(part)charged item costs

  • Saxum Caribetum
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 11, 2010
      I had cause to equip a character with several partly charged (ie
      discharged!) items, while working to an equipment budget.
      (Pathfinder, pcgen 5.16.3rc3)
      I found it a long-winded and manual process:
      the choice is
      1) purchase a fully charged item, then use Modify Charges to reduce the
      charge count (and value to the character) ... but then the budget in
      Inventory lost the full-charge cost of the item, and I had to refund
      4/5ths of the cost (or whatever)

      2) create a custom item by removing the charges in the original, and
      re-adding the same spell effect but with a reduced charge count... that
      means the purchase has the right cost, but takes extra effort to create.

      so...

      a Feature Request:
      * it would be really useful, when purchasing a charged item, to be able
      to apply Modify Charges _while purchasing_ it. Like the "But N" or "Buy
      at...", a "Buy with charges..."

      Pretty please?

      --
      Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
      Saga site at http://www.quantal.demon.co.uk/saga/
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 23, 2010
        Hi Saxum,

        Can you please raise a feature request in our http://jira.pcgen.org system?
        The UI Overhaul coders are looking at the inventory screen, so this is a
        good time to raise it :)