[pathfinder] opening file, pcgen babbles about too many feats

  • Saxum Caribetum
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 6, 2010
      pcgen 5.16.3rc3, pathfinder etc.

      re-generated sorcerer 8, fresh in 5.16.3.rc3
      saved and re-opened

      when opened, the Summary page says

      1. Too many Feats have been selected
      2. Human racial Traits remain to be selected

      the Feats & Abilities tab is ticked to show attention needed.
      when I switch to Feat & Abilities tab, PCGen re-evaluates life, and
      decides all is ok, unticks the tab and clears the Things To Do box.

      Unfortunately for me, it also reckons other files are wrong (from
      5.17.3), but doesn't fix them when I switch to the tab, but is seriously
      under-counting the feats earned by the characters (character level 8-10,
      some single class, some multi-class).

      --
      Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"

    • David R. Bender
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 6, 2010
        Under Feats & Abilities -> Racial Abilities, there is a new Category
        "Human Racial Traits". I used the "1_Default Human Racial Abilities"
        for this and those error messages went away. I have not tried with other
        races, but it should be the same.

        David
        Papa.DRB

        Grognard (definition 1)
        My better half and me

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 6, 2010
          Yes,

          Though the automatic KIT should be firing,  you shouldn't even need to select
          the '1_Default <race name> Racial Abilities'. I'll take another look at it,
          it *was* working automatically for me when I set it up.

          That new change is to support the Advanced Players Guide.
           --
          Andrew

          ________________________________
          Under Feats & Abilities -> Racial Abilities, there is a new Category
          "Human Racial Traits".  I used the "1_Default Human Racial Abilities"
          for this and those error messages went away. I have not tried with other
          races, but it should be the same.

          David
          Papa.DRB

          Grognard (definition 1)
          My better half and me

          On 8/6/2010 11:37 AM, Saxum Caribetum wrote:
          >    pcgen 5.16.3rc3, pathfinder etc.
          >
          > re-generated sorcerer 8, fresh in 5.16.3.rc3
          > saved and re-opened
          >
          > when opened, the Summary page says
          >
          >      1. Too many Feats have been selected
          >      2. Human racial Traits remain to be selected
          >
          > the Feats&  Abilities tab is ticked to show attention needed.
          > when I switch to Feat&  Abilities tab, PCGen re-evaluates life, and
          > decides all is ok, unticks the tab and clears the Things To Do box.
          >

          > Unfortunately for me, it also reckons other files are wrong (from
          > 5.17.3), but doesn't fix them when I switch to the tab, but is seriously
          > under-counting the feats earned by the characters (character level 8-10,
          > some single class, some multi-class).

          Related Lists
          PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/
          PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs: