Re: [pcgen] AGP files?

  • Stefan Radermacher
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2010
      On Wednesday 01 September 2010 17:50:29 David R. Bender wrote:
      > These are preliminary files and do NOT contain all the APG data, and
      > contain errors. Drew & Stefan are working furiously on them but they are
      > not ready to be put into the data files as a "finished" or even "beta"
      > product. They are more like an early Alpha.

      To be honest, it's currently mostly Andrew and Eric, and James who are working
      on these data files. I provide guidance and ideas and work with Andrew on
      brainstorming this and that on IM or IRC.

      Regards,
      Stefan.
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2010
        Hi folks,

        I'm going to post this for everyone who decides to grab these folders/files. I've already been asked
        a few questions off-list about this and don't want a deluge of questions from confused users.

        THE INSTALL DATA FEATURE WILL NOT WORK - That is only valid for purposefully designated /_*O*_/ut
        _/*O*/_f /_*C*_/ycle data sets that have been uploaded with that feature [Any of our OOC Sets from
        SourceForge]; these files are a direct copy from the /_*S*_/ub_/*V*/_ersion/_* N*_/umber control
        system we use to allow multiple developers to work on the same files at different times without
        undoing the work of another. These are in-progress data files that are NOT part of the distribution
        of PCGen, they **/_will_/** be buggy [Sorry, even I introduce bugs inadvertently and I've been
        coding in LST for a good lengthy time], they are not complete and they will be changed/altered on an
        almost daily basis as things are added or removed from it. Relying on these incomplete sets for a
        comprehensive character is not a wise choice. These sets and the download location are being
        provided for the sole purpose to let people TEST THESE SETS and give us FEEDBACK. Use them at your
        OWN RISK/PERIL.

        To Use These Files -
        You can use it simply by downloading it, and unzipping it in your local pcgen data folder and then
        using the 'ADVANCED SCREEN' select it to load with the Paizo Core stuff.

        If you plan on using it, I suggest you note the SVN revisions number, and keep BOTH the Paizo Core
        Files and APG up to date as I am altering both sets concurrently to accommodate the necessary changes.

        Again, use these files at your own risk. I make no guarantees that they'll work consistently. Now
        that I know people are grabbing them, I'm trying to make sure each revision I add, they'll load and
        work, but again, I'm not promising anything.

        On 9/1/2010 8:55 AM, rexhammerforge wrote:
        > Thank you!
        >
        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David R. Bender"<Papa.DRB@...> wrote:
        >> Download the tarball's from these two locations:
        >> http://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pcgen/Trunk/pcgen/data/alpha/paizo/
        >> http://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pcgen/Trunk/content/notfordistribution/paizo/pathfinder_rpg/advanced_players_guide/
        >>
        >> Make a backup copy of your PCGen directory.
        >> Make a backup copy of your PCGen directory.
        >> Make a backup copy of your PCGen directory.
        >>
        >> Un-tar then un-zip the files into your data directory and load it up.
        >> These are preliminary files and do NOT contain all the APG data, and
        >> contain errors. Drew& Stefan are working furiously on them but they are
        >> not ready to be put into the data files as a "finished" or even "beta"
        >> product. They are more like an early Alpha.
        >>

        >> David
        >> Papa.DRB
        >>
        >> Grognard (definition 1)
        >> <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Edavidstuff/Grognard.html>
        >> My better half and me
        >> <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Edavidstuff/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>
        >>
        >> On 9/1/2010 11:40 AM, rexhammerforge wrote:
        >>> I have gone back through the past several days of posts and can't find the answer to my question.
        >>>
        >>> At the risk of sounding terribly ignorant how does a person get a copy of the working/beta Pathfinder AGP files? What's an OCC? From context it sounds like those files would come in that format.
        >>>
        >>> I would love to play with the AGP files, but I don't have time to be a data monkey. If this is verboten then I apologize.

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2010
          Hi folks,

          Well, if people didn't make mistakes they wouldn't learn. Here is the Correction that was requested.

          That is the autobuild for the latest version of PCGen, it's the Developer Version of whatever Trunk
          version we are on. Currently the files will say 5.17.3 but it's a continuous build nightly of any
          new changes, hence why I call it Developer as that's what you'd get if we released the 5.17.4 now).
          While that does have the option to grab the code, the data and the docs, those will not include the
          extraneous files and folders, Not For Distribution, Pretty LST, Syntax Highlighters, Source Docs,
          Release Notes, etc.. and which also includes the APG along with any other sets in development.