Re: [pcgen] d20 Modern sources

    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 1 7:32 PM

      All OS versions should be the same. It's coded in Java for just that reason. Mac, Linux, Windows,
      and anything else that supports Java.

      On 9/1/2010 7:27 PM, Judi Dionne wrote:
      > Is that for both versions? 5.17.3 for Mac and 5.16.3 for Windows?
      >
      > Judi Dionne
      > http://www.pinkroseipads.com/
      >

      > On Sep 1, 2010, at 10:21 PM, Andrew Maitland wrote:
      >
      >> Hi,
      >>
      >> Switch the Modern GameMode, all the compatible source will be listed
      >> in the Advanced Screen.
      >>
      >> You might want to check with the GM on which additional source books
      >> they are using. Since there are
      >> subsets based upon that choice - Past, Future, etc.
      >>
      >> On 9/1/2010 6:11 PM, sataistyx wrote:
      >>> I was wondering if someone could help me. I usually play fantasy
      >> RPG, most often in te Greyhawk setting. However, I am joining a new
      >> group and I need to roll up a character based on d20 Modern. Which
      >> of the included sources pertain to d20 Modern? I really don't want
      >> to load them all.
      >>> I have PC Gen 5.17.3 for Macintosh, but it sucks - it shows I have
      >> to choose feats, skills, languages and such, but does not give me
      >> the option to make any selections! (To try it out I loaded all the
      >> sources.) I'm running it on an iMac G5 with OSX 10.5.8.
      >>> So, I just downloaded 5.16.3 for Windows. I am runing Windows 7 on
      >> a brand-new Compaq laptop. I don't know what other info you need for
      >> this, let me know...
      >>> Thanks,
      >>> Judi
      >>>

      >>> ------------------------------------
      >>>
      >>> Related Lists

      >>> Yahoo! Groups Links
      >>>

      >> --
      >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      >> Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
      >> Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

      > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

    • Judi Dionne
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 1 7:34 PM
        Thanks!
        Judi Dionne
        http://www.pinkroseipads.com/

        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 2 6:57 AM
          OK, I've gotten that to work. Now another question - why are there no
          other medical occupations listed other than doctors? My character is
          a nurse (RN, not LPN) and does not fit under any of those occupations
          listed.

        • Jonathan Thompson
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 2 7:06 AM
            Because d20 Modern doesnt have nurse as a background, only doctor.

            On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 8:57 AM, Judi Dionne <judith.m.dionne@...>wrote:

            > OK, I've gotten that to work. Now another question - why are there no
            > other medical occupations listed other than doctors? My character is
            > a nurse (RN, not LPN) and does not fit under any of those occupations
            > listed.
            >
            > Judi Dionne
            > http://www.pinkroseipads.com/
            >
            > --
            Jonathan M. Thompson
            Battlefield Press, Inc (www.battlefieldpress.com) / Solar Flare Productions

            jthompson@...
            d20 Magazine Rack (www.d20zines.com)
            thompsonjm@...
            Now on Sale: Open Anime (Open Core) and Gaslight Victorian Fantasy
            (OGL/Savage Worlds)
            In Development: (2010) Double Spiral War, Terran Trade Authority, 1632
            Second Edition | "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were.
            But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan

          • Judi Dionne
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 2 11:55 AM
              Figures. Nurses do all the work, doctors get all the glory.

              Anyway, I'm having a problem choosing Feats and Talents. PCGen won't
              let me choose Healing Knack as a talent - as a matter of fact, it
              doesn't show that I have a choice for a talent at all, but the main
              page states I have to choose my Dedicated Hero talent. (Working with
              OSX 10.5.8 with 5.17.3.)

              Also, I've noticed on the preview that gender always shows up as Male,
              no matter what you change it to.

              Judi Dionne
              http://www.pinkroseipads.com/

              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 2 12:40 PM

                On 9/2/2010 11:55 AM, Judi Dionne wrote:
                > Figures. Nurses do all the work, doctors get all the glory.

                Yeah, us paramedics get left out too quite often.
                > Anyway, I'm having a problem choosing Feats and Talents. PCGen won't
                > let me choose Healing Knack as a talent - as a matter of fact, it
                > doesn't show that I have a choice for a talent at all, but the main
                > page states I have to choose my Dedicated Hero talent. (Working with
                > OSX 10.5.8 with 5.17.3.)

                Well, that's a bit strange. Let me pull it up and see if it's an issue I can duplicate.

                > Also, I've noticed on the preview that gender always shows up as Male,
                > no matter what you change it to.

                Known Issue - just waiting for a fix.

                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 20 4:24 PM
                  OK, I've got another issue now with the Mac 5.17.3 version. I'm
                  running it on an iMac G5 on OSX.
                  I finally got the sources to load, although with lots of warnings and
                  errors upon load. I could not cut and paste for some reason.

                  I'm also getting a print error when I try to print out the character
                  using the modern templates. All settings are switched to modern,
                  including the defaults.
                  However, it won't print out using those. I get an "Export request
                  failed. Please see console for details." Then, the program freezes so
                  I cannot "see console for details."
                  I then tried it on my laptop, which is running Windows 7 and PCGen
                  5.16.3 and it printed there, although it broke up the first page as
                  being to large for letter size.

                  It may also be my memory - how do I put that new line in with Mac?

                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 20 5:09 PM

                    Flagging for Eric or any other PCGen Mac user to assist you.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 20 5:13 PM
                      Thanks, Andrew.
                      I finally found the memory replacement instructions on the website, so
                      that is fixed. I tried printing again and it's still no go, but this
                      time I was able to access the console. However, I cannot cut and
                      paste these errors, and if I try to type them out, it's going to be
                      full of typos so it won't help you guys.

                      Judi Dionne
                      http://www.pinkroseipads.com/

                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 20 5:27 PM
                        Hi Judi,

                        Can you take a screen shot (Using the print screen option)?

                        Attach the screen shot to an email direct to me and I'll make sure it gets to the right people.