattack.TYPE=SpecialAttack.DESC|</description>
        |ENDFOR|
        </rage>
        |%| <!-- Character Rage -->

        And I changed the fantasy_master_std.xslt rage part to:

        <!--
        ====================================
        ====================================
        TEMPLATE - RAGE
        ====================================
        ====================================-->
        <xsl:template match="rage">
        <xsl:call-template name="class.feature.perday">
        <xsl:with-param name="attribute" select="'rage'"/>
        <xsl:with-param name="name" select="name"/>
        <xsl:with-param name="uses" select="uses_per_day"/>
        <xsl:with-param name="description" select="description"/>
        </xsl:call-template>
        </xsl:template>

        This works (for me at least) although I find it a bit silly that I can't access the ability directly. (unless I'm missing something, then please correct me)

        The descriptions are now rather short, but that can (and should) be changed in the abilities themselves I guess.

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 7, 2010

          Yeah, that should be handled better. We do have the template engine work that Stefan is working on.
          Hopefully we can use that to improve this.

          Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin