Re: [pcgen] [Chuck][OS]Output sheet error & Code Bug

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2010

      On 9/2/2010 10:21 AM, David R. Bender wrote:
      > PCGen 5.16.3
      > Pathfinder
      >
      > Character has a Longbow, and when listing possessions (regardless of
      > output sheet) there is 1 listed. If I go to Temporary Bonus and add
      > Deadly Aim to the Longbow, it shows up twice in the list of possessions.
      >
      > I think the following is picking up the Longbow twice:
      > |FOR,%equip,0,COUNT[EQUIPMENT.Not.Contained.NOT.Container.NOT.Natural]-1,1,1|

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

    • Chuck
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3, 2010
        I'm not sure it can be fixed. The "second" one is actually the longbow with the Deadly Aim bonus applied. It has to show up in inventory in order to get listed on the weapons block. The only real issue I see is that the "[Deadly Aim]" text is removed from the second one. It's listed at zero weight and zero cost, so it's not throwing anything else off.

        So this would have to be a pretty fundamental coding change to fix this. Yea, it's a bit annoying, but since it doesn't really hurt anything, I wouldn't call it a bug. However, it should be listed as a FREQ to fix this, I think it's something the code team should think about when they bolt in the new OS generator.

        Chuck

        > On 9/2/2010 10:21 AM, David R. Bender wrote:
        > > PCGen 5.16.3
        > > Pathfinder
        > >
        > > Character has a Longbow, and when listing possessions (regardless of
        > > output sheet) there is 1 listed. If I go to Temporary Bonus and add
        > > Deadly Aim to the Longbow, it shows up twice in the list of possessions.
        > >
        > > I think the following is picking up the Longbow twice:
        > > |FOR,%equip,0,COUNT[EQUIPMENT.Not.Contained.NOT.Container.NOT.Natural]-1,1,1|
        > >

        > --
        > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
        > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

      • David R. Bender
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 3, 2010
          I opened the Freq under OS. I don't know if it should be Code or not.

          http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/OS-23

          Thanks Chuck. Yea, it is only annoying but my annoyance tolerance level
          got reached when I stated up a high level fighter with a lot of weapons
          and feats and saw his longsword appear *many* times.... :-D

          David
          Papa.DRB

          Grognard (definition 1)
          My better half and me

          On 9/3/2010 8:30 AM, Chuck wrote:
          > I'm not sure it can be fixed. The "second" one is actually the longbow with the Deadly Aim bonus applied. It has to show up in inventory in order to get listed on the weapons block. The only real issue I see is that the "[Deadly Aim]" text is removed from the second one. It's listed at zero weight and zero cost, so it's not throwing anything else off.
          >
          > So this would have to be a pretty fundamental coding change to fix this. Yea, it's a bit annoying, but since it doesn't really hurt anything, I wouldn't call it a bug. However, it should be listed as a FREQ to fix this, I think it's something the code team should think about when they bolt in the new OS generator.
          >
          > Chuck
          >
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland<drew0500@...> wrote:
          >> Hi,
          >>

          >> On 9/2/2010 10:21 AM, David R. Bender wrote:
          >>> PCGen 5.16.3
          >>> Pathfinder
          >>>
          >>> Character has a Longbow, and when listing possessions (regardless of
          >>> output sheet) there is 1 listed. If I go to Temporary Bonus and add
          >>> Deadly Aim to the Longbow, it shows up twice in the list of possessions.
          >>>
          >>> I think the following is picking up the Longbow twice:
          >>> |FOR,%equip,0,COUNT[EQUIPMENT.Not.Contained.NOT.Container.NOT.Natural]-1,1,1|
          >>>
          >> --
          >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          >> Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
          >> Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

          > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

        • Chuck
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 4, 2010
            Actually it's really a code problem. The way in which the weapons get setup to show with the extra feats is to make up a "new" weapon and put it in inventory with zero weight and cost. Then you can pick and choose which "weapon" to equip. If there was a filter you could apply to the inventory list to leave those generated weapons off the list, that would fix the problem.

            General Jira question: Is it possible to move a Jira item from OS to Code? I didn't see any way to do that. Maybe it takes higher-level privileges than I have.

            Thanks,

            Chuck

            > I opened the Freq under OS. I don't know if it should be Code or not.
            >
            > http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/OS-23
            >
            > Thanks Chuck. Yea, it is only annoying but my annoyance tolerance level
            > got reached when I stated up a high level fighter with a lot of weapons
            > and feats and saw his longsword appear *many* times.... :-D
            >
            > David
            > Papa.DRB
            >
            > Grognard (definition 1)
            > My better half and me
            >
            > On 9/3/2010 8:30 AM, Chuck wrote:
            > > I'm not sure it can be fixed. The "second" one is actually the longbow with the Deadly Aim bonus applied. It has to show up in inventory in order to get listed on the weapons block. The only real issue I see is that the "[Deadly Aim]" text is removed from the second one. It's listed at zero weight and zero cost, so it's not throwing anything else off.
            > >
            > > So this would have to be a pretty fundamental coding change to fix this. Yea, it's a bit annoying, but since it doesn't really hurt anything, I wouldn't call it a bug. However, it should be listed as a FREQ to fix this, I think it's something the code team should think about when they bolt in the new OS generator.
            > >
            > > Chuck
            > >
            > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland<drew0500@> wrote:
            > >> Hi,

            > >> --
            > >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
            > >> Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

            > > Related Lists

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • David R. Bender
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 4, 2010
              Moved to:

              http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-210

              While looking at the Jira record, "more actions" -> "move" allows you to
              move records to another "project"

              David
              Papa.DRB

              Grognard (definition 1)