Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

PCGen BoD Meeting Notes for 8/16/2010

Expand Messages
  • Andrew Maitland
    Hi, [19:00] Good Evening everyone [19:00] I have 7pm EDT, shall we begin? [19:01] Sure [19:01]
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2010
    • 0 Attachment
      Hi,

      [19:00] <@[Chair]Andrew> Good Evening everyone
      [19:00] <@[Chair]Andrew> I have 7pm EDT, shall we begin?
      [19:01] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Sure
      [19:01] <@[Chair]Andrew> We seem to lack a quorum this evening. No voting will be possible.
      [19:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> Our Agenda tonight is:
      [19:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> 1.) Team Reports
      [19:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> 2.) 5.16.3 release
      [19:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> 3.) 5.17.4 (alpha) - planned date
      [19:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> 4.) Discussion on mailing list/forum solutions - investigate trialing
      commercial options
      [19:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> I'll start with the team reports - Admin:
      [19:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> Web Team - Nothing much here. Discussion on Commercial options handles most.
      [19:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> - JOOMLA - Anestis has stated he's looking into a PCGen Theme, but it's a
      low priority item
      [19:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> - Wiki - Trying to identify why Barak isn't able to access the Wiki as a user.
      [19:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> Trackers - I've identified the Data Trackers in Admin batches of eight for
      Papa to handle.
      [19:03] <@[Chair]Andrew> Release - Covering in the agenda. I'll give a brief summary when we get there.
      [19:03] <@[Chair]Andrew> - Personal - Hitting up the Gamemodes one by one and testing them, should
      be done tonight
      [19:03] <@[Chair]Andrew> to get 5.16.3 ready on the data side
      [19:03] <@[Chair]Andrew> That covers Admin; Questions? - James you ready to go next?
      [19:03] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Sure
      [19:04] <jamesd[Code_SB]> We've had 8 bugs raised and 4 bugs closed since last week.
      [19:04] <jamesd[Code_SB]> The fixes have mostly been in response to issues reported in the 5.16 branch
      [19:04] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Other projects have been fairly quiet
      [19:05] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Any questions on code?
      [19:06] <@[Chair]Andrew> None here. Tom looks like you're up ;)
      [19:06] <[Arch_SB]thpr> ok
      [19:06] *** Maredudd has joined #pcgen
      [19:06] <[Arch_SB]thpr> Primary focus of late has been writing tests - working on stability of the
      facet system for the most part
      [19:07] <[Arch_SB]thpr> about 2K new unit tests were added since last meeting in various forms
      [19:07] *** Maredudd is now known as [PR]Maredudd
      [19:07] <[Arch_SB]thpr> Still more that can be done on that front, but I did find a few things that
      were fixed as a result.
      [19:07] <[Arch_SB]thpr> Need to go check that some of the problems seen in Trunk have been fixed as
      a result
      [19:08] <[Arch_SB]thpr> that's probably it from me. Questions?
      [19:08] <@[Chair]Andrew> None here, sounds good
      [19:09] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Good news on the test front
      [19:09] <@[Chair]Andrew> Eric - I'll do a quick Data Team report, and then you're up (ready or not) :P
      [19:09] <[PR]Maredudd> :-)
      [19:09] <@[Chair]Andrew> Data / Content - In the Absence of Barak
      [19:10] <@[Chair]Andrew> We've made some awesome progress in getting the APG set up; a lot of work
      was needed in the core set to support additional features. We estimate the time to completion to be
      two months give or take...
      [19:11] <@[Chair]Andrew> The last couple of days have seen some great work to get all the sets
      tested and up to speed.
      [19:11] <@[Chair]Andrew> Pending the last of the Review, Barak has given the green light for the
      Content team to release 5.16.3 Final.
      [19:12] <@[Chair]Andrew> Barring any last minute show stoppers or fixable bugs of course
      [19:13] <@[Chair]Andrew> Oh, we've also merged a new OS block in to support the Intelligent Magic
      Items in... Not to mention Stefan's work to get all the Paizo sets up to par.
      [19:13] <@[Chair]Andrew> That's it for the Content team, questions?
      [19:13] <[PR]Maredudd> None here.
      [19:13] <@[Chair]Andrew> Okay Eric, you're up (And your inclusion also makes this a Quorum now :) )
      [19:15] <[PR]Maredudd> Press Releases went out to the regular sites for the last RC. Other than
      that, there has been no PR work on note.
      [19:15] <[PR]Maredudd> Once the final is out we'll process that set of press releases.
      [19:16] <[PR]Maredudd> Thats all for PR.
      [19:16] <@[Chair]Andrew> Question / inquiry Eric
      [19:16] <jamesd[Code_SB]> none from me
      [19:17] <@[Chair]Andrew> Can you package up the Shadmar set as an OOC set and send it to Nitehawk
      for review?
