Re: [pcgen] d20 Modern sources

  • Jonathan Thompson
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 2, 2010
      Because d20 Modern doesnt have nurse as a background, only doctor.

      On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 8:57 AM, Judi Dionne <judith.m.dionne@...>wrote:

      > OK, I've gotten that to work. Now another question - why are there no
      > other medical occupations listed other than doctors? My character is
      > a nurse (RN, not LPN) and does not fit under any of those occupations
      > listed.
      >
      > Judi Dionne
      > http://www.pinkroseipads.com/
      >
      > --
      Jonathan M. Thompson
      Battlefield Press, Inc (www.battlefieldpress.com) / Solar Flare Productions

      jthompson@...
      d20 Magazine Rack (www.d20zines.com)
      thompsonjm@...
      Now on Sale: Open Anime (Open Core) and Gaslight Victorian Fantasy
      (OGL/Savage Worlds)
      In Development: (2010) Double Spiral War, Terran Trade Authority, 1632
      Second Edition | "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were.
      But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan

    • Judi Dionne
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 2, 2010
        Figures. Nurses do all the work, doctors get all the glory.

        Anyway, I'm having a problem choosing Feats and Talents. PCGen won't
        let me choose Healing Knack as a talent - as a matter of fact, it
        doesn't show that I have a choice for a talent at all, but the main
        page states I have to choose my Dedicated Hero talent. (Working with
        OSX 10.5.8 with 5.17.3.)

        Also, I've noticed on the preview that gender always shows up as Male,
        no matter what you change it to.

        Judi Dionne
        http://www.pinkroseipads.com/

        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 2, 2010

          On 9/2/2010 11:55 AM, Judi Dionne wrote:
          > Figures. Nurses do all the work, doctors get all the glory.

          Yeah, us paramedics get left out too quite often.
          > Anyway, I'm having a problem choosing Feats and Talents. PCGen won't
          > let me choose Healing Knack as a talent - as a matter of fact, it
          > doesn't show that I have a choice for a talent at all, but the main
          > page states I have to choose my Dedicated Hero talent. (Working with
          > OSX 10.5.8 with 5.17.3.)

          Well, that's a bit strange. Let me pull it up and see if it's an issue I can duplicate.

          > Also, I've noticed on the preview that gender always shows up as Male,
          > no matter what you change it to.

          Known Issue - just waiting for a fix.

          > Judi Dionne
          > http://www.pinkroseipads.com/
          >

          > On Sep 2, 2010, at 10:06 AM, Jonathan Thompson wrote:
          >
          >> Because d20 Modern doesnt have nurse as a background, only doctor.
          >>
          >> On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 8:57 AM, Judi Dionne
          >> <judith.m.dionne@...>wrote:
          >>

          >>> OK, I've gotten that to work. Now another question - why are there
          >> no
          >>> other medical occupations listed other than doctors? My character is
          >>> a nurse (RN, not LPN) and does not fit under any of those
          >> occupations
          >>> listed.
          >>>
          >>> Judi Dionne
          >>> http://www.pinkroseipads.com/
          >>>
          >>> --
          >> Jonathan M. Thompson
          >> Battlefield Press, Inc (www.battlefieldpress.com) / Solar Flare
          >> Productions
          >>
          >> jthompson@...
          >> d20 Magazine Rack (www.d20zines.com)
          >> thompsonjm@...
          >> Now on Sale: Open Anime (Open Core) and Gaslight Victorian Fantasy
          >> (OGL/Savage Worlds)
          >> In Development: (2010) Double Spiral War, Terran Trade Authority, 1632
          >> Second Edition | "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that
          >> never were.
          >> But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan

          > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

          Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

        • Judi Dionne
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 20, 2010
            OK, I've got another issue now with the Mac 5.17.3 version. I'm
            running it on an iMac G5 on OSX.
            I finally got the sources to load, although with lots of warnings and
            errors upon load. I could not cut and paste for some reason.

            I'm also getting a print error when I try to print out the character
            using the modern templates. All settings are switched to modern,
            including the defaults.
            However, it won't print out using those. I get an "Export request
            failed. Please see console for details." Then, the program freezes so
            I cannot "see console for details."
            I then tried it on my laptop, which is running Windows 7 and PCGen
            5.16.3 and it printed there, although it broke up the first page as
            being to large for letter size.

            It may also be my memory - how do I put that new line in with Mac?

            Judi Dionne
            http://www.pinkroseipads.com/

            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 20, 2010

              Flagging for Eric or any other PCGen Mac user to assist you.

              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 20, 2010
                Thanks, Andrew.
                I finally found the memory replacement instructions on the website, so
                that is fixed. I tried printing again and it's still no go, but this
                time I was able to access the console. However, I cannot cut and
                paste these errors, and if I try to type them out, it's going to be
                full of typos so it won't help you guys.

                Judi Dionne
                http://www.pinkroseipads.com/

                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 20, 2010
                  Hi Judi,

                  Can you take a screen shot (Using the print screen option)?

                  Attach the screen shot to an email direct to me and I'll make sure it gets to the right people.