Re: [James] Can't load web enhancement

  • swiftbrook8
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 7, 2010
      The Pathfinder Traits Web Enhancement is not loaded and is not an option to load. I'll Try to send a screenshot. Here's the blow by blow:

      Windows XP SP 3, 1.98 Gb Ram

      1) Uninstalled PC GEN
      2) Restarted computer
      3) Downloaded fresh copy of pcggen5163RC3_win_install.exe
      4) Ran install program with all defaults. Installed with no visible errors. Clicked [Finished]
      5) Ran shortcut from desktop
      6) Preferences were still saved.
      7) Uninstalled PC GEN
      8) Deleted C:\Program Files\PCGen folder and .PCGen folder
      9) Restarted computer
      10) Downloaded fresh copy of pcggen5163RC3_win_install.exe
      11) Ran install program with all defaults. Installed with no visible errors. Clicked [Finished]
      12) Ran shortcut from desktop
      13) Closed Tip of the day
      14) Load Sources window (basic). Chose Pathfinder for gamemasters. [Load]
      15) Closed OGL screen (unchecked box)
      16) Went to Settings  Load Sources  [Use Advanced Screen]
      17) Pathfinder trait web enhancement was not listed as loaded or an option to load.
      18) I unload all the pathfinder data but now when I go to the Advanced Screen it only shows the pathfinder data without the web trait enhancement.

      > Hi Swiftbrook,
      >
      > I'm not seeing the behaviour you describe with the basic vs advanced
      > advanced screen. The advanced page hasn't changed at all from earlier
      > versions of PCGen, which is why I am a bit puzzled by the issue you
      > report. You may wish to check you are in the right game mode though. If
      > it is still a problem though could you give me a step by step guide to
      > reproduce it starting with opening PCGen please? Feel free to send me
      > screenshots at this address or via the need help with folder in the
      > files section.
      >
      > You do bring up an good point though -should we include the character
      > traits in the Pathfinder for Players set? What do others think?
      >
      > BTW: If you want to create your own set for the basic screen you can.
      > Just click add, select the game mode and then select the sources you
      > want to have loaded (e.g. Pathfinder core and Character Traits, give it
      > a name e.g. James Pathfinder Game) and hit OK.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > James.
      >
      > On 8/08/2010 7:04 AM swiftbrook8 wrote
      > > Is there a work around or a nightly build I can get so that I can check the odd trait behavior? OR, is there going to be a RC4 ?
      > >
      > > -Swiftbrook

      > >> Hi,
      > >>
      > >> Flagging the Coder.

    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 7, 2010

        Just to confirm then at step 17, you don't see it on the left hand side
        of the screen? I've posted a screen shot of what I see at
        http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/files/%27Need%20Help%20With%27/PCGen-Advanced-Sources.png

        Cheers,
        James.

        On 8/08/2010 12:46 PM swiftbrook8 wrote

      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 7, 2010

          Thanks for uploading your screenshot. If you look on the left hand list,
          2nd from the bottom there is the character traits set. If you either
          double click on this or click on it and click the > button below the
          list it will move to the right hand list. Then click load and you will
          have both the web traits and the core rules.

          Cheers,
          James.

          On 8/08/2010 1:30 PM James Dempsey wrote

        • swiftbrook8
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 8, 2010
            Heads for corner of room.
            Put's on dunce cap.
            Call's ophthalmologist.

            Slowly raised hand.
            Teacher, where can I set up traits? I don't have my new glasses yet, but I've looked very carefully and I don't see them under Feats & Abilities or any other tab. (also looked for answer in docs and faq). On Summary tab under 'things to be done', only add gear is listed.

            Thanks.