      [19:17] <@[Chair]Andrew> Otherwise no questions :)
      [19:18] <[PR]Maredudd> Yeah, I can do that.
      [19:18] <@[Chair]Andrew> thanks
      [19:18] <@[Chair]Andrew> okay, next agenda item
      [19:18] <@[Chair]Andrew> 2.) 5.16.3 release
      [19:18] <[PR]Maredudd> I'll pull it together over the next few days.
      [19:19] <jamesd[Code_SB]> I should have time to do the release tomorrow might (my time)
      [19:19] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Does anyone know of anything that needs to be done before we release?
      [19:19] <@[Chair]Andrew> Despite the fact there has been a significant number of commits, they've
      pretty much all been contained to the 'Alpha' folder. The bug fixes on the code side have been
      independently verified by myself and stefan as working.
      [19:20] <@[Chair]Andrew> Only thing pending is me reviewing the Modern Gamemode - For the 'Content' team
      [19:20] <@[Chair]Andrew> Admin team is voting for Final Release of 5.16.3
      [19:20] <@[Chair]Andrew> Barak already voiced his Vote for 5.16.3 Final after the Data Review was
      completed
      [19:20] <[PR]Maredudd> PR had no issues with release.
      [19:21] <@[Chair]Andrew> PR - Are you happy for a final?
      [19:21] <[PR]Maredudd> Excuse me. PR has no issues with release. Go.
      [19:21] <@[Chair]Andrew> Code and Arch?
      [19:21] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Code - yes release
      [19:22] <[Arch_SB]thpr> I'm curious if we're trying to investigate CODE-194 before release
      [19:22] <@[Chair]Andrew> Let me pull it up one sec
      [19:23] <jamesd[Code_SB]> http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-194 for those watching at home
      [19:23] <jamesd[Code_SB]> [Pathfinder] Druid Domain non-functional
      [19:23] <@[Chair]Andrew> James, is this something you can handle in the next day?
      [19:23] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Unlikely. It would need investigation
      [19:23] <@[Chair]Andrew> It's a documented workaround based upon Leveling, it's an annoyance but not
      a true showstopper
      [19:24] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Can you add a link to the workaround to the bug report please?
      [19:24] <@[Chair]Andrew> It already is linked
      [19:24] <@[Chair]Andrew> DATA-33 [Pathfinder] Druid Domain non-functional
      [19:24] <@[Chair]Andrew> Under the Cloners
      [19:25] <[Arch_SB]thpr> We should clarify a workaround is available in that Data tracker
      [19:25] <[Arch_SB]thpr> then I'm ok with release
      [19:25] <@[Chair]Andrew> It's documented in the data tracker in the comments section
      [19:25] <[Arch_SB]thpr> We should also probably downgrade from "Major" if a workaround is available
      [19:25] <@[Chair]Andrew> I'm fine with that
      [19:26] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Agreed
      [19:26] <@[Chair]Andrew> Okay, I'll email James when I'm done with the Data review and ready then.
      [19:26] <[PR]Maredudd> Agree
      [19:26] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Is there any reason we have two trackers for it? The code and the data one?
      [19:27] <@[Chair]Andrew> Data reported it first, Cloned to Code to have a trail
      [19:27] <@[Chair]Andrew> We can copy the comments from the Data one and kill it if you'd like
      [19:27] <jamesd[Code_SB]> ah ok I would have expected you'd pass it to code rather than clone
      [19:28] <jamesd[Code_SB]> JIRA then tracks the references and redirects as needed
      [19:28] <@[Chair]Andrew> At that point we weren't sure who owned the issue
      [19:28] <jamesd[Code_SB]> so if you ask for DATA-33 it redirects you to CODE-194
      [19:28] <@[Chair]Andrew> nice
      [19:28] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Yep fair enough - it is odd that it works at second level :)
      [19:29] <@[Chair]Andrew> Order of Operation deal I'm betting
      [19:29] <@[Chair]Andrew> Okay, Board is in agreement, 5.16.3 will be released pending Content
      finishing the Data Review
      [19:30] <@[Chair]Andrew> Next item
      [19:30] <[PR]Maredudd> I'll start working on the press release.
      [19:30] <@[Chair]Andrew> 3.) 5.17.4 (alpha) - planned date
      [19:30] <@[Chair]Andrew> James - this is your arena
      [19:31] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Hmm, most likely the weekend of 28th-29th August
      [19:31] <jamesd[Code_SB]> However I would like to see some of the bugs in the unreleased group
      resolved before we release
      [19:31] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Would that timetable work for you Tom?
      [19:33] <[Arch_SB]thpr> I can focus on bugs for a bit
      [19:34] <[Arch_SB]thpr> so yea, that works
      [19:34] <@[Chair]Andrew> Okay, cool. Unless anyone has anything else, then it's on to the next topic
      [19:35] <@[Chair]Andrew> 4.) Discussion on mailing list/forum solutions - investigate trialing
      commercial options
      [19:35] <@[Chair]Andrew> James has found a viable commercial solution that we can look at: vbulletin
      [19:36] <@[Chair]Andrew> As soon as we have 5.16.3 out the door I can turn my focus to getting that
      up and running, or have Anestis handle it
      [19:36] <jamesd[Code_SB]> So we are abandoning work on the other solution?
