[pathfinder] could not add equipment: Claw (Natural/Primary)

  • Saxum Caribetum
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 6, 2010
      pcgen 5.16.3rc3, pathfinder etc.
      sorcerer 8, draconic bloodline.

      (re-)created from scratch in 5.16.3rc3
      as created, saved, re-loaded -- OK
      I then added more equipment, and shuffled the order
      now when I have saved and re-loaded I get the error "Warning: Could not
      add equipment: Claw (Natural/Primary). Check loaded campaigns."

      loaded campaigns are unchanged throughout this process....

      the message *may* be entirely spurious, as once loaded, the inventory
      does have Claw (Natural/Primary),
      the equipped tab shows it equipped to the slot Natural-Primary
      and the character sheet shows the Claws.

      FWIW the sheet appears also to be hung-up about the ranged-weapon aspect
      of masterwork daggers, as it keeps repeating the block...

      --
      Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 6, 2010
        False Positive, we're aware of it. It's not present in 5.17 so not likely to be
        fixed in 5.16.
         --
        Andrew

        ________________________________
        I then added more equipment, and shuffled the order
        now when I have saved and re-loaded I get the error "Warning: Could not
        add equipment: Claw (Natural/Primary). Check loaded campaigns."

        loaded campaigns are unchanged throughout this process....

        the message *may* be entirely spurious, as once loaded, the inventory
        does have Claw (Natural/Primary),
        the equipped tab shows it equipped to the slot Natural-Primary
        and the character sheet shows the Claws.

        FWIW the sheet appears also to be hung-up about the ranged-weapon aspect
        of masterwork daggers, as it keeps repeating the block...

        --
        Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
        ArM Code 1.5 5++ Ca++ R++p H++ ?L Y(96) T(5)- SG+++ G++++ P++ HoH(Ma++ Q+ Hg+)
        Fz(E)++ C++ :-) Cd++

        ------------------------------------

        Related Lists
        PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/
        PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs:

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • UnclePete
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 17, 2011
          Sorry to dig up an old post, but this is kind of annoying. I **can**
          live with it, but is there any chance of getting it fixed before 5.17?

          Before anyone suggests it, I'm not comfortable using an alpha release in
          a real game. Sorry.

          Pete

          PS - using 5.16.4 + OoC update4 Pathfinder datasets

          On 08/07/2010 07:48 AM, Andrew Maitland wrote:

          > False Positive, we're aware of it. It's not present in 5.17 so not
          > likely to be
          > fixed in 5.16.
          > --
          > Andrew
          >
          > ________________________________

        • David R. Bender
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 17, 2011
            As rock solid as 5.17.6 is, I would surmise that the answer is no.

            -- david
            Papa.DRB

            My better half and me (jpg)

            Rule of thumb for software: The first 80% of the development takes 80%
            of the planned time. The last 20% takes the other 80%.

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 17, 2011
              Agreed, 5.17.6 is fairly stable, I use the alpha's and beta, and as far as bugs go, the ones I find
              are things that most users will never find.

              We don't have any intentions of releasing another 5.16 release.

              Now, since you're having issues, we can work around those, you can make your own "equipment" if that
              would help.

              Cheers,