            -slowbrook

            > Thanks for uploading your screenshot. If you look on the left hand list,
            > 2nd from the bottom there is the character traits set. If you either
            > double click on this or click on it and click the > button below the
            > list it will move to the right hand list. Then click load and you will
            > have both the web traits and the core rules.
            >
            > Cheers,
            > James.
            >
            > On 8/08/2010 1:30 PM James Dempsey wrote
            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > Just to confirm then at step 17, you don't see it on the left hand side
            > > of the screen? I've posted a screen shot of what I see at
            > > http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/files/%27Need%20Help%20With%27/PCGen-Advanced-Sources.png
            > >
            > > Cheers,
            > > James.
            > >
            > > On 8/08/2010 12:46 PM swiftbrook8 wrote
            > >
            > >> The Pathfinder Traits Web Enhancement is not loaded and is not an option to load. I'll Try to send a screenshot. Here's the blow by blow:
            > >>
            > >> Windows XP SP 3, 1.98 Gb Ram
            > >>
            > >> 1) Uninstalled PC GEN
            > >> 2) Restarted computer
            > >> 3) Downloaded fresh copy of pcggen5163RC3_win_install.exe
            > >> 4) Ran install program with all defaults. Installed with no visible errors. Clicked [Finished]
            > >> 5) Ran shortcut from desktop
            > >> 6) Preferences were still saved.
            > >> 7) Uninstalled PC GEN
            > >> 8) Deleted C:\Program Files\PCGen folder and .PCGen folder
            > >> 9) Restarted computer
            > >> 10) Downloaded fresh copy of pcggen5163RC3_win_install.exe
            > >> 11) Ran install program with all defaults. Installed with no visible errors. Clicked [Finished]
            > >> 12) Ran shortcut from desktop
            > >> 13) Closed Tip of the day
            > >> 14) Load Sources window (basic). Chose Pathfinder for gamemasters. [Load]
            > >> 15) Closed OGL screen (unchecked box)
            > >> 16) Went to Settings  Load Sources  [Use Advanced Screen]
            > >> 17) Pathfinder trait web enhancement was not listed as loaded or an option to load.
            > >> 18) I unload all the pathfinder data but now when I go to the Advanced Screen it only shows the pathfinder data without the web trait enhancement.

          • James Dempsey
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 8, 2010

              Good to hear you got it loaded.

              The traits are buried a bit. On the Race > Templates tab, add the
              "Player Character Traits" template. Then the 'things to be done' list
              will show that you need to select traits. This can be done on the Feats
              & Abilities > Traits tab. You could also go straight to the Traits tab
              and modify the remaining value to be 2 and not worry about the template
              if you wanted.

              Cheers,
              James.

              On 8/08/2010 8:35 PM swiftbrook8 wrote

            • swiftbrook8
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 8, 2010
                Got it. That wasn't the problem. I didn't get the supplement material, including the traits, loaded correctly. Keep hammering and eventually the rock will crack. Now, let's see if I can recreate the original odd behavior :-).

                Thanks for all your help.

                -Swiftbrook

                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 8, 2010
                  There *has* to be a Better method for this. I'll look into it.
                   --
                  Andrew

                  ________________________________
                  Got it.  That wasn't the problem.  I didn't get the supplement material,
                  including the traits, loaded correctly.  Keep hammering and eventually the rock
                  will crack.  Now, let's see if I can recreate the original odd behavior :-).

                  Thanks for all  your help.

                  -Swiftbrook

                  > Good to hear you got it loaded.
                  >
                  > The traits are buried a bit. On the Race > Templates tab, add the
                  > "Player Character Traits" template. Then the 'things to be done' list
                  > will show that you need to select traits. This can be done on the Feats
                  > & Abilities > Traits tab. You could also go straight to the Traits tab
                  > and modify the remaining value to be 2 and not worry about the template
                  > if you wanted.
                  >
                  > Cheers,
                  > James.
                  >
                  > On 8/08/2010 8:35 PM swiftbrook8 wrote
                  > > Heads for corner of room.
                  > > Put's on dunce cap.
                  > > Call's ophthalmologist.
                  > >
                  > > Slowly raised hand.
                  > > Teacher, where can I set up traits?  I don't have my new glasses yet, but
                  >I've looked very carefully and I don't see them under Feats & Abilities or any
                  >other tab.  (also looked for answer in docs and faq).  On Summary tab under
                  >'things to be done', only add gear is listed.
                  > >
                  > > Thanks.
                  > >
                  > > -slowbrook
                  > >
                  > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > >> Hi,
                  > >>
                  > >> Thanks for uploading your screenshot. If you look on the left hand list,
                  > >> 2nd from the bottom there is the character traits set. If you either
                  > >> double click on this or click on it and click the > button below the
                  > >> list it will move to the right hand list. Then click load and you will
                  > >> have both the web traits and the core rules.
                  > >>
                  > >> Cheers,
                  > >> James.
                  > >>
                  > >> On 8/08/2010 1:30 PM James Dempsey wrote

                  >to load.  I'll Try to send a screenshot.  Here's the blow by blow:

                  >errors.  Clicked [Finished]
                  >errors.  Clicked [Finished]
                  >[Load]
                  >option to load.
                  >Screen it only shows the pathfinder data without the web trait enhancement.

                  >the odd trait behavior?  OR, is there going to be a RC4 ?

                  >changed.  The new Basic/Advanced Load Sources windows are VERY confusing.

                  >Pathfinder Trait web enhancement isn't an option to load.

                  >Pathfinder option and won't give me any more options to load.

                  >run.

                  Related Lists
                  PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/
                  PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs: