d20 Modern sources

  • sataistyx
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 1, 2010
      I was wondering if someone could help me. I usually play fantasy RPG, most often in te Greyhawk setting. However, I am joining a new group and I need to roll up a character based on d20 Modern. Which of the included sources pertain to d20 Modern? I really don't want to load them all.

      I have PC Gen 5.17.3 for Macintosh, but it sucks - it shows I have to choose feats, skills, languages and such, but does not give me the option to make any selections! (To try it out I loaded all the sources.) I'm running it on an iMac G5 with OSX 10.5.8.

      So, I just downloaded 5.16.3 for Windows. I am runing Windows 7 on a brand-new Compaq laptop. I don't know what other info you need for this, let me know...

      Thanks,
      Judi
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 1, 2010

        Switch the Modern GameMode, all the compatible source will be listed in the Advanced Screen.

        You might want to check with the GM on which additional source books they are using. Since there are
        subsets based upon that choice - Past, Future, etc.

        On 9/1/2010 6:11 PM, sataistyx wrote:
        > I was wondering if someone could help me. I usually play fantasy RPG, most often in te Greyhawk setting. However, I am joining a new group and I need to roll up a character based on d20 Modern. Which of the included sources pertain to d20 Modern? I really don't want to load them all.
        >
        > I have PC Gen 5.17.3 for Macintosh, but it sucks - it shows I have to choose feats, skills, languages and such, but does not give me the option to make any selections! (To try it out I loaded all the sources.) I'm running it on an iMac G5 with OSX 10.5.8.
        >
        > So, I just downloaded 5.16.3 for Windows. I am runing Windows 7 on a brand-new Compaq laptop. I don't know what other info you need for this, let me know...
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Judi

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

      • Judi Dionne
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 1, 2010
          Is that for both versions? 5.17.3 for Mac and 5.16.3 for Windows?

          Judi Dionne
          http://www.pinkroseipads.com/

          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 1, 2010

            All OS versions should be the same. It's coded in Java for just that reason. Mac, Linux, Windows,
            and anything else that supports Java.

            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 1, 2010
              Thanks!
              Judi Dionne
              http://www.pinkroseipads.com/

              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 2, 2010
                OK, I've gotten that to work. Now another question - why are there no
                other medical occupations listed other than doctors? My character is
                a nurse (RN, not LPN) and does not fit under any of those occupations
                listed.

              • Jonathan Thompson
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 2, 2010
                  Because d20 Modern doesnt have nurse as a background, only doctor.

                  On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 8:57 AM, Judi Dionne <judith.m.dionne@...>wrote:

                  > OK, I've gotten that to work. Now another question - why are there no
                  > other medical occupations listed other than doctors? My character is
                  > a nurse (RN, not LPN) and does not fit under any of those occupations
                  > listed.
                  >
                  > Judi Dionne
                  > http://www.pinkroseipads.com/
                  >
                  > --
                  Jonathan M. Thompson
                  Battlefield Press, Inc (www.battlefieldpress.com) / Solar Flare Productions

                  jthompson@...
                  d20 Magazine Rack (www.d20zines.com)
                  thompsonjm@...
                  Now on Sale: Open Anime (Open Core) and Gaslight Victorian Fantasy
                  (OGL/Savage Worlds)
                  In Development: (2010) Double Spiral War, Terran Trade Authority, 1632
                  Second Edition | "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were.
                  But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan

                • Judi Dionne
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 2, 2010
                    Figures. Nurses do all the work, doctors get all the glory.

                    Anyway, I'm having a problem choosing Feats and Talents. PCGen won't
                    let me choose Healing Knack as a talent - as a matter of fact, it
                    doesn't show that I have a choice for a talent at all, but the main
                    page states I have to choose my Dedicated Hero talent. (Working with
                    OSX 10.5.8 with 5.17.3.)

                    Also, I've noticed on the preview that gender always shows up as Male,
                    no matter what you change it to.

                    Judi Dionne
                    http://www.pinkroseipads.com/

                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 2, 2010

                      On 9/2/2010 11:55 AM, Judi Dionne wrote:
                      > Figures. Nurses do all the work, doctors get all the glory.

                      Yeah, us paramedics get left out too quite often.
                      > Anyway, I'm having a problem choosing Feats and Talents. PCGen won't
                      > let me choose Healing Knack as a talent - as a matter of fact, it
                      > doesn't show that I have a choice for a talent at all, but the main
                      > page states I have to choose my Dedicated Hero talent. (Working with
                      > OSX 10.5.8 with 5.17.3.)

                      Well, that's a bit strange. Let me pull it up and see if it's an issue I can duplicate.

                      > Also, I've noticed on the preview that gender always shows up as Male,
                      > no matter what you change it to.

                      Known Issue - just waiting for a fix.

                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 20, 2010
                        OK, I've got another issue now with the Mac 5.17.3 version. I'm
                        running it on an iMac G5 on OSX.
                        I finally got the sources to load, although with lots of warnings and
                        errors upon load. I could not cut and paste for some reason.

                        I'm also getting a print error when I try to print out the character
                        using the modern templates. All settings are switched to modern,
                        including the defaults.
                        However, it won't print out using those. I get an "Export request
                        failed. Please see console for details." Then, the program freezes so
                        I cannot "see console for details."
                        I then tried it on my laptop, which is running Windows 7 and PCGen
                        5.16.3 and it printed there, although it broke up the first page as
                        being to large for letter size.

                        It may also be my memory - how do I put that new line in with Mac?

                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 20, 2010

                          Flagging for Eric or any other PCGen Mac user to assist you.

                          Message 12 of 13 , Sep 20, 2010
                            Thanks, Andrew.
                            I finally found the memory replacement instructions on the website, so
                            that is fixed. I tried printing again and it's still no go, but this
                            time I was able to access the console. However, I cannot cut and
                            paste these errors, and if I try to type them out, it's going to be
                            full of typos so it won't help you guys.

                            Judi Dionne
                            http://www.pinkroseipads.com/

                            Message 13 of 13 , Sep 20, 2010
                              Hi Judi,

                              Can you take a screen shot (Using the print screen option)?

                              Attach the screen shot to an email direct to me and I'll make sure it gets to the right people.