Question...

  • Ian Chevalier
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 6, 2010
      Please forgive me if this has been asked before but is there a stable Dataset for the Pathfinder: Advanced Player's Guide yet? Also, what stable dataset for PCGen will let you choose a Wraith as the character's race?
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 6, 2010
        Hi Ian,

        Answer #1 -
        Short Answer: Not currently.
        Long detailed Answer: It's being worked on and due to the many variants and such requiring a lot of
        work on the core sets it's not as speedy as some of the other sets we put out [I've spent a quarter
        of my time changing the core files to allow the APG to work correctly]. Only those community
        volunteers interested in messy around with the in-progress buggy version and giving tester feed-back
        have access to the APG Set. I've haven't gotten too many complaints from the testers, so they must
        be happy so far with what they have. I'm hoping to be done sooner than later, but last guess was a
        month before it's ready. Just really depends how much time I have to code it and how much I have to
        tear apart in the core set. If this helps, all the classes, including the Antipaladin are done;
        feats are entered but need to be fleshed out; equipment is almost done; and I've gotten the
        Barbarian Alternate Archetype Packages finished, leaving all the rest of the Archetypes to be dealt
        with; The Favored Class Mechanism needs to be addressed and finally the Racial Traits are done and
        working.

        Answer #2 - I'm not aware the Wraith was a 'character' race, but any set that includes the wraith
        can (In theory and GM's permission) be used as a character race. The sets I know of that have a
        wraith race - srd (3e), rsrd (3.5e), pathfinder bestiary. I'm sure there are plenty others, but I'm
        not going to search through all our data sets for wraiths and the various variants.
        Let me also say, any "monster race" can be used as a character race. Nothing prevents you from doing
        so. If you want to set up a "wraith" as a playable race cause the existing ones won't do it for you,
        then ask what you'll need over on the List File Help group. Myself and a few other monkeys will be
        available to assist you if you need it. <link in the footer>

        Cheers,

        On 9/6/2010 7:28 PM, Ian Chevalier wrote:
        > Please forgive me if this has been asked before but is there a stable Dataset for the Pathfinder: Advanced Player's Guide yet? Also, what stable dataset for PCGen will let you choose a Wraith as the character's race?

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

      • John Bauldree
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 7, 2010
          I am Using PCGEN 5163
          Source: 3.5 RSRD

          I create a Ranger @ level 8/NG/Human
          I give him 15 in every stat

          I then select Monitor Lizard as his Animal Companion and switch over to the companion sheet.

          under feats and abilities I go to class features and I see that I can only select 3 Animal Tricks. As a normal animal with a 1 INT it can have 3 Animal tricks. When it is an Animal Companion EL 1 it should get +1 Bonus Trick (EL3 gets +2, EL6 gets +6... )

          am I missing something?

          Thanks,
          John

        • Ian Chevalier
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 7, 2010
            LOL. Well, I don't really want to play a Wraith. Rather, I want to introduce a Dire Wraith (aka a Pathfinder Bestiary Wraith with the Advanced and Giant templates) with 15 Levels of Antipaladin. Would make for a truly epic villain no? ^_~
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 7, 2010
              Yes, very epic indeed.

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 8, 2010
                I'll look into this in the next few hours.
                 --
                Andrew

                ________________________________
                I then select Monitor Lizard as his Animal Companion and switch over to the
                companion sheet.

                under feats and abilities I go to class features and I see that I can only
                select 3 Animal Tricks.  As a normal animal with a 1 INT it can have 3 Animal
                tricks. When it is an Animal Companion EL 1 it should get +1 Bonus Trick (EL3
                gets +2, EL6 gets +6... )

                am I missing something?

                Thanks,
                John

                ------------------------------------

                Related Lists
                PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/
                PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs:

                Yahoo! Groups Links

                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 8, 2010
                  Well, mystery solved. The complete solution was either a) not ported from the trunk, b) got
                  deleted somehow.

                  The Animal Companion Section is completely missing the bonus tricks portion. This is the unfortunate
                  side effect of having two branches in progress (And by that, I mean going back into the 5.16 branch
                  and releasing another release after we went forward in the trunk/6.0 cycle), something doesn't get
                  ported. Good catch.

                  To get it working today, replace this the Animal Companion Section with this in the
                  srd35/basics/rsrd_companionmods.lst file and it'll work.

                  ###Block:Animal Companion
                  # Class of the Master Type Hit Dice Ability
                  Virtual Feat Automatically Gained Feat Combat bonus
                  Stat bonus
                  FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1 TYPE:Animal Companion ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Animal
                  Tricks and Training|Bonus Tricks|Link|Share Spells
                  FOLLOWER:CompLevel=3 TYPE:Animal Companion HD:2 ABILITY:Special
                  Ability|AUTOMATIC|Evasion
                  BONUS:COMBAT|AC|2|TYPE=NaturalArmor.REPLACE BONUS:STAT|STR|1 BONUS:STAT|DEX|1
                  BONUS:VAR|BonusTricks|1 DEFINE:BonusTricks|0
                  FOLLOWER:CompLevel=6 TYPE:Animal Companion HD:2 ABILITY:Special
                  Ability|AUTOMATIC|Devotion
                  BONUS:COMBAT|AC|2|TYPE=NaturalArmor.REPLACE BONUS:STAT|STR|1 BONUS:STAT|DEX|1
                  BONUS:VAR|BonusTricks|1
                  FOLLOWER:CompLevel=9 TYPE:Animal Companion HD:2
                  VFEAT:Multiattack|PREHANDSGTEQ:3 AUTO:FEAT|Multiattack
                  BONUS:COMBAT|AC|2|TYPE=NaturalArmor.REPLACE BONUS:STAT|STR|1 BONUS:STAT|DEX|1
                  BONUS:VAR|BonusTricks|1
                  FOLLOWER:CompLevel=12 TYPE:Animal Companion HD:2

                  BONUS:COMBAT|AC|2|TYPE=NaturalArmor.REPLACE BONUS:STAT|STR|1 BONUS:STAT|DEX|1
                  BONUS:VAR|BonusTricks|1
                  FOLLOWER:CompLevel=15 TYPE:Animal Companion HD:2 ABILITY:Special
                  Ability|AUTOMATIC|Improved Evasion
                  BONUS:COMBAT|AC|2|TYPE=NaturalArmor.REPLACE BONUS:STAT|STR|1 BONUS:STAT|DEX|1
                  BONUS:VAR|BonusTricks|1
                  FOLLOWER:CompLevel=18 TYPE:Animal Companion HD:2

                  #