Re: [pcgen] d20 Modern sources

    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 2, 2010
      Hi,

      On 9/2/2010 11:55 AM, Judi Dionne wrote:
      > Figures. Nurses do all the work, doctors get all the glory.

      Yeah, us paramedics get left out too quite often.
      > Anyway, I'm having a problem choosing Feats and Talents. PCGen won't
      > let me choose Healing Knack as a talent - as a matter of fact, it
      > doesn't show that I have a choice for a talent at all, but the main
      > page states I have to choose my Dedicated Hero talent. (Working with
      > OSX 10.5.8 with 5.17.3.)

      Well, that's a bit strange. Let me pull it up and see if it's an issue I can duplicate.

      > Also, I've noticed on the preview that gender always shows up as Male,
      > no matter what you change it to.

      Known Issue - just waiting for a fix.

      > Judi Dionne
      > http://www.pinkroseipads.com/
      >

      > On Sep 2, 2010, at 10:06 AM, Jonathan Thompson wrote:
      >
      >> Because d20 Modern doesnt have nurse as a background, only doctor.
      >>
      >> On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 8:57 AM, Judi Dionne
      >> <judith.m.dionne@...>wrote:
      >>

      >>> OK, I've gotten that to work. Now another question - why are there
      >> no
      >>> other medical occupations listed other than doctors? My character is
      >>> a nurse (RN, not LPN) and does not fit under any of those
      >> occupations
      >>> listed.
      >>>
      >>> Judi Dionne
      >>> http://www.pinkroseipads.com/
      >>>
      >>> --
      >> Jonathan M. Thompson
      >> Battlefield Press, Inc (www.battlefieldpress.com) / Solar Flare
      >> Productions
      >>
      >> jthompson@...
      >> d20 Magazine Rack (www.d20zines.com)
      >> thompsonjm@...
      >> Now on Sale: Open Anime (Open Core) and Gaslight Victorian Fantasy
      >> (OGL/Savage Worlds)
      >> In Development: (2010) Double Spiral War, Terran Trade Authority, 1632
      >> Second Edition | "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that
      >> never were.
      >> But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan

      > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

    • Judi Dionne
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 20, 2010
        OK, I've got another issue now with the Mac 5.17.3 version. I'm
        running it on an iMac G5 on OSX.
        I finally got the sources to load, although with lots of warnings and
        errors upon load. I could not cut and paste for some reason.

        I'm also getting a print error when I try to print out the character
        using the modern templates. All settings are switched to modern,
        including the defaults.
        However, it won't print out using those. I get an "Export request
        failed. Please see console for details." Then, the program freezes so
        I cannot "see console for details."
        I then tried it on my laptop, which is running Windows 7 and PCGen
        5.16.3 and it printed there, although it broke up the first page as
        being to large for letter size.

        It may also be my memory - how do I put that new line in with Mac?

        Judi Dionne
        http://www.pinkroseipads.com/

        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 20, 2010
          Hi,

          Flagging for Eric or any other PCGen Mac user to assist you.

          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 20, 2010
            Thanks, Andrew.
            I finally found the memory replacement instructions on the website, so
            that is fixed. I tried printing again and it's still no go, but this
            time I was able to access the console. However, I cannot cut and
            paste these errors, and if I try to type them out, it's going to be
            full of typos so it won't help you guys.

            Judi Dionne
            http://www.pinkroseipads.com/

            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 20, 2010
              Hi Judi,

              Can you take a screen shot (Using the print screen option)?

              Attach the screen shot to an email direct to me and I'll make sure it gets to the right people.