      [19:36] <@[Chair]Andrew> The only concern from Anestis is the version that offers the YahooGroups
      like features is a couple of releases behind the main product
      [19:37] <@[Chair]Andrew> The M2F solution that Tony is working on, from what I've seen and played
      with isn't viable at this point and time.
      [19:37] <jamesd[Code_SB]> ok
      [19:37] <@[Chair]Andrew> It requires anonymous posting
      [19:38] <@[Chair]Andrew> and even that, doesn't identify the poster unless they have a sig line like
      a few of us do
      [19:38] <@[Chair]Andrew> It's not an easy interface to work with at this point either.
      [19:39] <@[Chair]Andrew> getting the two way wasn't working well for me, I could post, but wasn't
      getting returns
      [19:39] <@[Chair]Andrew> It all depends how badly we want the Mailing list integration up and running
      [19:40] <@[Chair]Andrew> If we stick it out for the M2F then it's at the pace of their coders - it's
      still in alpha development
      [19:41] <@[Chair]Andrew> Unless they're going to abandon the annoymous posting and secure it, or at
      least ID the poster, I can't really support it. The mods will be busy destroying spam constantly
      [19:41] <@[Chair]Andrew> That's my opinion; I'm open to everyone else's comments on the matter.
      [19:42] *** Swiftbrook has joined #pcgen
      [19:42] <@[Chair]Andrew> If another free solution can be found I'll give it a go as well.
      [19:43] <@[Chair]Andrew> Comments, questions?
      [19:43] <[PR]Maredudd> vbulletin is supported by Forum Runner, a forum reader for smart phones.
      [19:43] <[Arch_SB]thpr> I agree with your assessment Andrew
      [19:43] <[PR]Maredudd> Really well supported too . . .
      [19:44] <jamesd[Code_SB]> No objections from me, sounds like a good way forward
      [19:44] <@[Chair]Andrew> Eric, I take it you'd prefer vBulletin to phpbb then for the added support
      capability you'll get ?
      [19:45] <@[Chair]Andrew> Okay, I'll ask Anestis to investigate the vBulletin software, he's *very*
      wary of installing older versions.
      [19:46] <[PR]Maredudd> Well, phpbb is also supported by Forum Runner . . . :-)
      [19:46] <@[Chair]Andrew> Very security-aware which I like.
      [19:46] <jamesd[Code_SB]> That's understandable - old versions are a big target for hacks, but if it
      is the latest patch of a supported version that is generally fine
      [19:47] <@[Chair]Andrew> Okay, so is the team in agreement to trial vBulletin, and in say one of the
      next two meetings I'll bring my findings and we can vote on whether to purchase a license for the
      correct version?
      [19:48] <@[Chair]Andrew> (Or I'll let people at least know when it's up and running, and they can
      test for themselves)
      [19:48] <[PR]Maredudd> Agreed
      [19:48] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Agreed
      [19:49] <@[Chair]Andrew> Agreed
      [19:49] <[Arch_SB]thpr> y
      [19:49] <@[Chair]Andrew> Okay, I'll send an email to Anestis then.
      [19:50] <@[Chair]Andrew> That's it for the agenda items. Open Forum - Any and all PCGen related
      topics welcome at this point. Observers are free to speak up and ask questions.
      [19:51] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Everything I wanted to discuss has been covered in the agenda
      [19:53] <@[Chair]Andrew> Same here.
      [19:54] <[Arch_SB]thpr> CODE-189 for Andrew
      [19:55] <@[Chair]Andrew> James - I'm going to do a merge of 5.16 to the trunk in the data folder;
      that way I don't miss any of the fixes I've implemented.
      [19:55] <[Arch_SB]thpr> has two defects in it - one at 11:20 AM on 6 Aug, the other at 4:34 PM.
      [19:55] <[Arch_SB]thpr> Can you split the problem into two bugs please?
      [19:56] *** Swiftbrook has quit IRC: Quit: Page closed
      [19:57] <@[Chair]Andrew> Yes
      [19:57] <@[Chair]Andrew> Is it two or three issues
      [19:57] <@[Chair]Andrew> And which items are separate
      [19:57] <@[Chair]Andrew> ?
      [19:57] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Andrew - sure, but watch out for any trunk only changes
      [19:57] <[Arch_SB]thpr> the infinite loop and the kit bug are separate
      [19:57] <[Arch_SB]thpr> two issues as best I can tell
      [19:59] <@[Chair]Andrew> Okay, do you know which description goes with which error? Or just copy the
      entire thing and change the summaries?
      [19:59] <[Arch_SB]thpr> copy the entire thing and change the subject
      [20:00] <@[Chair]Andrew> Okay, thanks.
      [20:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> CODE-199, is cloned - is that better?
      [20:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> Any one else with any items? Going once......
      [20:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> going twice
      [20:02] <[PR]Maredudd> Nope
      [20:03] <@[Chair]Andrew> *Bangs Gavel* Thanks for coming everyone. Meeting Adjourned.

      --
      Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      Admin Silverback - PCGen Board of Directors
      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
      Unique Title "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
      Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"


      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.